Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " WHAT CLUBS DO YOU HAVE A SOFT SPOT FOR ? "

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:01 pm

id like to add Racing Mechelen (belgian team)

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:03 pm

Everton
Exeter
Plymouth

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:09 pm

St Johnstone seen them a couple of times whilst up there and Hirwaun Mackworth in the South Wales amateur league. :D

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:16 pm

llangynwyd rangers
glasgow rangers
ajax
forfar athletic

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:23 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:forfar athletic

I've met a few Cardiff boys who have mentioned Forfar, weird!

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:23 pm

Carmarthen Town, my hometown.

SS Lazio, spend a bit of time in Italy, and have seen them play a quite a bit. Never seen the Rome derby though.

But neither comes close to CCFC !

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:28 pm

CARDIFF CITY
Sligo Rovers - Grew up there, went to practically every home and away match with my parents from the age of 5 to when I moved over here. Legends, and got to meet some very nice and respectful footballers who have gone onto do great things like Steve Cotterill, Lawrie Sanchez etc

Got soft spot for Rangers, they were pure class in the 90's and were a joy to watch.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:32 pm

PtB wrote:

a mate from the rhondda got me intrested in forfar never been there would love to take a trip there :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:34 pm

AFC BOURNEMOUTH.Glad to see them doing well :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:42 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:
PtB wrote:

a mate from the rhondda got me intrested in forfar never been there would love to take a trip there :ayatollah:

Who was it? Lovely briides up there. Was always a cracking day out, on;t think I ever saw us lose there. Couple of old style pubs round the corner from the ground, £1 a vodka and dash, 20p for a game of pool, and that was only a couple of years ago :lol:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:52 pm

PtB wrote:

East Fife 4 Forfar 5

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:54 pm

[quote="tylerdurdenisabluebird"]CARDIFF CITY
Sligo Rovers - Grew up there, went to practically every home and away match with my parents from the age of 5 to when I moved over here. Legends, and got to meet some very nice and respectful footballers who have gone onto do great things like Steve Cotterill, Lawrie Sanchez etc

One of the best books I've ever read about following a football team was about Sligo Rovers - The Red Army by Eamon Sweeney. That book must be twelve years old, if not more. Sweeney is now one of Ireland's most respected sportswriters.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:56 pm

wexford wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:CARDIFF CITY

One of the best books I've ever read about following a football team was about Sligo Rovers - The Red Army by Eamon Sweeney. That book must be twelve years old, if not more. Sweeney is now one of Ireland's most respected sportswriters.

I read that as a young lad (got started on books early haha). Another good one was 'North West frontier' by Conall Collier. It was weird seeing to such excellently written books revolving around people that I would see every day in town and get on very well with

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:08 pm

Barcelona
Llanelli Reds
Chasetown
Swindon Town (80's early 90's)

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:11 pm

i like wrexham, family up there, other than that, none really,,,, any team playing the jacks, and englands opponents :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:28 pm

CARDIFF and only CARDIFF! I love this club and if we get promoted this season it would mean everything to me!

I do look out for how ex-city players are getting on though like rambo last year at arsenal, johnson and jerome at birmingham and also bale and giggs because they are welsh. :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:30 pm

CARDIFF CITY is first by a mile
Luton Town (my dads from there and i always check thier results for him, what happened to that club was tragic)
Bryntirion Athletic :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:33 pm

Shamrock Rovers and Chasetown for me. Had a good drink in Cardiff, and a few came to the pre season games in Ireland.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:39 pm

barca
forfar athletic
boca juniors
st etienne

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:47 pm

PtB wrote:
baseboy007 wrote:
FC United of Manchester - Became a share holder 2009 because I respect everything they are trying to do and look forward to seeing them in the football league eventually...owned by its supporters.

What are they trying to do?

Well basically in a nutshell they branched off from Manchester United because they were unhappy about being bought out by the glazers (cant be arsed going into the detail about that) So the supporters started their own club, they have done really well! The club is owned by its fans, any fan can become a shareholder and that in affect gives you a voice...everything is voted on and you get a say. They play their football at Gigg lane (Bury FC) at the moment but have begun sorting out a new stadium for the club on the old grounds of the original Man Utd. They instantly flew up a few leagues but now have spent the last few seasons in the EvoStik League Premier Division, they are currently 7th.

If you like football you will like what it is they are doing regardless of nationality bla bla bla. Ive always admired Barcelona for this same reason but obviously that in Spain not in the UK. Their support is top knotch...iv'e been to a few matches and there has been 8k-9k with singing from start to end and during half time...THIS MY FRIENDS, IS FOOTBALL!!

ava look.

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/home.php

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:49 pm

Wont be popular but always liked Manu, mainly because of Giggs but also like the way they bring the youth through.

Now chasetown as well

Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:01 pm

CELTIC - always liked em
SCHALKE - was born into a Schalke family...
OFFENBACH - hometown club
WREXHAM - fellow Welsh club, know lots of wrecsam lads, good as gold and never had any hassle of em
ALBION ROVERS - gloryhunting... :lol:
always look out for scores of other clubs, mostly the ones I dislike, but some other clubs I just sympathise with for unknown reasons

Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:32 pm

Cardiff hometown club only club I can support
I follow Crewe as my grandfather (Freddie Jukes) played for them as a part ime player

Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:55 pm

whoever is playing against swansea and forest :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:14 am

Reading because I have a few friends who I've known for over 5 years who support them.

Even if their fans were chanting "gayboy what's the score?" at me when they went 2-1 up in the last minute a month ago. :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:32 am

AC MILAN have a lot of family in Italy and they all follow AC Milan so I follow them.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:11 am

Chasetown :ayatollah:

Carmarthen after our pre season friendlies down there, nice part of the world and know some friends down there anyway.

FC Girondins de Bordeaux.

Barrow.

Tamworth.

Used to be Man City til the became Abu Dhabi FC.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:01 am

tredegar town
merthyr tydfil
newport
afc wimbledon
fc united of manchester

Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:09 am

Cardiff
Spurs

Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:49 am

I have a soft spot for some of the clubs that used to watch while living in the area. These include Newcastle, Darlington, Birmingham City, SV Hamburg, Linfield and finally I'm another Forfar fan as I knew a guy from the Blackwatch who supported them back in the 1980's.