Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " WHAT CLUBS DO YOU HAVE A SOFT SPOT FOR ? "

Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:53 am

Apart from City nobody really.

Don't have a "2nd team". The big 4 get on my nackers, but enjoy watching Arsenal play when they click.

Respect loads of clubs in the lower divisions who still have decent alnd loyal following especially those who live in shadow of higher league teams, but detest clubs who are no longer in top league saying "we deserve to be there because we have a massive fan base........" yawn yawn yawn.

No club deserves to be anywhere.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:26 am

Cardiff because I was born and bred there. :ayatollah:
Millwall a little as I live close to new den.
Wrexham a little as my dad is a gog.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:41 am

i love the fact loads of us have a soft spot for forfar
could be a forum trip on the cards :lol:

Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:52 am

cardiff

newcastle - friends up there, and next door neighbour travels to every game. used to watch them a couple of times a year.
lost intrest in them when they were up the top of the champ with cardiff and kinda wnated them to lose most weeks.

chasetown i suppose.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:57 am

All the people who said Rangers are a disgrace and should go and support Swansea Town.

Cardiff City FC = Welsh not British!

Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:22 pm

Roath_Bluebird wrote:All the people who said Rangers are a disgrace and should go and support Swansea Town.

Cardiff City FC = Welsh not British!

Cardiff City = Cardiff and surrounding area. Don't put me in with Jacks or the Gogs

Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:34 pm

CARDIFF
NEWPORT
WREXHAM
MORECAMBE

Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:47 pm

Man Utd, my best mate had a Season Ticket for years, been Home and Away with him on numerous occasions....Friends with a few of the Cockney Reds who have been going since the 70's....Top Lads.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:04 pm

Galatasary - The only other place I'd love to have a season ticket.

Rangers - My godfather is a season ticket holder & I'm not a disgrace for it so a pre-empted f**k off for those who think so.

Olympiakos - Have done since a little kid, god knows why.

Wycombe - 1st team I saw CCFC play and liked them since

Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:24 pm

Merthyr Town, my home town.

Everton, saw them a couple of times in the 80's up there, and just got a liking for them.

Bristol Rovers, only because most of my drinking pals support them!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:28 pm

Liverpool - My old man is a fan and introduced me to them in the mid 80's

Tottenham - My missus is a big fan so I have to watch the games with her

Raith Rovers and East Fife - Close friends live in Glenrothes and whenever i'm up that way I take in a game or two!

Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:49 pm

Hofmeister wrote:CELTIC - always liked em
SCHALKE - was born into a Schalke family...
OFFENBACH - hometown club
WREXHAM - fellow Welsh club, know lots of wrecsam lads, good as gold and never had any hassle of em
ALBION ROVERS - gloryhunting... :lol:
always look out for scores of other clubs, mostly the ones I dislike, but some other clubs I just sympathise with for unknown reasons

Blau und Weib, wie lieb ich Dich
Blau und Weib, verlass mich nicht
Blau und Weib ist ja der Himmel nur
Blau und Wieb ist unsere FuBballgamitur

And so on. Come on the Royal Blues.
Miners united, we'll never be defeated

:ayatollah:

Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:05 pm

Apart from Cardiff obviously:

Liverpool because my favourite player at the time went there (Toshack)
Real Sociedad - Spent a year there in when at uni, local girl I met was able to use her Brother's ST's (he was away on military service) so watched every home game.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:01 pm

Forgot to add in Methyr too as my family from my father's side come from there.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:12 pm

baseboy007 wrote:
PtB wrote:
baseboy007 wrote:
FC United of Manchester - Became a share holder 2009 because I respect everything they are trying to do and look forward to seeing them in the football league eventually...owned by its supporters.

What are they trying to do?

Well basically in a nutshell they branched off from Manchester United because they were unhappy about being bought out by the glazers (cant be arsed going into the detail about that) So the supporters started their own club, they have done really well! The club is owned by its fans, any fan can become a shareholder and that in affect gives you a voice...everything is voted on and you get a say. They play their football at Gigg lane (Bury FC) at the moment but have begun sorting out a new stadium for the club on the old grounds of the original Man Utd. They instantly flew up a few leagues but now have spent the last few seasons in the EvoStik League Premier Division, they are currently 7th.

If you like football you will like what it is they are doing regardless of nationality bla bla bla. Ive always admired Barcelona for this same reason but obviously that in Spain not in the UK. Their support is top knotch...iv'e been to a few matches and there has been 8k-9k with singing from start to end and during half time...THIS MY FRIENDS, IS FOOTBALL!!

ava look.

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/home.php

The thing that gets me with this though is that many fans and even one director have came out and said they would return to Old Trafford should the Glazers sell up and vacate the premises, which takes away any credibility that it had.

AFC Wimbledon and Clydebank are run in a very similar fashion, but the people behind them are 100% for their clubs. What happens if thousands go back to watching Man Utd - where will it go from there? I hope that ain't the case, but it's just one concern I have with this particular model.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:18 pm

Cardiff

Dunfermline.

Nobody in England but I used to like Man city just because they're not Man Utd. Went of them when they became mega rich.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:54 pm

Leyton Orient
Southampton
Huddersfield
Hereford
East Fife.

All because I happened to randomly manage them on Football Manager and got attached...

Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:38 pm

Celtic - Been going up sinse a little boy (Local family).
Broussia dortmund - used too watch them when i lived in Germany.
Wrexham - know a few from following Wales going up to Wrexham decent boys.
Rotherham United - one those things :lol: .

Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:44 pm

oh yea 1 more...bradford city - huge admirations for their fans, very loyal.....15k against stockpor county on the weekend despite fighting relegation...the jacks get bout 13k despite being 2nd and could very well clinch promotion

Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:11 pm

Canton Rangers FC :ayatollah:

Oh, and Wales plus AC Milan at a push, but pretty much only because I love the San Siro - don't really follow theri results or owt

Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:49 pm

Hull City because my father is from Hull and i have friends and relatives from there i also lived there for 16 years

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:32 pm

used to be man utd growing up (being misled by my older brother) but that went out the window when they sold my all time fav player schmeichel in 2000!

But for my 2nd team is barcelona :oops: i remember watching sgorio and seeing players like kluivert and overmars and loving how good they were, and i genuinly think the team they have at the moment will be the best footballing team i'll ever see in my life

Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:20 pm

Interesting

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:07 pm

Malaga CF :ayatollah:
Merthyr
Rangers

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:31 pm

I think AFC Wimbledon are a great side, great ideology and a great set of fans to pull through after what they went though as a club. Nothing would please me more for them to be back in the Football League.

http://www.wsc.co.uk/content/view/5886/38/

I remember reading that for the first time in November about them and MK Don's and just thinking that so much of the emotion in that article is what is missing from football nowadays. I know it's contrary to that article's point, but if AFC Wimbledon played MK Dons, the footballing world minus a few thousand MK Dons fans would want one result.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:50 pm

RFMH wrote:I think AFC Wimbledon are a great side, great ideology and a great set of fans to pull through after what they went though as a club. Nothing would please me more for them to be back in the Football League.

http://www.wsc.co.uk/content/view/5886/38/

I remember reading that for the first time in November about them and MK Don's and just thinking that so much of the emotion in that article is what is missing from football nowadays. I know it's contrary to that article's point, but if AFC Wimbledon played MK Dons, the footballing world minus a few thousand MK Dons fans would want one result.

Spot on mate. It was they who spurred us onto what we did up here, albeit on a lesser scale.