Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " WHAT CLUBS DO YOU HAVE A SOFT SPOT FOR ? "

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:35 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:
BEEP AHM wrote:Ipswich.

I actually went to watch Ipswich play Cardiff as a Ipswich fan. Eric Gates hat trick if I remember. Good old mick mills and co :lol:

I remember that game. :D FA Cup i think

I thought it was 2 nil to Ipswich, are you on about 1978, when they won the Cup ?

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:37 pm

I remember a Gates hat-trick, sure it was 3-0.

Think it was my birthday but i may be wrong with that,

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:46 pm

We had two of these the day we went to Berwick :lol:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:50 pm

Only Cardiff

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:51 pm

cardiff city
spurs
whoever my boy plays keeper for
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:53 pm

Anyone who plays the pikeys/wurzels

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:56 pm

Mansfield town (a lot of family up there ) & Glasgow Rangers (great British club ) :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:58 pm

Tottenham I've got family up there who follow them

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I only like Rangers when they play Celtic :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I have this problem too, don't really give a toss about Scottish football, and can't stand loyalism.. but I find myself loving Rangers when their playing Celtic!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

For me, I have soft spot for Wrexham. Top lads up there who follow Wales away everywhere and are a good bunch. I look out for other teams results too but I don't think that means I have a soft spot for them. :D

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:01 pm

PtB wrote:We had two of these the day we went to Berwick :lol:

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:16 pm

Falkirk as I had a cracking night out there many years ago.

Luton Town for their 1970s kit that was orange shirt with a navy and white stripe and navy shorts with an orange and white stripe that was similar in design to our classic blue with yellow and white stripe from the same era.

Bridgend Town under 9s - never seen so many potentially good footballers in one squad at that age.

Can't stand Middlesborough, old firm and Wigan.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:21 pm

The mighty Bluebirds
Spurs....ever since Peter Sayer's goal!

Sure we had this topic a few weeks ago? :?

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:27 pm

Bournemouth, im here for uni, and enjoying a 2nd promotion push this season, and then next season in the championship when they beat the jacks :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:40 pm

Swansea
Leeds
Bristol City
Man United.

Not really!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:40 pm

Tottenham for me aswell. I watched lineker play for Barcelona in the nou camp at a young age. Dad bought me a lineker number 10 shirt. End of the season he signed for spurs.
I allways look at away teams results after watching them play Cardiff. Dunno why, jusyt like to see. Who scored for them and how they did.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:58 pm

Cardiff :ayatollah:
Chelsea cause my oldman supports them
rangers
linfield

them two because something to do with bluebrothers or sumin my oldman would say or loyalists

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
LutonBluebird wrote:

I actually went to watch Ipswich play Cardiff as a Ipswich fan. Eric Gates hat trick if I remember. Good old mick mills and co :lol:

I thought it was 2 nil to Ipswich, are you on about 1978, when they won the Cup ?

Yep that was the game, def 3-0 though. My first Cardiff game that, and they went on to win the cup. Eric Gates was having bit of banter with fans and ended up showing his arse. Stuck with Ipswich for a bit then become Cardiff. Remember as soon as I get thru the turnstiles running up onto the Bob Bank and looking over to Grange End to see how many away fans were there :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:11 pm

Cardiff

Sheff Wed

Rangers

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:15 pm

cardiff
bridgend town
west ham (dads team)
aston villa (my mother used to watch em)

:ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
LutonBluebird wrote:

Followed Ipswich in the 70s yes it was two nil i was over the moon when the draw was made. :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:25 pm

Swansea

a swamp !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:27 pm

I live in London so I have a soft spot for . . . .

Arsenal, my sons a gooner so I have an interest.

QPR, my local team and all my mates's are R's fans. Bit of a shame at the moment but . . . . .

I, along with QPR fans really dislike (not hate!!!) Chelsea fans cos they are all wankers. And I know loads, hundreds

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:28 pm

Swansea
Newport
Leeds
Bristol

Nah, I'm lieing.

Chasetown, and either Arsenal/Tottenham depending on who's playing (Rambo/Bale).

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:34 pm

Cardiff city......... And if dave jones sorted his policy out lol the only other side I'd support would be a Cardiff city reserve team haha! I'm a valley boy born and bred but I have blue blood and proud Cardiff through and through :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:36 pm

Well....

Merthyr Town,
Chasetown FC :ayatollah: Even enjoying their update on facebook
Nottingham Forest > Now I know your all chanting scab and booooooooo at this point but...My granni rip bought me a forest scarf around 1981and somehow I always associate them with visits to my grannie :ayatollah:
Shamrock Rover > Met a load of their fans on tours and found them to be top lads

and finally a Polish team called Rzeszow where my missus comes from :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:37 pm

Cardiff - Because its my life!
Chelsea - My dad is a lifelong fan and it just rubbed off.
Liverpool - Cos my dad hates them, growing up watching them win everything. lol. My Mrs is scouse and I live there.
Celtic - Not for political reasons, everyone has a favourite old firm team, and that is mine. Got friends from the east end of Glasgow and been to a few old firms..also was in the Celtic end for our friendly with them.
FC United of Manchester - Became a share holder 2009 because I respect everything they are trying to do and look forward to seeing them in the football league eventually...owned by its supporters.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:39 pm

Sheffield Wednesday because I used to have them as my Premiership team as a kid growing up. I also don't mind West Ham because of their fans and I'll never forget how courteous QPR fans were and how Holloway watched us lift the playoff trophy in 2003.

As for lower down most of my soft spots come from Football Manager and they include Bury, AFC Hornchurch, Hayes, Merthyr, Gloucester, Dartford, Bognor Regis and Maldon & Tiptree!

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:48 pm

baseboy007 wrote:
FC United of Manchester - Became a share holder 2009 because I respect everything they are trying to do and look forward to seeing them in the football league eventually...owned by its supporters.

What are they trying to do?

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:54 pm

ABERDEEN
SPURS
Port Talbot Town

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:56 pm

Millwall and Schalke 04 :ayatollah: