Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

favourite ground visited

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:38 pm

apart from ninian park my favoutite ground visited for a cracking atmosphere was the dell southampton .it was a proper old footy theatre, tight compact and we always got a nice welcoming commitee off the locals :lol: :old: :ayatollah:

Re: favourite ground visited

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:45 pm

White hart lane, upton park and goodison park

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:45 pm

Apart from Ninian Park.

My favorite is Hillsborough.

Good old fashion stadium. :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:48 pm

The OLD DEN, MILLWALL, A REAL SHIT HOLE/ BUT INTIMIDATING/HOSTILE and HAD REAL CHARACTER . :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:54 pm

I loved the San Siro!! Their coppers shit themselves when we anted out at the end of the game to try and have achat with the Italians who had been throwing stuff over the balcony at us! Funny as feck when part of their banner came down into our fans....just had to grab it and try and pull it down.....but it backfired they pulled me about 10' into the air!! :lol:

Also love alot of the old grounds from the lower leagues Chesterfield, Exeter, Brentford, York etc old fashined grounds with an old fashioned atmosphere! :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:56 pm

only away game to i been is forest a week or so back so yea that answers the question for me :lol:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:59 pm

agree with exeter dange know a few of their lads a good bunch and a nice little ground

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:10 pm

Emirates is probably the nicest stadium in I have been to in England.

Stadium Of Light had a nice atmosphere too. Went to watch them play Chelsea(last game of season) a few years ago when Newcastle got relegated.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:14 pm

Anfield! when the kop in full voice, standing its something special

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:16 pm

Villa Park great old ground. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:18 pm

me and claire had this conversation on the bus to hull yesterday. we were talking about our favourite crap ground and our favourate nice ground

crap ground for me is luton o love that you have to walk through a terraced house to get inside.
nice ground is the emirites but it doesnt feel right with the cinema seats that they have

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:24 pm

the blue path wrote:White hart lane, upton park and goodison park

Good shout. Goodison is tops for atmosphere, just a pity it is so run down and Everton will eventually have to move and I'd have Upton Park as the most atmospheric ground in London - and as for that walk from the tube station past the Queen's pub... WHL can be very very quiet. Ewood Park is a great ground to watch football but atmosphere is non existent.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:26 pm

a horse with no name wrote:me and claire had this conversation on the bus to hull yesterday. we were talking about our favourite crap ground and our favourate nice ground

crap ground for me is luton o love that you have to walk through a terraced house to get inside.
nice ground is the emirites but it doesnt feel right with the cinema seats that they have

You right about Luton, walking through that terraced house was bizzare, my fav ground visited was Wigan, when we played them a few years ago. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:27 pm

Watford, Brizzle and Pompey the worst.

Although I liked how close we were to the pitch and fans at Pompey. Favourite ground visited would be Stamford Bridge. In the Championship, I liked QPR and Nottm Forest. Not the new type of grounds, but enough space and great view. Along with a decent atmosphere.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:29 pm

Highbury. Simples.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:31 pm

eastville must be the shittiest ground ive been to ,and the most horrible police horses :lol:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:32 pm

does going to a ground as a neatral count?

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:33 pm

a horse with no name wrote:me and claire had this conversation on the bus to hull yesterday. we were talking about our favourite crap ground and our favourate nice ground

This thread is like deja vu from yesterday! I said Exeter was my favourite crap ground, and a couple have said that on here!

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:37 pm

Villa Park is my favorite ground I've been to with the city I think. It's like big and modern but with tons of history and old features, love that in a ground. Two of the grounds I really want to do most which I havent are mentioned in this thread, Exeter and Everton. :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:40 pm

worst grounds for me is

a stadium in mechelen (belgium) my old man lived over there with my sister so i went to belgium ever since i was 6 and watched the local team Racing mechelen.
Brewery field (bridgend) i know its local but it could do with some renovation :lol: (nice bar though!)

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:47 pm

Villa Park, very impressed with that stadium.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:51 pm

Tynecastle (Hearts)-great atmosphere

Other favourites are Villa Park, St james Park (both ones!) and Old Trafford

Worst grounds-Watford, Southampton and the wretch field

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:56 pm

dunno why bit always loved going to exeter in the 80's and 90's

in london i'll go for the old Highbury ground

oop north always liked the blackpool weekend trip

midlands i'll pump for wolves

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:58 pm

The old Den and the new den - still give me goosebumps - love it :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:04 pm

Worst grounds, ie crap, Eastville and Somerton Park. Come to think of it, Ashton Gate this season.

Most intimidating, agree with Annis, The Den. On a different scale to anywhere else !

Best, Villa Park, Highbury, despite everything Wembley.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:04 pm

My Fav old ground visited has to be Millwall Old Den and as for new Wembley

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:17 pm

Hereford was always a laugh! felt sorry for the locals when we visited
QPR Tight Ground
Vetch shithole

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:20 pm

I've visited some shit places with Merthyr but my best and worst with Cardiff is:
Best: Chelsea or Wembley
Worst: Brizzle or Boro!

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:32 pm

Favourite ground was Stadio San Nicola in Bari, watching Ireland play them in world cup qualifiers. Utter chaos there, given it was Ireland playing. Even though it has a running track, the atmosphere wasn't lost.

Was very 'eventful' as you can imagine, but all in all the Bari lot were sound as hell. We even went into one of their small cafebar type places, and chatted in broken italian, broken english, and hand gestures for a good 4 hours.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:41 pm

griffin park brentford been there 8 times, on the pitch in 85 (I think ely trendie remembers) loads of pubsand easy to get to.. good day a all round