Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:31 pm

MARINE STREET BLUES wrote:Men of harlech
onto glory
this will ever be our story
keep this fighting words before ye
welshmen will not yield
la la la lala :ayatollah: easy

Gives me goosebumps! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I don't think people are confident enough with the words! I'm not I've just put that in my phone as a saved mesage.

Be great if Annis could set something up on ths site for top recognised chants!

And another one for potenial new ones!

Re: Why dont we sing Men Of Harlech

Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:32 pm

30-50 of us do in the NINIAN STAND EVERY GAME :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The prob is the so called fans around us just stare at us as though we are Aliens.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:34 pm

ChiChi wrote:
onto glory
welshmen will not yield

I don't think people are confident enough with the words! I'm not I've just put that in my phone as a saved mesage.

I will have a word with Owain :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:36 pm

Hardly any of us know the words.

It would be great if we started singing the words instead of the du du du du duuuu du du duuuuuu.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:45 pm

Annis that would be smashing, and beneficial to loads who come onto this forum. Anything to help get the crowd and atmosphere up in the CCS.

Just an idea, would be class to ask each player what their favourite chant is and do a piece on it! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:02 pm

I agree with the OP that a cut down version of MOH would work but needs to be a little longer than the words suggested because we need the clapping which happens in the middle. The ideal answer would be to follow the way Ali plays it pre-game.

To get it sung stadium wide will need more persistance like with the Chris Burke song which is definately taking off as people around me were asking for the words against Leciester. The Ninian Boys need to keep it up but for f**k sake don't worry about anyone giving dirty looks, it could be for many reasons like indigestion after eating a CCS pie ;)

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:08 pm

Its really not hard to learn the words

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:41 pm

just follow the shortened version with the du du du then clap and the du du bits again and end it with welshmen never yield.a shorter snappier version which anyone could learn and more importantly sing :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ChiChi wrote:
onto glory
welshmen will not yield

I will have a word with Owain :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I'd be willing to set up a little blog site for this, it sounds like a great idea :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Chichi - the favourite player idea is another good one, get on the official website's forum (yes, they do have one, it's crap) and suggest it because the program editor is on there. :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:30-50 of us do in the NINIAN STAND EVERY GAME :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The prob is the so called fans around us just stare at us as though we are Aliens.

To be fair, some of them look like aliens

Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:25 am

Me and my dad were talking about this the other day. Whenever it's played before our home matches, the away fans must think why aren't they singing along and only clapping? I know all the words and I'm only 16. :lol:

This has got to be done. :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:22 am

i sing every single word in the canton before game if we could belt this out during the game it would be epic!!!

Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:59 am

What we need is someone in Welsh guards uniform in front of the Canton end like a band leader, shame he cant have a rifle shoot anyone who dont sing (bloody H&S). :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:55 am

bluebirdrob wrote:What we need is someone in Welsh guards uniform in front of the Canton end like a band leader, shame he cant have a rifle shoot anyone who dont sing (bloody H&S). :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Now and again the forum doesn't half throw up some cracking ideas ;)

Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:24 pm

I remember when they used to show the words on the big screen in Ninian Park (that's how I learned them!), could they not do that again in the CCS?

Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:04 pm

I sing it, it's a great song I can't understand why others won't.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
bluebirdrob wrote:What we need is someone in Welsh guards uniform in front of the Canton end like a band leader, shame he cant have a rifle shoot anyone who dont sing (bloody H&S). :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Now and again the forum doesn't half throw up some cracking ideas ;)

Good idea agreed, but the thought of A WElsh guard bleating out the tune, to one of our most famous battle honours fills me with horror, Don't get me wrong Welsh guards are a fine Welsh Regiment.
But that song was imortAlised "by the film "ZULU"

Battle honour for 24th/foot South Wales Boarderers/ later Royal Regiment of Wales, now proudly carried by 2 Royal welsh.

If you seen the news recently, B Company (Roarkes Drift) just returned from 6mths Afghan tour (Welsh Warriors)

A song all about heart, and demanding every person called to arms, stand shoulder to shoulder, just like the bluebirds, even more so now at the final push, Has one line in the song says,, "THEY SHALL HAVE A RUDE AWKENING, ROUSED BY HARLECH MEN"

Lets get it on i say...

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:56 pm

Get all your mates to check it out and learn the words for the final push :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:07 pm

MARINE STREET BLUES wrote:Get all your mates to check it out and learn the words for the final push :ayatollah:

All my mates were brought up with it, bread an butter type stuff, just trying to lend a hand. Why so bitter fella???

Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:14 pm

not you supercoops

Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:31 pm

MARINE STREET BLUES wrote:not you supercoops

SORRY MATE
i can give the the proper version if you like, not one thats pumped up for the media tv ect...
mother stop your weeping, calm may be your sleeping, you and yours in saftey now The harlech men are keeping.... :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:40 pm

I'd be willing to set up a little blog site for this, it sounds like a great idea :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Chichi - the favourite player idea is another good one, get on the official website's forum (yes, they do have one, it's crap) and suggest it because the program editor is on there. :ayatollah:[/quote]

That would be great, a blog site, if its from this forum suppose it will be known as the nofficial blog site !

I'll see if I can source something reg players, have contacts for a couple of people who may be able to sort something!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:58 am

I know all the words . Let's get this belting out on the coach on Tuesday . The more people that learn it can teach someone else then it would be something this forum can be proud off :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:54 pm

will be fantastic to hear it blasting around the grounds, happy St Davids Day :ayatollah: