Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WHAT CLUBS DO YOU HAVE A SOFT SPOT FOR ? "

Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:46 pm

" WHAT CLUBS DO YOU HAVE A SOFT SPOT FOR ? and WHY ? "

Bury FC, My Grandfather and Mother (Mothers side) born there, Saw Bury play 7 times at Gigg lane,before I First Saw Cardiff play in 1972/73.
Chelsea in the 80's very good friends with their Fans, Not keen on Chelsea since they were promoted to premier.

Merthyr as a Local Club and liked them since the 80's.

Berwick Rangers, Went there with Cardiff pre-Season Friendly,Had a great time there, people really Friendly and the Club went out of their way so much for us, I always look for their Results.

BUT THE REAL and ONLY TEAM FOR ME IS CARDIFF CITY FC THE GREATEST FOOTBALL TEAM THE WORLD HAS EVER KNOWN :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " WHAT CLUBS DO YOU HAVE A SOFT SPOT FOR ? "

Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" WHAT CLUBS DO YOU HAVE A SOFT SPOT FOR ? and WHY ? "

Bury FC, My Grandfather and Mother (Mothers side) born there, Saw Bury play 7 times at Gigg lane,before I First Saw Cardiff play in 1972/73.
Chelsea in the 80's very good friends with their Fans, Not keen on Chelsea since they were promoted to premier.

Berwick Rangers, Went there with Cardiff pre-Season Friendly,Had a great time there, people really Friendly and the Club went out of their way so much for us, I always look for their Results.

BUT THE REAL and ONLY TEAM FOR ME IS CARDIFF CITY FC THE GREATEST FOOTBALL TEAM THE WORLD HAS EVER KNOWN :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

no rangers ?? :o

Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:48 pm

cardiff city
rangers
merthyr
hereford united :?
abercwmboi u14s :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:49 pm

jinks-rct wrote:

I only like Rangers when they play Celtic :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:50 pm

Port Talbot and of late, Chasetown too.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:51 pm

None they are all the enemy, only one team for me :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:52 pm

jinks-rct wrote:

Or NEWPORT CO :)

Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:56 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:

Or NEWPORT CO :)

HATED NEWPORT SINCE 1978.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:58 pm

no rangers ?? :o[/quote]

Or NEWPORT CO :)[/quote]

HATED NEWPORT SINCE 1978.[/quote]
thought somebody said u lived there? :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:00 pm

First scores I'm checking for is Clydebank then City, cos Bankies are 2pm kick off's :lol: Next up it's Aberdeen, being an adopted sheepshagger up here in the far north then usually Sunderland cos my wee mate supports them everywhere.

neathblue85 wrote:no rangers ?? :o

Or NEWPORT CO :)[/quote]

HATED NEWPORT SINCE 1978.[/quote]
thought somebody said u lived there? :ayatollah:[/quote]

No they were mistaken, I live in Cardiff.

Salisbury City & Andover-my local teams.

Stirling Albion-went to a game up there a few years ago. Fans were great with me and my eldest boy.

Hearts-watched them play and beat Celtic a few years ago. Great atmosphere.

I also have a soft spot for Swansea-it's a huge fook off swamp at the bottom of my garden........

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:01 pm

Millwall and Chasetown.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:04 pm

Liverpool and Newport County, but if the City were playing them, there's only one Cardiff City FC. :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:04 pm

Carmarthen Town and Chasetown

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Always had a great time at Berwick, was always an early start and we normally played their supporters prior to a good lunch and bevvy session but bizzarely enough, it was also the scene of one of the biggest barney's we had following The Bankies. The segregation fence had a gate missing and there was never any coppers there. We scored late on in a bad tempered match and it all kicked off. :lol:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:11 pm

Wrexham, i dnt realy know why but i do, and chasetown, even though i dnt follow chasetowns results, they seem to be a good bunch lol

PtB wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Always had a great time at Berwick, was always an early start and we normally played their supporters prior to a good lunch and bevvy session but bizzarely enough, it was also the scene of one of the biggest barney's we had following The Bankies. The segregation fence had a gate missing and there was never any coppers there. We scored late on in a bad tempered match and it all kicked off. :lol:

:ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Great Town to Visit, great drinking place and VERY VERY Friendly :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Like to see Chasetown do well i must admit and Almondsbury Town where i was Born used to be Almondsbury Greenway i used to watch them home and away as a Kid as i wasn't allowed to watch my beloved Cardiff City :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:16 pm

Cardiff
Merthyr
Rangers
Bankies

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:17 pm

I look out for Hereford, Wrexham and Newports results.

I've a soft spot for all of them but that's about it, although I have seen County at Spytty a few times in the past 12 months.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:20 pm

QPR believe it or not, until we play them and most of this season. I watched em play a fair few times when I moved to London in the 90s

Yeah I know, I`ll now be banned by Annis from the board, but u asked. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:21 pm

Barry Town

I remember when my dad took me to see them play Dynamo Kiev (Shevchenko and Rebrov) and FC Porto in the Champions League 2nd qualifying round at Jenner Park.

We beat Porto 3-1 at Home!!!

those were the good days......

but then I was taken to a cardiff city game in and i fell in love with this club..... :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:21 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:Cardiff
Merthyr
Rangers
Bankies

:lol: Twitter freak!!!

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:23 pm

Cardiff
Liverpool/Everton
AFC Wimbledon

That order but Cardiff are way way higher than the others. :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:27 pm

RFMH wrote:Cardiff
Liverpool/Everton
AFC Wimbledon

That order but Cardiff are way way higher than the others. :ayatollah:

Got to admit that I do look out for AFC these days, and I used to have Merthyr on Twitter thanks to that freak Hunt :lol:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:28 pm

Ipswich.

I actually went to watch Ipswich play Cardiff as a Ipswich fan. Eric Gates hat trick if I remember. Good old mick mills and co :lol:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Great Town to Visit, great drinking place and VERY VERY Friendly :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Except when you're kicking seven shades of shit out of each other! Nearly got a nice Rolex out of it as well :lol:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:29 pm

Tottenham! think its fantastic what they have achieved, got a fantastic welsh player aswell in BALE :D . but there is only one team and thats CARDIFF CITY :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D :D

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:33 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:Ipswich.

I actually went to watch Ipswich play Cardiff as a Ipswich fan. Eric Gates hat trick if I remember. Good old mick mills and co :lol:

I remember that game. :D FA Cup i think