Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is Koumas our Worst Signing Ever?

Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:43 am

Considering what we're paying for him, coupled with the fact he's only started 5 games, I pose the question:

Is he the worst signing in cardiff's history?

In my mind he's up there with Gavin Gordon, Steve Lynex and That german dude. But we're paying Koumas a lot more than those bros.

Re: Is Koumas our Worst Signing Ever?

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:09 am

I still think Miguel Comminges is the worst we've had in years. I know he wasn't that expensive but still. We've had some shockers though. Koumas is far from the worst unfortunately.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:23 am

Comminges poor, eddie big pants, poor and feeney..
my personal oppinion I think 'Koumas' has been a bad boy... he looks haunted whatever is going on or has gone on in his personal life etc .
not the same player

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:28 am

ccfc_cotta wrote:Comminges poor, eddie big pants, poor and feeney..
my personal oppinion I think 'Koumas' has been a bad boy... he looks haunted whatever is going on or has gone on in his personal life etc .
not the same player

Haunted... Good description

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:59 am

Bit of context, over the season we will have paid him more than 500k.

Not sure if we paid Wigan a loan fee or not. :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:25 am

I still think he's going to turn it around, with Ramsey gone I'd give him a go. Bags of ability, just needs his confidence back, I think he could be key to promotion.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:41 am

GarethBrad wrote:I still think he's going to turn it around, with Ramsey gone I'd give him a go. Bags of ability, just needs his confidence back, I think he could be key to promotion.

not so long we were slating hudson,he came good(most improved player this season)I would like to think koumas will be the same,given the chance :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:50 am

Ahead of Nsungu Ndumbu, Eddie Johnson and that Dutch bloke a couple of years back? There are plenty worse than him, I think. Koumas has shown brief glimpses of what he can do, but these 3 showed nothing in my opinion

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:12 am

Would say Nsungu was far worse. Also Gordon and Darlington...

Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:18 am

Lethal Lynex was a legend along with Pat Heard :lol: how dare u sir :evil:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:03 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Lethal Lynex was a legend along with Pat Heard :lol: how dare u sir :evil:

Lethal, Lethal Lynex. Lethal, Lethal Lynex. Ha ha good old days!!!!!!!!!!! :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:47 am

no he is not because he came on as a sub and he is the one who put the cross for olly to get a goal back from a loss and plus taiwo is the worst :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:55 am

In recent times I would say Feeney BUT from years ago the list is endless

Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:57 am

We have had 100's of worse signings over the years too many to mention........
Everybody is disappointed that Koumas is not the player he once was and a gamble that as of yet has not payed off......
But we live in hope

Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:02 am

Don't ask me why, but I've got this gut feeling that sometime during the run in Koumas will deliver for us. :shock: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:06 am

Without doubt the worst signing is Andy Jordan, son of cheating b*stard.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:21 am

I realise that I am going back a bit but the signing of Frank Sharp in the late sixties takes some beating. That man was completely useless at football and was actually a bit of a joke. We eventually managed to get rid of him as a make weight when Les Lea was sold to Barnsley. Les Lea incidently was an excellent player who, at the time, I personally was sorry to see go.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:01 pm

Not the worse but probably the most disappointing

Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:12 pm

neeball wrote:Not the worse but probably the most disappointing

Yup

Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:13 pm

Jason Byrne, Warren Feeney, Dai Thomas have all got to be in for a bigger shout than this. At least Koumas has the quality in him, these shysters couldnt get in my subbuteo team

Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:47 pm

nobber wrote:Don't ask me why, but I've got this gut feeling that sometime during the run in Koumas will deliver for us. :shock: :ayatollah:

Nobber you took the words right out of my mouth, start Koumas and watch us fly

Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:11 pm

Damned Yank wrote:Considering what we're paying for him, coupled with the fact he's only started 5 games, I pose the question:

In my mind he's up there with Gavin Gordon, Steve Lynex and That german dude. But we're paying Koumas a lot more than those bros.

fowler was shyt :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:20 pm

Zabier wrote:I still think Miguel Comminges is the worst we've had in years. I know he wasn't that expensive but still. We've had some shockers though. Koumas is far from the worst unfortunately.

Taiwo has to be worse :lol:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:49 pm

nobber wrote:Don't ask me why, but I've got this gut feeling that sometime during the run in Koumas will deliver for us. :shock: :ayatollah:

I said the same to someone at work last week. He needs a run in the team and, with our current injuries in midfield and Rambo returning to Arse, he may well get his chance sooner rather than later. To mention him in the same breath as some on here beggars belief

Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:18 pm

Is Koumas our worst ever player ? Well the first time he came here he was one of the best. The second time well put it this way he has been the biggest waste of money that is for sure and a waste of a loan signing. But has he cost us games ? well no because he hasn't played many.
Now Lee Naylor he is our worst ever player in my opinion. If you add up all the games he has lost us or points dropped we would be top now and comfortably clear of QPR. He is a liability and every other team knew this. Why would they target him if he wasn't shite. They knew he was the worst left back in the Championship

Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:26 pm

Damned Yank wrote:Considering what we're paying for him, coupled with the fact he's only started 5 games, I pose the question:

No offence intended. But you can't have watched many seasons if you think Koumas is the worst signing in Cardiff's history.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:39 pm

No - Peter Ridsdale :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:49 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:

I said the same to someone at work last week. He needs a run in the team and, with our current injuries in midfield and Rambo returning to Arse, he may well get his chance sooner rather than later. To mention him in the same breath as some on here beggars belief

Koumas will come good for us. He's got bags of quality, he just needs a run to get his game going again.

I think a lot of the reason that people are upset is that they know how good he is, and are frustrated that he hasn't shown it so far. But he will. Just give him a chance.

Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:54 pm

SteW wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

Koumas will come good for us. He's got bags of quality, he just needs a run to get his game going again.

I think a lot of the reason that people are upset is that they know how good he is, and are frustrated that he hasn't shown it so far. But he will. Just give him a chance.

I also thought he was like that for Wales, too. Always shone against Liechtenstein, San Marino, etc but when it came to games against the bigger and better countries, he did used to go missing just when you needed an inspiring performance

Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:57 pm

Taiwo played a blinder against the Wurzels in the snow, shame about his match versus the Jacks. :lol:

I'd say Warren Feeney is up there as one of the worst. I know alot of lads on here like him but he never did anything.