Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " I HOPE FOR DAVE JONES' SAKE "

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:06 pm

This, apparently, is a message board that respects opinions. I don't have any mission to slate everyone on here, I'd say of my 900 posts that I've hardly ever abused or slated people on here!

I feel that the updates have potential to harm our club. I feel that the constant updates on what Sam Hammam is feeling is just hilarious when the guy is a first class nutcase who almost run our club into the ground. I feel that Carl Curtis is one of the best reporters the Echo has ever had, which is saying something, but it just shows what that papers credibility is like when there are aspiring journalists like Ben Dudley with a sports journalism degree searching for a job, then they give it to someone just because they have a couple of thousand of views on a messageboard now and again.

I said you SEEM like a decent guy, Carl. Do you have a problem taking compliments?

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:Sorry FB, try this.http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... poker.html

Cheers :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

he mite be cheaper than kirkland...................??

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:10 pm

ELY BOY wrote:Keep the updates coming Carl.

Baker, learn some respect and realise that reaching the age of 19 and noticing your balls have dropped doesn't make you the f*cking oracle. Yes you can string more than two sentences together, which for the youth of today is pretty decent, but there are ways to make your points and the way you come over and the way you seem to want to have a pop all the time is actually more devisive than Carls updates ever will be.

Well put Ely Boy, We have to find a way to separate new and younger posters from fans that just want to be fans and say things like they are from the likes of Baker and his little click of Twerps that think they are above all longterm/ oldschool etc etc, they'v almost killed the other board with posts of everything but football, no wonder we dont sing any more, They'r all round the CCS!! :old:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:12 pm

Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:

Baker, learn some respect and realise that reaching the age of 19 and noticing your balls have dropped doesn't make you the f*cking oracle. Yes you can string more than two sentences together, which for the youth of today is pretty decent, but there are ways to make your points and the way you come over and the way you seem to want to have a pop all the time is actually more devisive than Carls updates ever will be.

Well put Ely Boy, We have to find a way to separate new and younger posters from fans that just want to be fans and say things like they are from the likes of Baker and his little click of Twerps that think they are above all longterm/ oldschool etc etc, they'v almost killed the other board with posts of everything but football, no wonder we dont sing any more, They'r all round the CCS!! :old:

My little click of twerps? Who are they exactly?
May I ask, why is it you always seem to have some sort of remark about me on these forums? What is your problem?

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:13 pm

TBH I dont think age has anything to do with it, we have some brilliant young posters and some older posters who act like children.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:13 pm

Steve Tucker

wrote with DJ Quote

CARDIFF CITY have signed Wigan goalkeeper Chris Kirkland on loan until the end of the season.

The 29-year-old, who has also had spells at Liverpool and Coventry, could be set to make an instant impact with Bluebirds boss Dave Jones revealing both current shot-stoppers at the club are carrying injuries.

Tom Heaton, who played in the 2-0 win at Hull yesterday, has a groin strain and David Marshall is set to have surgery on ligaments in his elbow which will rule him out for up to four months.

Jones said: “Due to the injuries we needed a top quality keeper and Chris is another good addition to our squad.”

Hmm :roll: :roll:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:15 pm

So, you need to have studied journalism or media to write in a newspaper?

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:20 pm

2blue2handle wrote:TBH I dont think age has anything to do with it, we have some brilliant young posters and some older posters who act like children.

Yes we do , Ill take a slice of humble pie with your reply :)

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:24 pm

baker wrote:
And when you say, "I hope for your sake" it's very childish and that just shows you up. And don't get me started on the Echo column, my oh my you've shown the credibility of that paper when they hired you. You seem like a decent guy, but to give someone who has no degree or experience in sports journalism a column in their paper is just laughable.

That's all I will add. I expect this to be deleted anyway. Or myself to be banned.

Your updates are one of the worst things to ever happen to Cardiff City.

thats pathetic.

carl deserves to write for the echo. His updates have been a success. and for you to call them 'the worst thing to ever happen to cardiff city' is a complete joke.

Carl has done nothing wrong, i feel sorry for him when he gets slated by muppets on here.

He bends over backwards collecting information and typing updates up in his spare time for people on this messageboard

and for people to call his updates a joke is completly not acceptable at all

If you dont like them dont read them :lol: :lol:

and if they were the worst thing to happen to cardiff city, why does he have roughly 5000 views :? ;)

check your facts next time :lol:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:24 pm

Bit harsh to say about age wise... no age for this fourm we're all Cardiff fans each allowed are own views.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Steve Tucker

wrote with DJ Quote

CARDIFF CITY have signed Wigan goalkeeper Chris Kirkland on loan until the end of the season.

The 29-year-old, who has also had spells at Liverpool and Coventry, could be set to make an instant impact with Bluebirds boss Dave Jones revealing both current shot-stoppers at the club are carrying injuries.

Tom Heaton, who played in the 2-0 win at Hull yesterday, has a groin strain and David Marshall is set to have surgery on ligaments in his elbow which will rule him out for up to four months.

Jones said: “Due to the injuries we needed a top quality keeper and Chris is another good addition to our squad.”

Mark Bloom also used that quote in an article in last nights SWE but he also stated that David Marshall will not play again this season after having surgery on his elbow. Is that a fact?

I have watched or listened to ALL media interviews with DJ since the game on Saturday and there is no mention of Chris Kirkland in any of them, we all know DJ doesn't talk to MediaWales so my question is where and when did he say it. Are we to believe he absolutey said it because Steve Tucker and Mark Bloom say that he has. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Having said that if it is true that Marshall has had surgery without the club having signed an experienced replacement boy will someone have egg on their face. Guess we will have to wait until the weekend to find out. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:29 pm

baker wrote:I'm 19 years old, and I can guarantee you I'm by far more intelligent than you.

Fact?

I mean, easy statement to claim. More difficult to prove. I'd assume you were aware even things like IQ tests are fundamentally flawed in themselves? Define intelligence - do you mean more esoteric notions such as "emotional intelligence"?

The work I do requires a fair bit of intelligence. Wouldn't make claims to be Bill Gates-esque, but I know I'm intelligent. In your case, I'd clarify - it appears that you misinterpreted Carl's original post - which may not in itself indicate a low intelligence, but may be a single factor.

Case in point, you seem to want to devote yourself to continuously brown nosing the moderators on here -- which couldn't be a better example of how much you're lacking in intellectual capacity.

Which, whilst an interesting concept in itself would require some evidence. Sometimes I agree with things posted, other ties I don't. Which any cursory glance at my posts would indicate.

Now, turning that point on it's head, examining your posts and posting history tends to indicate two things, both here and on CCMB.

1) Every post is designed to get attention - people agreeing, getting people's backs up - end result irrelevant. The drive for that attention, good or bad, motivates you, to the point you have to multi-account.

2) You seem to feel you're more intelligent than others. Exemplified by your constant posts, more often on CCMB, where you routinely try to play each board off against the other. Is that truly inteligence, or a desire to feel important?

You're by far too obsessed with my posts, I can't remember a time I've posted on here and you haven't replied to me with some sarcastic jibe. Run along now.

It's a life lesson, kiddo. Play games on message boards, you'll always find somebody better equipped mentally and emotionally to respond. I've said this before in your direction - I'm sure you're a decent enough kid, just drop the attitude and attention seeking shit; stop causing divides.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:30 pm

baker wrote:

My little click of twerps? Who are they exactly?
May I ask, why is it you always seem to have some sort of remark about me on these forums? What is your problem?

Well if you didnt have more than one account as you'v admitted yourself id be in a better position to name posters associated with, why have several accounts???

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:31 pm

baker wrote:My little click of twerps? Who are they exactly?

It's "clique". Not "click". Hate it when people make that mistake.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:35 pm

nerd wrote:

I was quoting him.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:36 pm

castleblue wrote:

wrote with DJ Quote

Mark Bloom also used that quote in an article in last nights SWE but he also stated that David Marshall will not play again this season after having surgery on his elbow. Is that a fact?

I have watched or listened to ALL media interviews with DJ since the game on Saturday and there is no mention of Chris Kirkland in any of them, we all know DJ doesn't talk to MediaWales so my question is where and when did he say it. Are we to believe he absolutey said it because Steve Tucker and Mark Bloom say that he has. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Having said that if it is true that Marshall has had surgery without the club having signed an experienced replacement boy will someone have egg on their face. Guess we will have to wait until the weekend to find out. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

David Marshall, up to yesterday, which included the piece that Mark Bloom wrote had not had the operation.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:37 pm

baker wrote:
nerd wrote:

I was quoting him.

I know, although within the context of the quote, punctuation would have helped express that nuance. I would however have thought you'd have corrected it.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:38 pm

Well if you didnt have more than one account as you'v admitted yourself id be in a better position to name posters associated with, why have several accounts???

I've made two personal accounts on CCMB, I had to stop using 'baker' for legitimate reasons due to there being some weird, twisted people out there. Now, name this clique of mine! Absolute baloney.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:44 pm

carlccfc wrote:Also shall I inform you of a meeting I had with TG where he thanked me for keeping him informed and also when asked a direct question answered that he does not have a problem with what I write on this forum and if he did or IF IT WERE HARMING THE CLUB HE WOULD TELL ME.

Sorry, just had to check this means what I think it does.

You're saying that TG keeps up to date with the goings on of the club through you?

I have no axe to grind with anyone, it just seems a bit odd if that is what you mean.

You've only had 2 accounts on CCMB?

carlccfc wrote:
castleblue wrote:

wrote with DJ Quote

David Marshall, up to yesterday, which included the piece that Mark Bloom wrote had not had the operation.

Thank you Carl and that goes to prove my point because I have just looked at the article again and it says Marshall WILL NOT play again this season after having surgery on his elbow.

One inaccurate statement in an article which again makes the claim of an official quote from DJ that Chris Kirkland had signed, what are the odds that this quotation makes it two inaccurate statements.

Pretty short I think. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:46 pm

SteW wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Also shall I inform you of a meeting I had with TG where he thanked me for keeping him informed and also when asked a direct question answered that he does not have a problem with what I write on this forum and if he did or IF IT WERE HARMING THE CLUB HE WOULD TELL ME.

You're saying that TG keeps up to date with the goings on of the club through you?

I have no axe to grind with anyone, it just seems a bit odd if that is what you mean.

No Carl, emails him the updates to him and has said if there is anything you want me to take out I will.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
SteW wrote:

No Carl, emails him the updates to him and has said if there is anything you want me to take out I will.

Ahhh, well that makes sense. Cheers Annis.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:49 pm

Foreverblue
No Carl, emails him the updates to him and has said if there is anything you want me to take out I will.[/quote]

Stew
Ahhh, well that makes sense. Cheers Annis.[/quote]

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:53 pm

baker wrote:

I've made two personal accounts on CCMB, I had to stop using 'baker' for legitimate reasons due to there being some weird, twisted people out there. Now, name this clique of mine! Absolute baloney.

Are you for real?? i cant type as it is and i aint got time to write about the Bakers all night!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:56 pm

nerd wrote:You've only had 2 accounts on CCMB?

Yup. In the early days when I was about 15 years old I made a couple of accounts for fun & games, about 2 or 3 but that was nearly 3 years ago.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:08 pm

baker wrote:

Yup. In the early days when I was about 15 years old I made a couple of accounts for fun & games, about 2 or 3 but that was nearly 3 years ago.

In the early days? wouldnt happen to be around the same time as our Wembley semi-and final would it??? :old:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:11 pm

baker wrote:

If you;re 19, wouldn't that be nearly four years ago?

Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:15 pm

PtB wrote:
baker wrote:

If you;re 19, wouldn't that be nearly four years ago?

I'm almost 19.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:18 pm

Just picked this thread up. What great debate from all sides. Took me half hour to read (in a pub) but lots of well argued opinions. I have no idea what the truths are, or who is to blame but great credit to a young lad Gareth for making his point most eloquently in the face of adversity.

Even though most of us disagree with him, well done young man. Why not go and meet the boys sometime. I'm sure u would love it.