Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

o/t iphone 4 upgrade..

Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:16 pm

just upgraded my phone to an iphone4,,,,, £69 for the handset and £35 a month tarriff..... not a bad deal... any good apps i should get??? :ayatollah:

Re: o/t iphone 4 upgrade..

Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:56 pm

boyosback wrote:just upgraded my phone to an iphone4,,,,, £69 for the handset and £35 a month tarriff..... not a bad deal... any good apps i should get??? :ayatollah:

Gremlin, i pint, fingercut, igirls, yell.com, Sky sports, Sky Sports football, Odeon, Just some to go on :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:07 pm

boyosback wrote:just upgraded my phone to an iphone4,,,,, £69 for the handset and £35 a month tarriff..... not a bad deal... any good apps i should get??? :ayatollah:

What deal did you get for minutes and texts and downloads?

I'm out of contract on the 21st and am going to get one, after wrinsing all the iphone users for year I'm finally going for it!

You can get sky sports news on there aswell!

Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:29 pm

Got mine from Tesco on a 12 month contract :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: I paid £340 for the phone on £20 a month. 250 mins unlimited text. Worked out cheaper than getting the phone for free and paying 35 o40 quid a month for two years :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:37 pm

35 quid gets me 600 mins unlimited txts and 500mg internet.... the phone cost me 69 but ive just sold my old one on envirophone for 80 so a bargain...lol and cheers for the apps guys.. :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:44 pm

I got my iPhone 4 for free! And sim only deal now which is a rolling monthly contract at £15 p/month. That gives unlimited texts, 500 mins free calls, and 500mb data :)

Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:15 pm

Bloody Hell Merlin and Boyo you have both done well!! Paid £240 for mine 16gb, £30 a month, 600 mins, unlimted text, but do have 1gb internet use - 24 month contract though. But I dont care cause it f*cking rules lads, wicked phone.

Apps to get - Tunein radio - you can record from it too, Met Office - check the weather, Sky* record Sky from your handset, Alarm Clock, so you can wake up to your tunes and Angry Birds soooooo addictive. Oh and saw a great App on the Gadetshow this week, but cant remember the name, have a look on their website, was basically a GPS that tracks your phone, so if some fucker steals it from you, you go online and direct the police to your phone and the tw*t that has it - nice :D :D :D I would love to see the look on their face when the Cops walk up to them!!

Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:19 pm

CardiffCityCulture wrote:Bloody Hell Merlin and Boyo you have both done well!! Paid £240 for mine 16gb, £30 a month, 600 mins, unlimted text, but do have 1gb internet use - 24 month contract though. But I dont care cause it f*cking rules lads, wicked phone.

Apps to get - Tunein radio - you can record from it too, Met Office - check the weather, Sky* record Sky from your handset, Alarm Clock, so you can wake up to your tunes and Angry Birds soooooo addictive. Oh and saw a great App on the Gadetshow this week, but cant remember the name, have a look on their website, was basically a GPS that tracks your phone, so if some fucker steals it from you, you go online and direct the police to your phone and the tw*t that has it - nice :D :D :D I would love to see the look on their face when the Cops walk up to them!!

Do you think for one minute the Police would be interested in your phone Chief ? But thinking about it if you told them it was being driven up Cowbridge RD at 33 MPH there would be a mad rush of piggy cars heading there :lol: :lol:

Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:29 pm

merlin how did you get that deal?!

Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:35 pm

Fair Point Steve - I'll tell them I'm the Cheif Inspectors Son :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:06 am

CardiffCityCulture wrote:Fair Point Steve - I'll tell them I'm the Cheif Inspectors Son :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:00 am

Hold off the upgrade for a little bit longer.
The next iPhone is on it's way late Quarter 2.

Couldn't believe it when I heard this news; the greedy Apple feckers, release the UK's most expensive handset, then 12-18 months later, they are going to release a new one :o

Good phone the iPhone, don't get me wrong...
But unless you Jail Break the phone, iTunes will drive you fookin insane :lol:

I have the Samsung Galaxy S with Vodafone.

Internet and coverage far better than any other network.

Keep an eye out for the Samsung Galaxy S 2 (GT-I9100)
Beast of a phone. http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9100_g ... i-3621.php

Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:22 am

Got my iphone 4 on an 18 month deal. £24 quid a month, 32g, 1,000 mins, unlimited txt, stupidly excessive amount of internet usage and the phone was free. :D :D

Good job I know someone at Orange!

Football league app is a must.

Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:37 am

Davidreesevans wrote:merlin how did you get that deal?!

I picked up this phone 2 months before my contract was about to end - didn't renew my contract, but took out the 20 quid a month sim only deal with them, which they then gave me a £5 a month loyalty discount on! My iPhone 4 is 32gb - jailbroken and fully unlocked to any network. So now I'm not tied in to a provider I can swap and change to the best deals from any carrier!