Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" End of February update HMP Hewell " Chelsea/Cardiff

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:45 pm

Just back from visiting Hewell prison, nearly got refused entry because I had steel toe capped boots on but eventually was allowed in, I offered to take a leg off but they said it would be ok on this occasion, bloody rules eh!

Anyway my son was a lot happier Today, getting used to the system inside there and adapting to the conditions, he had to stay locked in his cell for 22 hours for a few days but managed to get on an IT course last week and had much more time out of the cell plus he earned £7.50p for attending, he is looking for a job now to pass the time quicker, apparently some of the lads have managed to get jobs recycling rubbish and they get a £10 a week.
We got three visiting orders in one go so I went Today and the family will go next Sunday and the Sunday after, we can virtually visit for one hour every Sunday now until his release 13 weeks. Pete managed to get a game in the 8 a side Block football team...35 minutes each way, with refs and linesmen...his side lost by one goal but it was good for him to get out and get some exercise

He told me that they have good Televisions in the cell and they have more free to view channels now, with ITV 1,2,3 and 4 along with the BBC channels, channel 4 and 5, but boredom is the biggest problem they all face in there.
I asked him about the other lads and he told me that he was still sharing with Steve from Bridgend in Block 3, Stefan and Nathan P (from Cardiff) are in Block 1 and the other 6 are still in Block 2 still sharing are Brett and O’Hara, Jai H and Nat Marshalsea, Rob Connelly and G Green...they rarely all see each other though.
Ten new prisoners have arrived on Peters’ block all from south Wales transferred from the over full Cardiff jail, also some new arrivals are the convicted Oxford United and Cheltenham fans...see link below...some of them are serving two full years before tag, whilst a lot of others involved who pleaded guilty just got suspended sentences...there were a lot of discrepancies in the sentences in that case but they are mostly on the same block now and Peter said they are all tidy lads who had very good jobs and some were also first offenders...there is no problem amongst any of the people on the block they are all getting on fine.

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/ ... ticle.html

If any of you know the lads they would all appreciate letters if you get a chance...my lads name is Peter Corkrey A2127CA and the address is HMP Hewell, Hewell lane, Redditch, Worcestershire B 97 6QS you have to be careful what you write keep it simple and you can also send stamps but not much else, no magazines etc.
Thanks for reading this I like to keep the lads in everyone’s thoughts.

Re: " End of February update HMP Hewell " Chelsea/Cardiff

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:52 pm

Thanks Corky

Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:18 pm

Dont know any of the lads personally

but good to see there all ok and hopefully should be out soon

Thank you for an update at this hard time

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:38 pm

Forgot to mention that my son also believes another 5 of the lads are also in Hewell, but in the opoen prison section...I know Josh is sharing with Shane in a dormitory with about 8 others...Josh was working on the farm but the giant pigs has put him off so his old man reckons he may pull a sicky :) The other three lads believed to be over there are Fredrico, Craig and Sam...I think these 5 maybe allowed home on tag later this month.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:56 pm

thanks for the update cork,glad to hear pete is bearing up well under the circumstances !!!
are we allowed to send books !!!! ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:57 pm

Cheers Corky, Very much appreciated the updates on Fellow City Fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I am writing to Stef from Merthyr as hardly many fans know him.

Really glad things are a bit better for them.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:20 pm

Corky,

Wrote a letter to Shane this week - Undrestand he out on tag in three weeks and is in open section

Its always hard to know what to write and i struggled if honest writing to Shane

Still cant believe how wrong they got the sentences

Thoughts are with you cant imagine what your son you and the family are going through !

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:06 pm

Cheers Corky for the update .
Shanes mate Donkey visited him today, said he's in good spirts considering the circumstances,Shane is being held in the open part of the prison described by Donkey as an old stately home its has a lake and a farm and is surrounded by fields and there are no fences.
Shane is in a dormitory with 7or8 other lads including Josh (Treorchy) and Sam ,he is working in the kitchens and had a game of footie this morning they have access to a gym and pool table and have a tv in there dormitory.
I said in an earlier post that Shane would be released on tag on 21st march but I think this is the date he can apply for a tag.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:35 pm

Cheers corky ill drop your boy a line and some stamps,dont know if you know im charlenes uncle :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Shane is in Hewell tho is he?

Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:57 pm

Yes Shane is in Hewell Block 8 open part of prison

Hello Neil, Charlene said to say Hello.thanks for taking the time to write to him, a few stamps will come in handy.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:15 pm

thanx, nice to hear how the boys are getting on :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:37 am

Corky good to here they are all holding up well!

Can't believe the difference in sentencing for the Oxford lads. They went out of their way to cause trouble yet the majority of those who pleaded guilty got suspended sentences which is what should have happened with our lads who had no option but to defend themselves when attacked by a couple of hundred known hooligans from all over the UK.

WE WANT EQUAL RIGHTS FOR FOOTBALL FANS

Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:01 pm

Quick Question

I want to write a letter to Nathan Marshellsea, get a whip round of responses from all the lads he grew up with in the area

How do i go about doing this?

Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:15 pm

bluebirdrich2k4 wrote:Quick Question

I want to write a letter to Nathan Marshellsea, get a whip round of responses from all the lads he grew up with in the area

Contact Snowy the landlord of the Rose and Crown...he will let you know Nathans' prison number...once you have that...you send the letters to Nathan Marshalsea A?????AC HMP Hewell, Hewell lane, Redditch, Worcestershire B 97 6QS

Cheers Vince, one or two had three years but the vast majority seemed to get suspended sentences not that I would like to see football fans getting long sentencing, its simply a view that there should be consistancy and fairness to all citizens regardless of whether or not they are football fans...none of the Oxford United or Cheltenham fans received banning orders which is correct in my opinion but that should also apply in other incidents but we both know that is not the case.

See you Thursday mate, the Sheffield event will give us a chance to ask a few questions

Are there any fans on here from Yorkshire that would like to join myself , Vince, Gwyn and Cliff Stott at this event please register and we will see you up there

http://www.fsf.org.uk/news/Watching-Foo ... ffield.php

Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:25 pm

corky wrote:
bluebirdrich2k4 wrote:Quick Question

Contact Snowy the landlord of the Rose and Crown...he will let you know Nathans' prison number...once you have that...you send the letters to Nathan Marshalsea A?????AC HMP Hewell, Hewell lane, Redditch, Worcestershire B 97 6QS

Thanks Corky- will getting this done within a couple of days

Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:51 pm

CHEERS ONCE AGAIN Corky :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:01 pm

any idea if you can send in writing paper and envolopes

Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:49 pm

wils wrote:any idea if you can send in writing paper and envolopes

yes you can mate

Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:50 pm

corky wrote:
wils wrote:any idea if you can send in writing paper and envolopes

yes you can mate

Cheers Corky, I was just sending stamps in.