Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Disallowed goal

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:22 pm

I Just got back, wondering what the radio commentary said about the disallowed goal in the first half? Looked like it was a back pass from a Hull player too me?

Also Pen or not? Again I thought so.

Anyway great result, hull were really negative, slow and never looked like they wanted to go for the win. We did well in the end to break them down.

Re: Disallowed goal

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:23 pm

The guy watching it for Jeff said we had 3 good shouts for pens

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:25 pm

first one was, very similar to the qpr pen shout at loftus road. Bothroyd did his man about to shoot when he was brought down by Gerrard of all players, had no reason to go down. Chopra had a shout but I think he went down to easy. Not sure what the other one was.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:30 pm

Goal was chopped for offside according to Cardiff City Player.

They also felt both penalty claims were dead certs.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:32 pm

PtB wrote:Goal was chopped for offside according to Cardiff City Player.

yeah I'll have to have a look tonight, it cam off a hull player. They must have deemed it a defection so the offside stood. I thought it was more off a back pass though, the hull player def played the ball.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:34 pm

fox566 wrote:

yeah I'll have to have a look tonight, it cam off a hull player. They must have deemed it a defection so the offside stood. I thought it was more off a back pass though, the hull player def played the ball.

They did think it was a deflection, but he was already in an offside position when the original ball was played. Can never tell from commentary though, hopefully see it on TV tonight to clarify.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:38 pm

PtB wrote:
fox566 wrote:

They did think it was a deflection, but he was already in an offside position when the original ball was played. Can never tell from commentary though, hopefully see it on TV tonight to clarify.

Yeah he was def in an offside position, all depends on whether it was a pass back from the hull player or not.

I think it might have been a slaughter if we got the early goal

Still who cares, great result

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:40 pm

fox566 wrote:
Yeah he was def in an offside position, all depends on whether it was a pass back from the hull player or not.

I think it might have been a slaughter if we got the early goal

Still who cares, great result

Lets keep it going all the way to the promised land!!!