Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

what can i take for my knees

Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:19 pm

had cartlidge ops on both knees and am suffering with arthritis,take cod liver,but not doing a great deal,anybody recommend anything,its like toothache :( :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: what can i take for my knees

Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:33 pm

Glucosamine

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/ ... percentoff

Think you have to take it with cod liver oil/omega 3. I've heard good things but it is very expensive. Consult in a health food shop/with your GP would be my advice.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:34 pm

Try glucosomine, u can get them from the health shop very good.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:35 pm

I'm taking Ibuprofen 400mg liquid capsules , get em from Lloyds chemist , over the counter , £3.15 for 10 ! Just had a steroid jab so need em for a while, but they do work , and quick , with no side effects for me ! Good luck with em :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:00 pm

cheers guys :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:39 pm

Glucosomine Sulfate works somewhat , although having tried hundreds of suppliments Sierrasil is easily the best product I have ever used for joint pain. It WORKS WELL AND FAST! Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.sierrasil.com

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SIL001/ItemDetail

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:42 pm

Make sure you wear good shock absorbing trainers and if possible good sorbothane heel pads, the shock absorbency will really help your knees, have you had any steroid injections yet, because they can help settle things down and slow down the wear and tear process.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:54 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Make sure you wear good shock absorbing trainers and if possible good sorbothane heel pads, the shock absorbency will really help your knees, have you had any steroid injections yet, because they can help settle things down and slow down the wear and tear process.

no steroids yet,work on the buildings,and funnily have got new boots about 2 months ago and wondering today if they might not be helping :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:56 pm

You probably won't believe a word of this, I'm not sure I do either, but my nan maintains that one of her mates actually sprays WD40 on her knees every morning.

And she says it works! :shock: :? :lol:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:00 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:You probably won't believe a word of this, I'm not sure I do either, but my nan maintains that one of her mates actually sprays WD40 on her knees every morning.

dave your from sheffield,and your nans mate is probably made of steel :D :D :D :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:01 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:You probably won't believe a word of this, I'm not sure I do either, but my nan maintains that one of her mates actually sprays WD40 on her knees every morning.

:? :lol:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:13 pm

krab wrote:

dave your from sheffield,and your nans mate is probably made of steel :D :D :D :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: Loving the logic but it's just Welsh blood for me, I'm only living here! :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:16 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:
krab wrote:

:lol: :lol: Loving the logic but it's just Welsh blood for me, I'm only living here! :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: