Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So Its confirmed!:(

Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:39 pm

Matthews signs four year deal with celtic :( :(

Re: So Its confirmed!:(

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:12 pm

He cannot play for them till after July 1st. so if Dj does not or will not, play him, he will be so unfit with no match practice, serves celtic right, for shafting us.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:16 pm

Igovernor wrote:He cannot play for them till after July 1st. so if Dj does not or will not, play him, he will be so unfit with no match practice, serves celtic right, for shafting us.

That's what pre-seasons for to get your players match fit and up to speed.

We have one of the best training facilities in europe anyway.

How wisely will DJ will spend your 200k?

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:20 pm

How about 4 months no training no reserve games, no matches, its a long time, and celtic will not like that, tough

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:24 pm

Igovernor wrote:How about 4 months no training no reserve games, no matches, its a long time, and celtic will not like that, tough

I can guarantee that he'll at least play reserve football, Maybe even come up and train with celtic if DJ doesn't want him down there.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:26 pm

The Great One wrote:
Igovernor wrote:How about 4 months no training no reserve games, no matches, its a long time, and celtic will not like that, tough

I can guarantee that he'll at least play reserve football, Maybe even come up and train with celtic if DJ doesn't want him down there.

Fact?

We don't have a reserve side, arranging matches on an ad hoc basis...

Train with you? Clue; he's under contract to us until July. He'll only train with you if we agree to it.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:27 pm

quite funny celtic having our rejects :lol: shows how shit scotish football is :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:31 pm

nerd wrote:
The Great One wrote:

Fact?

We don't have a reserve side, arranging matches on an ad hoc basis...

Train with you? Clue; he's under contract to us until July. He'll only train with you if we agree to it.

Yes that's why i said if DJ no longer wants him down there it was the clue in that.

I didn't know there wasn't a reserve side, If he want's to try destroy a player that's his decision, It won't look good for him though.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:32 pm

wez 1927 wrote:quite funny celtic having our rejects :lol: shows how shit scotish football is :ayatollah:

Quite funny how opinions on players change when the move away for nothing eh?

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:34 pm

The Great One wrote:at.

I didn't know there wasn't a reserve side, If he want's to try destroy a player that's his decision, It won't look good for him though.

Jones already publicly blasted Matthews over one mistake leading to a goal in the past.

I don't really think he'd give a shit tbh. We've too many attacking options going forward, Matthews good on the ball, not so good defensively.

Equally, why should he help another club by giving a player who is leaving match time at any level?

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:37 pm

nerd wrote:

Jones already publicly blasted Matthews over one mistake leading to a goal in the past.

I don't really think he'd give a shit tbh. We've too many attacking options going forward, Matthews good on the ball, not so good defensively.

Equally, why should he help another club by giving a player who is leaving match time at any level?

totally agree nerd. scottish league will be fine for mathews haha
Last edited by bluebirds23 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:38 pm

nerd wrote:

Well you guys are paying his wages, so if he's not going to get used would it not make sense to just release him?

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:40 pm

The Great One wrote:
nerd wrote:

Well you guys are paying his wages, so if he's not going to get used would it not make sense to just release him?

Release him, get no compensation...

Equally, even though he'd be 4th choice right back for us at the moment, why release him in case we get a number of injuries / suspensions? Those would be the only circumstances he plays for us again...

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:45 pm

Be funny if he got shit load of abuse off DJ and told he would never play again, then injuries and suspension pile up and they have no other alternative and he tells him to f**k off.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:54 pm

The Great One wrote:Be funny if he got shit load of abuse off DJ and told he would never play again, then injuries and suspension pile up and they have no other alternative and he tells him to f**k off.

I'd very much doubt he'd get shitloads of abuse from Jones. More likely just be ignored.

Matthews tells the club to f**k off? Can't see that happening. He played this season knowing he was leaving. I'd suspect if Matthews did tell the club to f**k off ( incredibly unlikely given everything I've heard is that he's a nice enough bloke ), some of the more senior players would have serious words ie Bellamy...

Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:00 pm

nerd wrote:
The Great One wrote:Be funny if he got shit load of abuse off DJ and told he would never play again, then injuries and suspension pile up and they have no other alternative and he tells him to f**k off.

I'd very much doubt he'd get shitloads of abuse from Jones. More likely just be ignored.

Matthews tells the club to f**k off? Can't see that happening. He played this season knowing he was leaving. I'd suspect if Matthews did tell the club to f**k off ( incredibly unlikely given everything I've heard is that he's a nice enough bloke ), some of the more senior players would have serious words ie Bellamy...

Wouldn't suprise me, DJ isn't know to have great man management qualities

Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:07 pm

Mathews was always overrated. He'd make a good right midfielder but he's poor at defending.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:15 pm

The Great One wrote:
Igovernor wrote:He cannot play for them till after July 1st. so if Dj does not or will not, play him, he will be so unfit with no match practice, serves celtic right, for shafting us.

That's what pre-seasons for to get your players match fit and up to speed.

We have one of the best training facilities in europe anyway.

How wisely will DJ will spend your 200k?

dj will spend the 200k on a "talented" player in league 2 like Taiwo :roll:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:18 pm

It's no big loss, he's only shown shades of potential, he's also had a couple of nightmares. Life goes on.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:42 pm

On Matthews side ... he's young and wants to play and his agent is going to get the best deal for him.

On club side .. offered him a contract,which was turned down , player is young and still developing and unfortunately made some mistakes that DJ has decided he can't afford if he wants to win promotion.

As I have said previously, most probably it would have been better for him to have signed a new contract last summer and then loaned him out to gain experience unfortunately we were not in a position to offer him the new contract then due to the financial issues and then strengthening the squad in August was the priority.

A pity it couldn't have been resolved but hopefully we will be in premier next season and good luck to Matthews.