Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I would rather be us and the Jacks than QPR

Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:26 pm

Squeaky bum time for QPR - one loss and the gap is three points. I fancy Leicester to do them.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
With our run in you'd have to fancy us to overtake them.

Re: I would rather be us and the Jacks than QPR

Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:29 pm

Forest and CIty to take top two :o

Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:36 pm

Hahahahahahahahahaha

You've been saying this all season and we're still TOP!!

Let's keep it real yea. Saying you'd rather be 3rd than top & 6 points (7 including GD) clear of you in 3rd makes you look a little bit silly no?

I know where I'd rather be!!

Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:40 pm

3-0 away to Middlesbro doesnt suggest nerves to me but god knows what this league will throw up next! Horribly brilliant. I hate it and love it with all my heart!

Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:40 pm

oh id much rather be in your position :lol:
I have no doubt Swansea will fall apart so i discount them easily. Ive though you would fall away since you beat us at Loftus road but in fairness you havent.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:45 pm

2blue a couple of weeks ago I was starting to get the jitters, but 3 games on we're still top when everyone else is winning. The big talk about Forest hasn't materialised & their is only 12 games to go.

If I was honest for the first time I can say I really fancy us for the title.

You boys are in top form also & I think its all about who gets the 2nd spot now. Jacks I thought would fall away but they just keep on nicking points don't they.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:47 pm

Damned Yank wrote:Squeaky bum time for QPR - one loss and the gap is three points. I fancy Leicester to do them.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
With our run in you'd have to fancy us to overtake them.

I tried being a Leeds fan today but couldn't as I hate them almost as much as the Jacks but I would much rather be in QPR position. No one can doubt they have earned the right to be where they are and lets face it they don't look giving it up easily do they.

Having said that Stan although Derry didn't get booked today it is only a matter of time and you will miss him for 2 games and thats the opportunity for the chasing pack to close. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:54 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Hahahahahahahahahaha

You've been saying this all season and we're still TOP!!

Let's keep it real yea. Saying you'd rather be 3rd than top & 6 points (7 including GD) clear of you in 3rd makes you look a little bit silly no?

I know where I'd rather be!!

Basically Stan, what I'm saying is 6 points ain't enough old son! And I think it will be three shortly. Then the pressure's really on.

Can they handle it? You say yes. I say no.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:56 pm

Castleblue

Good post mate. Well let's be honest here if other teams are depending on Shaun Derry a player who was being slated by fans of other clubs when we signed him to get banned so they can close the gap they must be desperate.

Has done wonders for us this season but when he served a 2 match ban earlier this season we shuffled the team & won both games he was missing from. We are a squad not a 1, 2 , 3 or even 4 man team so to get us off of top spot will take more than a 2 match ban.

20 clean sheets in 34 games is the real reason we are coasting at the top. ;)

Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:58 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:2blue a couple of weeks ago I was starting to get the jitters, but 3 games on we're still top when everyone else is winning. The big talk about Forest hasn't materialised & their is only 12 games to go.

You boys are in top form also & I think its all about who gets the 2nd spot now. Jacks I thought would fall away but they just keep on nicking points don't they.

You should be streaking away with it by now.

In all fairness though, we should be too. Results like the home draw against Palarse, draw against Sheff U and loss to the Swich are costing us now.

That's an easy 7 points that should be in the bag.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:58 pm

I would love a derry type player in our team,QPR can be caught but i can't see it personally
Last edited by Daniel_PT_blues on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:00 pm

Yanky my little petal I was merley responding to your thread title;

I would rather be us and the Jacks than QPR. :lol:

As I say mate been hearing it all year about when we're apparently gonna crumble and it still aint happened. 3 losses all season & the best defence & most potent strike rate. Only off the top spot once all season.

Credit where its due maybe?

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:03 pm

The Swans has a really good run in also,we have to keep up a good run now

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:05 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Yanky my little petal I was merley responding to your thread title;

I would rather be us and the Jacks than QPR. :lol:

As I say mate been hearing it all year about when we're apparently gonna crumble and it still aint happened. 3 losses all season & the best defence & most potent strike rate. Only off the top spot once all season.

Credit where its due maybe?

Stand by the title. I would rather be where we are now, and I'll tell you why: I can guarantee you if we were six points clear it would all have fallen apart by the end of the season! :ayatollah:

The ultimate deciding factor is the manager. Yours is clearly better. But by how much?

It will be tight, and our run in is the better one. Yours isn't bad, but it's how you handle the pressure that will count. If you get the gap to 9 points in the next two weeks then I'll throw in the towel, and you can come back and quote this post. :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:08 pm

I would say points in the bag is always best. QPR look like they are enjoying their football, not feeling any pressure. Yet

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:08 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Castleblue

Good post mate. Well let's be honest here if other teams are depending on Shaun Derry a player who was being slated by fans of other clubs when we signed him to get banned so they can close the gap they must be desperate.

Has done wonders for us this season but when he served a 2 match ban earlier this season we shuffled the team & won both games he was missing from. We are a squad not a 1, 2 , 3 or even 4 man team so to get us off of top spot will take more than a 2 match ban.

20 clean sheets in 34 games is the real reason we are coasting at the top. ;)

Stan I would love to have Derry here I think he is a terrific player but please let me cling to the one hope I have of catching you lot and that is you may drop points when he gets suspended. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:11 pm

NO! :lol:

I will say one thing though their is lots of points to play for & no one is giving up the fight.

The game at the CCS on ST GEORGE'S DAY really is gonna be a biggun the way things are going.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:15 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:NO! :lol:

I will say one thing though their is lots of points to play for & no one is giving up the fight.

The game at the CCS on ST GEORGE'S DAY really is gonna be a biggun the way things are going.

The thing is Stan looking at the fixtures for you guys by the time you get to the CCS you will be promoted if you keep going as you have been. We have a similar run of fixtures and will be looking to hang on to your coat tails and if we can that game at the CCS will be something to watch no doubt, but only if the Championship title is still up for grabs.

As I say I really think you will already be promoted by then - no doubt in my mind. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:21 pm

I sincerely hope so mate we've earned our right so far.

One thing I forgot to mention though & you may be able to answer is, with regards to us possibly losing Derry for a couple of games, we have done this and coped but more importantly how will you cope when you lose Ramsey? He seems to pull your strings & whoever you put in I can't see them being at his level. Who is the natural replacement?

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:25 pm

Its in no-one else s hands but our own! If we win our share then we will be fine, including beating QPR.
They all have tough run ins and will easily spill points, we need to be there to capitalise. Something we haven't done to date, but look at our run and the last 2 results give me massive hope.
As an aside Jacks looks useful today but could easily have been different if Tate had given that pen for handball, and Leeds hit the bar.
QPR also looked good (ok only goal highlights) Routledge fantastic cross outside of his boot, but Boro are really struggling at the mo.
I think Forest could stall.
We have everything to chase - starting next Saturday with a stupid kick off time!
:ayatollah:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:32 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:I sincerely hope so mate we've earned our right so far.

One thing I forgot to mention though & you may be able to answer is, with regards to us possibly losing Derry for a couple of games, we have done this and coped but more importantly how will you cope when you lose Ramsey? He seems to pull your strings & whoever you put in I can't see them being at his level. Who is the natural replacement?

We haven't got a natural replacement for Ramsey in our squad what Championship side would? No doubt we will miss him but in McPhail, Olofinjana and Whittingham I think we have enough to get us over the line.

I actually think that Keinan arriving from Blackpool has been a major factor in our results this past month as 4 cleansheets would have been difficult to imagine for us. We now have a settled back 4 who look difficult to open up and that together with our front players I hope will get us over the line.

Mind you if AW has a rethink and allows Ramsey to stay well I absolutely believe we will get automatic promotion.

Over to you Mr Wenger :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:40 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:2blue a couple of weeks ago I was starting to get the jitters, but 3 games on we're still top when everyone else is winning. The big talk about Forest hasn't materialised & their is only 12 games to go.

Thieving bastards

Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:45 pm

As I said a few weeks ago, a top two spot is ours to throw away.