Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Stadium Name?

Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:02 pm

Hi there, i am relatively new to all this, but have been a guest on this forum for many months now.
I would just like to ask whether you are happy with the current name 'Cardiff City Stadium'?
In my opinion it is bland and sterile and lacks charisma in comparison to other teams stadiums, i.e old trafford, stamford bridge etc. and 'WHEN' we reach the promised land i was thinking of a name in which sounds more professional and intimidating to opponents....something like 'Capital Park' would be adequate i think.
Your opinions and other ideas please......

Re: Stadium Name?

Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:09 pm

The Cardiff City Stadium was Ridldlers idea so no wonder it's crap. From what I remember it was supposed to make insterting a sponsors name easier e.g. The KFC Cardiff City Stadium.

I always liked St David's Stadium but I also understand the compliant that is not 'Cardiff' enough.

I also quite like your suggestion 'Capital Park' but the truth is the stadium will have a corporate name and if he hangs around long enough I'm sure Vincent Tan will call it the eCosway Stadium.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:22 pm

quite true. i know the current name sums up the place in a nut-shell, but that is all it does do. im thinking we need a name in which would relate to the fans and would not seem so embarrassing if you like.
im against naming rights for stadiums, as the emirates is one of the only naming right stadiums in which sounds okay, but still lacks the persona of a name like highbury.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:25 pm

i'm a big fan of st david's stadium but with the welsh take on it....Dewi Sant Stadium, and before anyone starts, i know stadium isn't welsh

Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:29 pm

Sell the rights to Capital One credit cards.
The Capital Stadium.... thatll piss them off!

Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:32 pm

I liked the name St Davids Stadium too. :ayatollah: