Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Risdales latest interview...............

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:27 pm

Feel sorry for the Plymouth staff and Players but is he getting paid???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 407880.stm

' Plymouth Argyle have no money left, says Peter Ridsdale '

Argyle heading for administration - Ridsdale

Plymouth Argyle's football consultant Peter Ridsdale has said the club have no money left to pay their staff.
The League One crisis club issued a 'notice of intention' to appoint an administrator on Monday.
Ridsdale told BBC Spotlight: "We've had a staff meeting today and have regrettably informed them that they won't be paid as we've run out of cash.
"Finding some cash is what we need to pay the staff and the players and at the moment we haven't got any."
Late payment of wages has been affecting staff at Home Park for some time with the players still awaiting their pay packets for January, meaning they are now two months in arrears.
The club's debts are reported to be in the region of £10m, and Ridsdale has spent the week meeting potential investors in an attempt to find a solution to the crisis.
He continued: "There is a strong possibility that prior to a final conclusion we may well have to go into administration.
"The most important thing is to have the right financial structure for the club in the future and it may well be that the only way of achieving that is a brief period of administration."
The former Leeds and Cardiff City chairman added that despite the perilous position Argyle are currently in, he is confident a solution will be found.
"I wouldn't be here if I wasn't confident," said Ridsdale.
"I want to make sure that when people talk about me in the future they talk about somebody who saved the football club and put the right financial structure in.
"If we are successful in doing that I'll be very pleased."

Re: Risdales latest interview...............

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:29 pm

All the best to them :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:37 pm

No not getting paid, PR working as an advisor. He has now said a West Country Tycoon is interested! Their chairman Stapleton has outraged the fans (my best mate a season ticket holder at Argyle) by going on holiday to Dubai staying in a 5 star hotel during their worst crisis and not being able to pay staff or players.

The parellels here are striking - PR brought in as an advisor to a club where fans have turned on their chairman. Sound familar????

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:45 pm

f**k the riddler is good(what a tw*t he is)

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:48 pm

He must be getting paid in some form, he wouldn't do it for nowt.

Hell mend them, they were well warned, they still jumped into bed with him though.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:54 pm

He will get payment when takeover goes through, if no takeover happens they are in serious trouble. No staff are getting paid.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:56 pm

neeball wrote:He will get payment when takeover goes through, if no takeover happens they are in serious trouble. No staff are getting paid.

They ain't getting paid because he is morelike!

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:09 pm

funny stuff im sure ive listen to him spin a few of the same lines to us lot :lol:
"If i walk away there isnt a solution"
"3 investers are intrested"
lots more spin in that interview what nxt the season ticket scam u watch :lol:

and remeber his CONSULTANCY fee's when he was with us 440k+ he charged the club then put his to-bit firm in to liquidation just after recieveing that off the club the guys a f*cking crook :lol:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:13 pm

He'll be getting expenses I imagine, fuel, cost of living something like that.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:36 pm

They ain't getting paid because he is morelike!

Imagine that. Kit man and tea lady etc not getting paid - but a smart dressed buisness with stories of investment drawing a wage. Wouldn't put it past him.