Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Away from footie......

Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:20 am

How many on here hate their jobs?

I am having a tough time in work at the moment. Pay is ok(ish!) but just about everything else sucks. Not many options out there right now, so I've pretty much got to stay to 'pay the bills'. Very depressing!!! Anyone else in (or been in) the same situation? Need some help! :(

Re: Away from footie......

Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:45 am

i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:How many on here hate their jobs?

I am having a tough time in work at the moment. Pay is ok(ish!) but just about everything else sucks. Not many options out there right now, so I've pretty much got to stay to 'pay the bills'. Very depressing!!! Anyone else in (or been in) the same situation? Need some help! :(

I hate my job to mate , but end of the day I think f**k it ! I got bills to pay and kids to surport ! I rather be in a shit job than sat on my arse on the dole

Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:46 am

I hated my Council job so I left and set up my own freelance venture producing web content. It's much better now but there are still the same amount of pros and cons, just different ones. No matter what you do, in my case anyway, if you are forced to do it then it loses its fun!

Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:52 am

Zabier wrote:I hated my Council job so I left and set up my own freelance venture producing web content. It's much better now but there are still the same amount of pros and cons, just different ones. No matter what you do, in my case anyway, if you are forced to do it then it loses its fun!

I know what you're saying about once you're forced to do something, a job's a job at the end of the day. Well done for setting up on your own mate, very ballsy. Often thought about it but to be honest I lack the bottle! :(

Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:15 am

RIVERSIDE-FC wrote:
    i've got my pick n shovel! wrote:How many on here hate their jobs?

I hate my job to mate , but end of the day I think f**k it ! I got bills to pay and kids to surport ! I rather be in a shit job than sat on my arse on the dole

Me too, but there's got to be more to life than this? F@ck knows I spend enough of my life in work,to feel as shit as I do when I'm there is so demoralising :(

Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:45 pm

I'm in the same boat. Basically, job is easy but both the atmosphere and the people are horrible. 'Gay' as it might sound, the lack of interaction with others has probably hampered my confidence, so in turn I'm more socially inept. Money though, good money that allows me to work part time - however, the need for material posessions to compensate for such a demoralising role is great. As is the need for litres of Stella on Saturdays.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:37 pm

Wish hating my job was my problem :lol:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:08 pm

im getting fed up or working evenings and weekends now and jus doing nothing during the day but start a new job on monday so hopefully it will be good :D

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:11 pm

I dont mind it, just wish it was permanent instead of contract after contract, cant plan anything when its so uncertain