Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do you think.....

Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:23 am

Cardiff City will ever play in the Premiership during your lifetime?

In other words will we go up this season and if not will it be a fatal blow which will see us miss out for another generation?

Re: Do you think.....

Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:27 am

Yeah, I think we will and I think it will be this season! :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:31 am

I never thought Id ever see City in an FA Cup Final but I did ........... so who knows ?? This season is our best shot ever altho last season was bloody close !

Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:33 am

I'm beginning to believe that this could be the year and after all the heartache over the 39 years I've been watching the City it will taste so much sweeter :lol:

However, after all these years I have to accept that it might not happen this year :roll: Whilst, if that were to happen, there would be a lot of team re-building required (and probably a new manager) I'm not sure that it would signal the end of all ambition for the club as some do.

We may have to write off next season in terms of a promotion push but I honestly can't see TG and VT just giving up and walking away. They have a professional, if not personal, pride in being successful and a set-back in their first full year in charge would not, in my opinion, be enough to make them give up on their ambition to make Cardiff a Premier football club given all that they have invested so far :?

But as I said initially, I really think we can do it this year and a win on Saturday will make all our rivals twitch a little :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:38 am

Being a City fan you expect something to happen , something to go wrong ............ so maybe this will be our turn ? I had to suffer the Jacks going up in 1981 was it ?? Dont want to see that happen again :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:04 am

Laws of Averages gives us one season there surely, time is passing me by so this is the one chance I will have because I honestly believe we wont recover if we fail this time :( We have got to be the biggest club never to play there. :oops:

On a more serious note, if we do make it then Im afraid to say the fixtures next year will undoubtedly result in a few banning orders being handed out :roll:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:14 am

we've not played Man U since about 1974 I dont think ???? :old: