Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A Jack Today!

Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:45 am

I went to pick up the papers from my local shop this morning and the guy behind the counter said to me, "a great win for you yesterday". I said I was really happy with the win as they (meaning Hull) have been on a good run of late.
We were talking about the way the season was going in general when a Jack who I know in passing came into the shop midway through our conversation and chipped in "yeah we were awesome yesterday, we looked every inch a premier league team".
He assumed I was a Jack and started giving it the 'we are really confident of catching QPR and winning the league'
"we took Leeds to the cleaners and it could have been 5 nil by half time, we are the best team in the division by miles and will be in the premier league next season no doubt"
I said well to be honest you didn't look like a premier league team when Cardiff came to the Liberty and smacked your arse's, and you are talking about the Leeds team that we have taken 6 points off this season!
I said "Leeds were awful yesterday and played right into your hands by standing off you and giving you time to pass the ball, I wouldn't get too cocky as there is a long way to go yet and you know what happens to you lot come the end of the season.................your bottle goes and you end up blowing it, fingers crossed the same thing happens to you this season"
He just scurried out of the shop without saying a word!
I passed him in my car shortly afterwards and gave him an ayatollah for good measure.
THE JACK B@STARD!

Re: A Jack Today!

Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:53 am

You should have just punched him in the face.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:55 am

Nah, the best thing to do to them is the :ayatollah: they hate it, it really winds them up!
:D

Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:55 am

RichardBluebird wrote:You should have just punched him in the face.

:lol:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:56 am

RichardBluebird wrote:You should have just punched him in the face.

Simple, yet so effective :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:53 pm

Port Talbot Bluebird wrote:I went to pick up the papers from my local shop this morning and the guy behind the counter said to me, "a great win for you yesterday". I said I was really happy with the win as they (meaning Hull) have been on a good run of late.
We were talking about the way the season was going in general when a Jack who I know in passing came into the shop midway through our conversation and chipped in "yeah we were awesome yesterday, we looked every inch a premier league team".
He assumed I was a Jack and started giving it the 'we are really confident of catching QPR and winning the league'
"we took Leeds to the cleaners and it could have been 5 nil by half time, we are the best team in the division by miles and will be in the premier league next season no doubt"
I said well to be honest you didn't look like a premier league team when Cardiff came to the Liberty and smacked your arse's, and you are talking about the Leeds team that we have taken 6 points off this season!
I said "Leeds were awful yesterday and played right into your hands by standing off you and giving you time to pass the ball, I wouldn't get too cocky as there is a long way to go yet and you know what happens to you lot come the end of the season.................your bottle goes and you end up blowing it, fingers crossed the same thing happens to you this season"
I passed him in my car shortly afterwards and gave him an ayatollah for good measure.
THE JACK B@STARD!

Like Cardiff city at wembley last season? Short memories on some of you!

Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:59 pm

bloo wrote:
Port Talbot Bluebird wrote:I went to pick up the papers from my local shop this morning and the guy behind the counter said to me, "a great win for you yesterday". I said I was really happy with the win as they (meaning Hull) have been on a good run of late.
THE JACK B@STARD!

Like Cardiff city at wembley last season? Short memories on some of you!

Bloo, at least we got there. Bythe way have you played Doncaster yet?