Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" FRIDAY 25th FEBRUARY 2011 UPDATE "

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:38 pm

Aaron Ramsey returns to Arsenal after tomorrow's match and even though Dave Jones has tried to convince Arsene Wenger to loan him for longer but with a 24hour call back, I understand that despite Aaron enjoying his successful loan spell here he actually wants to go back to Arsenal and try and make an impact on the first team. It has been widely rumoured that there has been no love lost between Jones and Ramsey and I am told that the relationship has not got any better but both manager and player have been very professional and not allowed personal feelings to come into the fray.

Aaron has, I understand, told Wenger of his wish to return to Arsenal but if Wenger instructs Aaron to stay at City for a little while longer then he will but everything I am told says that he will go back to the Emirates. During his time at City, Arsene Wenger called all the shots and it was his decision that Aaron did not play against Forest.

Big news today was that Adam Matthews has signed a pre contract with Celtic on a 4 year deal, I, like many others, am disappointed that another product of our successful academy set up has left the club for next to nothing. The club were desperately trying in January to get a deal done with Celtic which involved both Adam and Glenn Loovens, obviously it didn't happen as celtic were very confident that they would get their man without any need for losing Loovens unless the deal suited them.

I reported that a player ( Adam Matthews ) would be heading North ( Celtic ) in an update I did on January 23rd this year, I decided not to name the player or club as there was a possibility of the club reaching the deal at the time but when it became apparent of the course of the next few days, the name of the player and club were revealed on here.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33922&hilit=+north :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33995&p=314939&hilit=+Matthews#p314939 :ayatollah:

The new scoreboard was put in place at a cost of £12,500 funded by Vincent Tan.

Many of you will be aware of the poster campaign that cost CCFC thousands of pounds to promote on the buses in and around Cardiff. I was surprised to see this campaign knowing that the sales had made a terrific start and had beaten the first ever sales day record and the the first week sales record.

After doing a little investigating I discovered that City had in fact committed to buying these posters way before the campaign started and the reason they done the campaign was that they were very worried because of the damage caused by the previous regime. The thinking was that there would be poor sales but even before the posters sales were record breaking, have city wasted money ? Knowing what I know now then I would say yes but at least they are trying down there and mistakes will be made along the way.

Unfortunately there was a mistake over the Nottingham Forest tickets, various people reported that there were less than 100 tickets available on the Friday prior to the game, as this was information given to them when they collected tickets from the ticket office. I understand that somebody dropped a bit of a clanger and in fact another 300 tickets were sitting on a desk and no-one knew about them until the Saturday morning. I suppose at the end of the day it did not make a difference as the game was not a sell out for away fans anyway but it could easily have become a far more embarrassing situation had the final few tickets been sold.

The reason for the detour that we faced coming out of Nottingham last Saturday was that there had been 2 accidents on the A453 coming out of Nottingham and that in one of the accidents a vehicle had overturned.

There was just the one solitary arrest at the game and that was a Cardiff fan.

There were no arrests made at the Leicester home match and there were only 10 police officer at the game which the club paid for, there was an average of 1 police officer per every 100 fans of Leicester, they brought 1040 to the CCS. So in the last 3 home games the club has only had to pay for the 10 officers at the Leicester home match as both Scunthorpe and Burnley were police free games.

So far we have sold 784 tickets for the Hull game tomorrow.

The final round of fixtures for the Championship season has been brought forward to Saturday May 7th with a 12.45pm Kick off for all games.

This forum is running a bus for Palace away 08/03/11 and we set off from Skewen at 2pm, if you wish to join us then we have 50 spaces with ticket and travel provided viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37479

Also there are 50 spaces available along with tickets for Millwall away on March 19th, there are no sale restrictions on the tickets and there are no travel restrictions either, you can travel as you please but all coaches will link up with police at a specified RV point. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37747

Both games I have received a lot of interest so be quick if you wish to guarantee your self a seat on the coach.

The latest injury news at the club is that Olofinjana has a small tear to the muscle behind the knee and is expected to be out for a short spell.

Chopra was taken off against Leicester because he was feeling the effects of the game on his injured ankle but is fit to start tomorrow.

Jay Bothroyd had the same bug that sidelined Craig Bellamy along with Jason Koumas but all 3 are expected to report fit for tomorrow's game even though Jay was not feeling 100% as of yesterday.

The club have been searching for a keeper to come in on loan as David Marshall needs an operation on his elbow. I am told that he is on the bench because he could play if called upon but only for a limited time , unless he has the operation on his elbow then he could play in the side for a prolonged run of games. The problem City are having is trying to convince a keeper to come here knowing that Heaton is playing exceptionally well and deserves the shirt.

On Thursday the 3rd of March, Gwyn Davies representing this forum is attending a meeting held by the FSF at Hillsborough, Sheffield. The meeting is about how football fans are treated on away trips and at football matches.

"Watching Football Is Not A Crime! is a free Football Supporters' Federation event, hosted by The Guardian’s award-winning writer David Conn. The event gives football fans their chance to put questions to a panel of experts including leading journalists, police and Home Office figures.
Sick of unnecessary police-enforced early KOs?
Fed up of being told to sit down and shut up?
Want your voice to be heard?
Alongside David Conn we are pleased to welcome a great panel featuring: Rachel Barber (UK Football Policing Unit), Francis Beckett (author, broadcaster, journalist), David Bohannan (Home Office Football Unit), and Dr Mark James (researcher in sports law at Salford Law School)."

Thank you to Gwyn Davies for travelling to the event and I am sure you will give your piece of mind regarding how football fans are treated. Gwyn will write up his piece when he returns from the event. I am glad we have supporters like Gwyn who are pro-active.

In yet another mind boggling twist I have learned that the December's players wages were paid for by Michael Isaac and it was to be a short term loan that would be paid back by the Malaysians, as I understand it that money has yet to be paid back, this is the same situation as with Steve Borley, when he paid the wages in August.

PMG I understand are not happy with how things are going at the club at the moment and in particular the dealings with Langston and with the transfer of Adam Matthews. I understand that Adam Matthews was on the players that PMG have mortgaged and their valuation was £4.5million on him. I understand that PMG are not playing ball with the Malaysians and it is causing problems between them.

Sam Hammam is still in talks with TG and VT over the best possible way to settle the Langston debt, talks are still ongoing but progressing very well. Sam and TG are getting on very well and talk regular and discuss many things related to the club and not just Langston.

Sam and TG have become much closer that many people would like to think, I have said in previous updates that Sam has been helping out on certain matters and it appears to me that TG is happy to listen and take advice from Sam Hammam. I know that a position has been offered to Sam within the club, could we soon see the return of Sam Hammam to the club ?

Sam is still very much the character he always has been and when a team needs rallying you can rely on Sam to get it going, Sam has sent this rousing message to the fans.

Sam : " This is THE TIME to rally the troops. This means fans, players, manager and Chairman.

The word is "WE WILL GO UP AS CHAMPIONS."

"The fans should be one heart-sing and cheer even if we are losing or not playing well. We have the easiest run-in we can ask for. Every game is difficult and anyone can beat anyone but playing Palace, Barnsley,Preston etc....... is a damn sight better than playing playing Forest, Norwich, Leeds, Swansea .... etc..

WHO DARES WINS.

IT'S NOT THE SIZE OF THE DOG IN THE FIGHT BUT THE SIZE OF THE FIGHT IN THE DOG.

Damn it we have the size and now we need the FIGHT and be DARING. Dave Jones, Craig Bellamy and Mark Hudson have a big role to play.

THIS IS THE FINAL BATTLE to win the WAR of 2010/2011.

Any fan showing or talking weakness should be castrated or thrown in the Taff ( I mean no extreme measures just strong enough ). Now is the time to Believe.

Dave Jones, Craig Bellamy and Mark Hudson should show leadership and resolve and pass it on to players and fans. For example they should all do the ayatollah ( one of many ideas ). On the pitch they should play like they did at Swansea and Leicester ( especially the way they defended ). If we don't make it then it will be due to too many injuries or due to lack of leadership or balls. We need the never say die attitude.

We've got all the technical ingredients ( the players - the points - an easier run-in than our competitors ).

DO WE HAVE THE BELIEF AND THE UNITY OF PURPOSE ? I believe we do !

Someone though has to take the bull by the horn and guide it. Fans should take the lead and do all they can !! "

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

" WE NEED A CHANGE OF POLICY "
link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37880

Re: STICKY : FEBRUARY FRIDAY 25th 2011 UPDATE

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:44 pm

No new news then about any loan signings??

Thanks for the info Carl.

Bit fed up about Sam now, either come back or not, not bothered either way but its all we've heard about for the last 5 months!!
Last edited by Jenks on Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

another top update :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

PMG valued Adam Matthews at £4.5million .
That's so funny.lol
perhaps they should stick to Rugger :old:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:45 pm

Carl,

Did VT pay the January wages, will they be paying the February wages?

None of this sounds good, cash flow issues, sounds more & more like shit or bust.

Re: STICKY : " FRIDAY 25th FEBRUARY 2011 UPDATE "

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:47 pm

Great update as usual Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:50 pm

any replacement lined up to replace AR carl??? :ayatollah:

Cheers carl, still think we need a descent midfielder in like brown from portsmouth!!

Also the bit about sam hamman got me even more positive for the rest of the season & motivated for the game tomorrow!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers Carl

I'm not to sad about Matthews he didn't appear to be rated by DJ or want to stay here?

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:51 pm

Thanks carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

thaks for the update carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Carl, with no disrespect to the other updates this year, but this one is the best one :D :D :D Cracking mate. What worries me though is the payment of wages :? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:55 pm

Carl, I am FINALLY FEELING POSITIVE, LETS REALLY GET BEHIND OUR CLUB and HOPEFULLY THE PLAYERS SHOW IT BACK with WIN WIN WIN and UP WE GO :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:57 pm

Thanks carl, if sam feels the need to rally the fans, i got a question for him "tell us the truth about black friday and the real truth that is" only then would i consider even entertaining that man. Ive always supported this board, even on ccmb but the more updates we get regarding sam the more it sounds like sam propaganda and its detracting from the main points of the updates. IMO this constant banging of the sam drum is really boring!

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:59 pm

Good update Carl

Bit of a clarion call and why not. We should all be behind everyone, I mean everyone, involved in the club at the moment. Everyone here wants the same outcome, even the snipers. We all have a part to play.

We are going up automatically.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:01 pm

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Thanks carl, if sam feels the need to rally the fans, i got a question for him "tell us the truth about black friday and the real truth that is" only then would i consider even entertaining that man. Ive always supported this board, even on ccmb but the more updates we get regarding sam the more it sounds like sam propaganda and its detracting from the main points of the updates. IMO this constant banging of the sam drum is really boring!

The truth of Black Friday and how Sam was ousted will one day become clear and in Sam's words. That time is not now as there are many dealings to be done and Sam would be very foolish to tell the truth about it now.

The updates, in my opinion, are better for Sam's rallying calls and it is not propaganda but just that Sam is a fan like you and I but unlike you and I Sam has the ability to make people listen and take note.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:02 pm

cheers 4 the info carl much appreciated. One question though, adam rated at 4.5 mil with 200k comin in (reported) who is payin that fee back? An who else is mortgaged an 4 what!

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:02 pm

Ruislip Blue wrote:Good update Carl

Bit of a clarion call and why not. We should all be behind everyone, I mean everyone, involved in the club at the moment. Everyone here wants the same outcome, even the snipers. We all have a part to play.

We are going up automatically.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

good post John :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:04 pm

I value my testicles and I can't swim too well, so I will try and remain positive this season!

Top update Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:07 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I value my testicles and I can't swim too well, so I will try and remain positive this season!

Top update Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol:

Goodone Adam :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Carl, I am FINALLY FEELING POSITIVE, LETS REALLY GET BEHIND OUR CLUB and HOPEFULLY THE PLAYERS SHOW IT BACK with WIN WIN WIN and UP WE GO :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

totally spot on MUCH MORE positivity like this we need Annis :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:24 pm

From Facebook

Jon Scammell
It got me bang up for the remainder of the season...we need him on board to release the authoritive stranglehold on CCS an get the place fukn rockin like it shud be! BLOOOOOOBIRDS!!!

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:27 pm

carlccfc wrote:
IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:Thanks carl, if sam feels the need to rally the fans, i got a question for him "tell us the truth about black friday and the real truth that is" only then would i consider even entertaining that man. Ive always supported this board, even on ccmb but the more updates we get regarding sam the more it sounds like sam propaganda and its detracting from the main points of the updates. IMO this constant banging of the sam drum is really boring!

The truth of Black Friday and how Sam was ousted will one day become clear and in Sam's words. That time is not now as there are many dealings to be done and Sam would be very foolish to tell the truth about it now.

The updates, in my opinion, are better for Sam's rallying calls and it is not propaganda but just that Sam is a fan like you and I but unlike you and I Sam has the ability to make people listen and take note.

At least Sam is Rallying Our Fans in to BACKING OUR CLUB., I DONT SEE ANYONE FROM OUR CLUB EVER DOING THAT NOWADAYS, We have even Asked them to THIS WEEK.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:30 pm

Just to let Everyone know Sams follows every game from any link he can get hold off,I personally get anything up to 5 texts a game with his thoughts of how each game is going on and thats been happening since the day he left.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:45 pm

Cheers Carl, very interesting

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:02 pm

great update carl,great speech by sam,men of harlech this is our time top 2 here we come :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:12 pm

Thanks for the update Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Glad to see that Chops is ok for tomorrow ;)

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:14 pm

Thanks for the update carl but what i cant understand or fear is there is a massive split in the board who really is in charge at the club VT,TG or is sam .
With those words to me he seems to be on the verge of coming back is that going to be good for the club or not.
We seem to be going around in circles on who owes this and who payed that what we need to see is one person take this club forward and take ownership. :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:16 pm

carlccfc wrote:Aaron Ramsey returns to Arsenal after tomorrow's match and even though Dave Jones has tried to convince Arsene Wenger to loan him for longer but with a 24hour call back, I understand that despite Aaron enjoying his successful loan spell here he actually wants to go back to Arsenal and try and make an impact on the first team. It has been widely rumoured that there has been no love lost between Jones and Ramsey and I am told that the relationship has not got any better but both manager and player have been very professional and not allowed personal feelings to come into the fray.

Aaron has, I understand, told Wenger of his wish to return to Arsenal but if Wenger instructs Aaron to stay at City for a little while longer then he will but everything I am told says that he will go back to the Emirates. During his time at City, Arsene Wenger called all the shots and it was his decision that Aaron did not play against Forest.

Big news today was that Adam Matthews has signed a pre contract with Celtic on a 4 year deal, I, like many others, am disappointed that another product of our successful academy set up has left the club for next to nothing. The club were desperately trying in January to get a deal done with Celtic which involved both Adam and Glenn Loovens, obviously it didn't happen as celtic were very confident that they would get their man without any need for losing Loovens unless the deal suited them.

I reported that a player ( Adam Matthews ) would be heading North ( Celtic ) in an update I did on January 23rd this year, I decided not to name the player or club as there was a possibility of the club reaching the deal at the time but when it became apparent of the course of the next few days, the name of the player and club were revealed on here.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33922&hilit=+north :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33995&p=314939&hilit=+Matthews#p314939 :ayatollah:

The new scoreboard was put in place at a cost of £12,500 funded by Vincent Tan.

Many of you will be aware of the poster campaign that cost CCFC thousands of pounds to promote on the buses in and around Cardiff. I was surprised to see this campaign knowing that the sales had made a terrific start and had beaten the first ever sales day record and the the first week sales record.

After doing a little investigating I discovered that City had in fact committed to buying these posters way before the campaign started and the reason they done the campaign was that they were very worried because of the damage caused by the previous regime. The thinking was that there would be poor sales but even before the posters sales were record breaking, have city wasted money ? Knowing what I know now then I would say yes but at least they are trying down there and mistakes will be made along the way.

Unfortunately there was a mistake over the Nottingham Forest tickets, various people reported that there were less than 100 tickets available on the Friday prior to the game, as this was information given to them when they collected tickets from the ticket office. I understand that somebody dropped a bit of a clanger and in fact another 300 tickets were sitting on a desk and no-one knew about them until the Saturday morning. I suppose at the end of the day it did not make a difference as the game was not a sell out for away fans anyway but it could easily have become a far more embarrassing situation had the final few tickets been sold.

The reason for the detour that we faced coming out of Nottingham last Saturday was that there had been 2 accidents on the A453 coming out of Nottingham and that in one of the accidents a vehicle had overturned.

There was just the one solitary arrest at the game and that was a Cardiff fan.

There were no arrests made at the Leicester home match and there were only 10 police officer at the game which the club paid for, there was an average of 1 police officer per every 100 fans of Leicester, they brought 1040 to the CCS. So in the last 3 home games the club has only had to pay for the 10 officers at the Leicester home match as both Scunthorpe and Burnley were police free games.

So far we have sold 784 tickets for the Hull game tomorrow.

The final round of fixtures for the Championship season has been brought forward to Saturday May 7th with a 12.45pm Kick off for all games.

This forum is running a bus for Palace away 08/03/11 and we set off from Skewen at 2pm, if you wish to join us then we have 50 spaces with ticket and travel provided viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37479

Also there are 50 spaces available along with tickets for Millwall away on March 19th, there are no sale restrictions on the tickets and there are no travel restrictions either, you can travel as you please but all coaches will link up with police at a specified RV point. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37747

Both games I have received a lot of interest so be quick if you wish to guarantee your self a seat on the coach.

The latest injury news at the club is that Olofinjana has a small tear to the muscle behind the knee and is expected to be out for a short spell.

Chopra was taken off against Leicester because he was feeling the effects of the game on his injured ankle but is fit to start tomorrow.

Jay Bothroyd had the same bug that sidelined Craig Bellamy along with Jason Koumas but all 3 are expected to report fit for tomorrow's game even though Jay was not feeling 100% as of yesterday.

The club have been searching for a keeper to come in on loan as David Marshall needs an operation on his elbow. I am told that he is on the bench because he could play if called upon but only for a limited time , unless he has the operation on his elbow then he could play in the side for a prolonged run of games. The problem City are having is trying to convince a keeper to come here knowing that Heaton is playing exceptionally well and deserves the shirt.

On Thursday the 3rd of March, Gwyn Davies representing this forum is attending a meeting held by the FSF at Hillsborough, Sheffield. The meeting is about how football fans are treated on away trips and at football matches.

"Watching Football Is Not A Crime! is a free Football Supporters' Federation event, hosted by The Guardian’s award-winning writer David Conn. The event gives football fans their chance to put questions to a panel of experts including leading journalists, police and Home Office figures.
Sick of unnecessary police-enforced early KOs?
Fed up of being told to sit down and shut up?
Want your voice to be heard?
Alongside David Conn we are pleased to welcome a great panel featuring: Rachel Barber (UK Football Policing Unit), Francis Beckett (author, broadcaster, journalist), David Bohannan (Home Office Football Unit), and Dr Mark James (researcher in sports law at Salford Law School)."

Thank you to Gwyn Davies for travelling to the event and I am sure you will give your piece of mind regarding how football fans are treated. Gwyn will write up his piece when he returns from the event. I am glad we have supporters like Gwyn who are pro-active.

In yet another mind boggling twist I have learned that the December's players wages were paid for by Michael Isaac and it was to be a short term loan that would be paid back by the Malaysians, as I understand it that money has yet to be paid back, this is the same situation as with Steve Borley, when he paid the wages in August.

PMG I understand are not happy with how things are going at the club at the moment and in particular the dealings with Langston and with the transfer of Adam Matthews. I understand that Adam Matthews was on the players that PMG have mortgaged and their valuation was £4.5million on him. I understand that PMG are not playing ball with the Malaysians and it is causing problems between them.

Sam Hammam is still in talks with TG and VT over the best possible way to settle the Langston debt, talks are still ongoing but progressing very well. Sam and TG are getting on very well and talk regular and discuss many things related to the club and not just Langston.

Sam and TG have become much closer that many people would like to think, I have said in previous updates that Sam has been helping out on certain matters and it appears to me that TG is happy to listen and take advice from Sam Hammam. I know that a position has been offered to Sam within the club, could we soon see the return of Sam Hammam to the club ?

Sam is still very much the character he always has been and when a team needs rallying you can rely on Sam to get it going, Sam has sent this rousing message to the fans.

Sam : " This is THE TIME to rally the troops. This means fans, players, manager and Chairman.

The word is "WE WILL GO UP AS CHAMPIONS."

"The fans should be one heart-sing and cheer even if we are losing or not playing well. We have the easiest run-in we can ask for. Every game is difficult and anyone can beat anyone but playing Palace, Barnsley,Preston etc....... is a damn sight better than playing playing Forest, Norwich, Leeds, Swansea .... etc..

WHO DARES WINS.

IT'S NOT THE SIZE OF THE DOG IN THE FIGHT BUT THE SIZE OF THE FIGHT IN THE DOG.

Damn it we have the size and now we need the FIGHT and be DARING. Dave Jones, Craig Bellamy and Mark Hudson have a big role to play.

THIS IS THE FINAL BATTLE to win the WAR of 2010/2011.

Any fan showing or talking weakness should be castrated or thrown in the Taff ( I mean no extreme measures just strong enough ). Now is the time to Believe.

Dave Jones, Craig Bellamy and Mark Hudson should show leadership and resolve and pass it on to players and fans. For example they should all do the ayatollah ( one of many ideas ). On the pitch they should play like they did at Swansea and Leicester ( especially the way they defended ). If we don't make it then it will be due to too many injuries or due to lack of leadership or balls. We need the never say die attitude.

We've got all the technical ingredients ( the players - the points - an easier run-in than our competitors ).

DO WE HAVE THE BELIEF AND THE UNITY OF PURPOSE ? I believe we do !

Someone though has to take the bull by the horn and guide it. Fans should take the lead and do all they can !! "

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Carl

Despite attempts to paint a different picture by some , it is not the case that I automatically disagree with what you post.

A lot of what you have posted here is interesting and informative and the kind of stuff to trigger debate and opinions , which is what messageboards should be about.

But I just can`t agree that the stuff posted about Sam and constantly quoting him is not propaganda.Being a bit pedantic , propaganda is defined as "a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community towards some cause or position". That is exactly what Sam is using this board for surely? His "rallying cry" you quote above just cements that view - a further attempt to court popularity with a section of the fan base.

Sam may remain a fan of the club and wish to give his opinion on many things , but are you really saying that the likes of TG and VT actually invite such opinions , or are they merely listening politely to what he says? Lets be fair , his "advice" that you quoted in an earlier post with the Bellamy is a tiger not a rat gibberish is hardly the type of "advice" that a successful businessman would normally seek or seek to take notice of.That`s not having a "snipe" (this boards word of the year) at you as you were merely quoting him but merely expressing my disbelief that someone could take his "advice" seriously if that`s all it entailed.

And what exactly is this position that you say you know Sam has been offered in the club? Who has said he has other than Sam himself and is it a "real" role or just a token titular one with no power or influence just as a sop as part of the Langston negotiations? If he really has been offered a job , why can`t it be disclosed what it is? If those details can`t be disclosed then , by definition , it is just propaganda sorry.

Keith

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:17 pm

The bit about the wages is really worrying. Matthews £4.5 million? For god's sake wake up and start living in the real world. Shows how much PMG know about football!! I just wish you Sam lovers would take off your rose tinted glasses. Yes he did wonders for us in the beginning but so did Rick Wright. I wouldn't want either back thanks very much. They both stepped in when no one else wanted to know us and both saved us at the time. They both took us forward and admittedly Sam took us further than Rick Wright but when you all take off those rose tinted glasses they both shit on us when it came to the crunch. You can say what you like about what PMG (god I hate them) and the Riddler may have or may not have done to Sam but at the hard facts are that he took us within a minutes of administration/insolvency. Get real about Sam. He started the ball rolling to get us where we are now but when it came to the crunch he only cared about Sam Hammam. That is something you Sam lovers refuse to admit and will never accept.