Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: favourite ground visited

Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:21 pm

one of the worst i have been to with cardiff is chesterfield.
i like the hawthorns, its not a brand new lego staduim, but not that shit either, and also gets a decent atmosphere there.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:27 pm

Best best grounds, well its hard to argue with the emirates really although The Stadium of light is also awesome.

Loved going to Hereford or Oldham in terms of crap grounds.

Biggest dissapointent for me was St James Park

Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:19 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:griffin park brentford been there 8 times, on the pitch in 85 (I think ely trendie remembers) loads of pubsand easy to get to.. good day a all round

The only ground in Britain with a pub on each 4 corners of the ground - until recently away. Yeah, neat little ground. Had the pleasure of watching Wiagn beat them there almost 9 years ago when Wigan were in the third flight - don't ask!

Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:34 pm

What about Peterborough ?
A classice old style covered terrace away end - can't fault it

Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:51 pm

Plymouths home park, had some cracking away days down their.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:01 pm

stan106 wrote:What about Peterborough ?
A classice old style covered terrace away end - can't fault it

Weren't that good this season with 200 of us. :lol: I missed the 4-4 luckily. ;)

Also it's being turned into a seated stand this summer.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:21 pm

Exeter for me as well even though we lost 2-0 when I went. Quite like Sunderland as well.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:25 pm

Dont know why , but Filbert Street and the Baseball ground were favs of mine. The worst by a mile , Bloomfield Rd , and Molineaux was always a laugh

Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:00 pm

Turfmoor in Burnley back in Rick Wright's first season. We conceded after 16 seconds and they scored their killer 2nd when we had 3 players virtually dead on the pitch!

The noise their fans made was unbelievable!I literally couldn't here myself singing.

White Hart lane in the Worthy Cup when Willie Bolland hit the bar. My favourite ground and the best away atmosphere we've ever generated when I've been there. Even better than Chelsea for me although the goal celebration at Chelseas was something special and I'm still out of breath from it now!
:ayatollah:

Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:30 pm

Gigg Lane Bury - my first away day with the city on the day we got promoted in 75/76 I think it was. I had the day off school,went with my dad and we walked in to the away end without paying and stood among the weeds that were growing there. We won 1-0 a tap in scored by my favourite ever city player Adrian Alston and Palace lost to Chester to seal our place and cue the pitch invasion. We didn't really deserve to win the game, but who cares!!

Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:02 pm

i liked Highbury

also Derby and Coventry are always good away days

Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:19 pm

Anfield, Upton Park, St.James Park and Villa Park, years ago I used to enjoy going to Edgar Street (Hereford United) thought it was a great little ground for atmosphere. :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:25 pm

Enjoyed going to hereford and wrexham, shittiest chesterfield,best staduim of light and wembley :ayatollah: :ayatollah: west ham was a laugh :D

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:48 pm

I love Bristol City's Ashton Gate.

Reminds me slightly of Ninian Park. :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:06 pm

worst Hereford, but always a laugh.
remember one year (early 90`) so many fans trying to get in , they let us in for free

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

best went to real Betis mad and felt like the stadium was shaking :D :D

Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:26 pm

the vetch, great crack

Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:15 pm

Everton's Goodison Park has got to be my fav.

not the best view or most comfortable seats etc.... but its a proper old school football ground :old:
cracking atmos on the Gwladys st end, when everyone stands up it rocks...dosnt matter that you cant see the pitch :lol:

Surounded by old fasioned boozers & quality chip shops & cafes on Goodison rd & County road, Goodison is the quintesetial british football experience.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:48 pm

swindons ground's a good one, train there, searched by o/b on the platform then into the white horse for a piss up. the pubs not there anymore i think. afterwards be marched by o/b via terraced streets to the gound. happy days. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:14 am

Edgar Street and St James Park Exeter for me, good old days in the lower divisions, first fixtures I would look for !

Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:46 am

too many to mention really ................ but in recent times Emirates and new Wembley will be 1 and 2 . Old Wembley was disappointing have to say plus so was old Stamford Bridge apart from the new 3 tier stand , 1st visit to Hillsborough was impressive too back in the day . Shittiest have to be Hereford and Exeter as an away fan altho Torquay not too far behind ........ I didnt go away at all when we were in the dungeon so plenty of shitholes Ive missed :old:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:51 am

Hereford and Chesterfield (Saltergate) are my favourites. Proper old school football grounds.

Of the new grounds, Hull is my favourite

White Hart Lane is good day out!

For shear size, Old Traffold is amazing!!

Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:53 am

Been to Barcelona for a tour during the close season while on hols ................ massive stadium but so very old and basic behind the scenes , dressing rooms were terrible when I visited !!