Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Question about loan signings

Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:38 pm

Hi, new here, been reading articles on here for a few months but just decided to make an account.

Anyway, was just wondering about the rules on loan signings. I thought only 5 loan players were allowed in a match-day squad, but I'm pretty sure Leicester had 6 in there's today?

Re: Question about loan signings

Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:44 pm

Loonyhead wrote:Hi, new here, been reading articles on here for a few months but just decided to make an account.

Anyway, was just wondering about the rules on loan signings. I thought only 5 loan players were allowed in a match-day squad, but I'm pretty sure Leicester had 6 in there's today?

Who are the six, only four I can see
Naughton, Van Aanholt,Yakubu, & Mee {a unused sub}

Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:45 pm

Loonyhead wrote:Hi, new here, been reading articles on here for a few months but just decided to make an account.

Sorry duplicated

Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:48 pm

Amazed if 6 played given Leicester only have 5 on loan...

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=1527

Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:48 pm

Yeah it's 5 in a match day squad

Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:00 pm

rontom wrote:

Bruma and Miguel Vitor (who I believe is on loan from Benfica) , unless only domestic loans are included in this rule?

Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:16 pm

Loonyhead wrote:
rontom wrote:

Bruma and Miguel Vitor (who I believe is on loan from Benfica) , unless only domestic loans are included in this rule?

Yes sorry forgot about Bruma who has only just signed on loan, but Vitor signed a 1year loan in 2009, and then signed for Leicester in Sept 2010, so now he is a leicester player

Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:54 pm

and ricardo whitch they have on loan from Betis
so they had Mee,Naughton,Van Aanholt,Yakubu,bruma and Ricardo

Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:06 am

rontom wrote:Yes sorry forgot about Bruma who has only just signed on loan, but Vitor signed a 1year loan in 2009, and then signed for Leicester in Sept 2010, so now he is a leicester player

Ah fair enough, didn't realise they'd made the signing permanent :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:14 am

leicester had 6 loan signings in their match day squad but only 4 played... im gonna look this up now!!!

Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:19 am

this is what i found

47 Temporary Loan Transfers
47.1 The temporary transfer of the registration of a Contract Player shall only be approved for a
defined period and is subject to the conditions of such temporary transfer being known to
the Player and approved by the Board prior to registration with the League.
Temporary loan transfers shall only be accepted on the prescribed form a copy of which
shall also be supplied to The Football Association. The provisions of Regulation 41 shall
not apply to such transfers.
47.2 Temporary loan transfers shall be allowed to or from Clubs in membership of The Football
League, The Premier League, The Scottish Football League, The Scottish Premier League,
The Irish Football League and The FAI National League providing the rules and
Regulations of the respective Leagues so allow.
47.3 There shall be two categories of temporary loan transfers allowed - Short Term Loans and
Long Term Loans. The following restrictions shall apply to both types of loan:
47.3.1 A maximum of 5 loan Players (either Short Term or Long Term) can be named in the
sixteen Players listed on a team sheet for any individual Match. This figure shall
include any additional loan of a goalkeeper approved by the Executive under the
provisions of Regulation 49.
47.3.2 No more than 4 loan Players (either Short Term or Long Term) may join one Club
from another Club in any Season.
48.1 Short Term Loans. Subject to the provisions of Regulation 47.3, Short Term Loan
transfers shall only be approved in accordance with following provisions:
48.1.1 A Club can have up to 8 Players on Short Term Loan during any Season,
but no more than 4 at any one time.
48.1.2 Short Term Loan transfers shall be for a period of not less than 28 days or for more
than 93 days in any one Season. The loan period is inclusive of the start date and
finishing date.
48.1.3 The Short term loan of a goalkeeper may be subject to a recall clause (including
within the original 28 days) but this may only be implemented in exceptional
circumstances with the consent of the Executive.
48.1.4 The Executive shall not permit a Short term loan transfer for a period in excess of
93 days in any one Season save in extenuating circumstances, at the discretion of
the Executive.
48.1.5 Short term loans which subsequently become permanent transfers, or
simultaneously upon termination become Long Term Loans, shall not count against
a Club's quota of Short Term Loans for that season.
48.2 Long Term Loans. Subject to the provisions of Regulation 47.3, Long Term Loan
transfers shall only be approved in accordance with the following provisions:
48.2.1 A Player can only be transferred on a Long Term Loan if he was under the age of
23 on the 30th June prior to the Season in which the Long Term Loan transfer is
intended to take place.
48.2.2 A Club can have up to 4 Players on Long Term Loan at any one time during any
Season.
48.2.3 The registration of a Long Term Loan will only be permitted during the period 1st
July to 31st December in any Season.
48.2.4 The period of a Long Term Loan shall expire no earlier than the end of the Season in
which the Long Term Loan takes place and a Player signed on such a transfer must
complete the loan period and may not be recalled by his original Club at any time
during that loan period save:
a when the Player is recalled and transferred permanently to another Club; and
b in the case of a goalkeeper whose agreement may contain a recall clause which
may only be implemented in exceptional circumstances with the consent
of the Executive.
48.2.5 Long term loan transfers which subsequently become permanent transfers before
31st December in the same season shall not count against a Club's quota of such
Long Term Loans for that season.

with this said leicester had kyle naughton (spurs), patrick van aanholt and jeffrey bruma (chelsea), yakubu (everton) ben mee (man city) and miguel vitor (benfica) included in their match day squad of 18.....

some one get onto the football league points deduction i know!!!!!

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:12 pm

thomas9990 wrote:and ricardo whitch they have on loan from Betis
so they had Mee,Naughton,Van Aanholt,Yakubu,bruma and Ricardo

Ricado is not a loan player he signed for them in january this year after being released by Betis

Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:16 pm

Also - only 4 loan players can be on the pitch at any one time.... :)

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:50 pm

Merlin wrote:Also - only 4 loan players can be on the pitch at any one time.... :)

Mee was a unused substitute

Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:25 am

its beside the point they had 6 in their match day squad....... TAKE SOME POINTS OFF THEM!!!!!

Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:48 pm

ReeseBluebird1927 wrote:its beside the point they had 6 in their match day squad....... TAKE SOME POINTS OFF THEM!!!!!

The point is they only had FIVE in the squad,and played with four, FIVE is the total number of loan players they have altogether.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:39 pm

Merlin wrote:Also - only 4 loan players can be on the pitch at any one time.... :)

Didn't they have 5 on the pitch when they played us?

Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:10 am

i thought vitor was still on loan

Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:02 pm

ReeseBluebird1927 wrote:i thought vitor was still on loan

He became a leicester player august 2011

Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:10 pm

Loonyhead wrote:

Only 4, I dont think Yakubu played

Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:29 pm

rontom wrote:
Loonyhead wrote:

Just rechecked their site yes the 5 were on the pitch at the same time.