Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " MATTHEWS TO CELTIC "

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:16 pm

Complete joke that fee

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:28 pm

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:Yet again, Jones has allowed another exciting prospect from City to be eased out of the club. What is it with Jones and youngsters? Clearly he rated Naylor as a better bet for us than Matthews. Crazy! This is yet another decision, in an increasing long line, to make it virtually impossible to have any respect for DJ. Lennon calls him, 'one of the most exciting prospects in the Championship,' whilst Jones is willing to discard him.

StT.

How do you know it's Dave Jones' fault? What I don't get is how a manager can go from the best wheeler dealer in English football to letting all the playing assets walk for free, all virtually overnight. It doesn't make sense.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:42 pm

Berwyn wrote:
Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:Yet again, Jones has allowed another exciting prospect from City to be eased out of the club. What is it with Jones and youngsters? Clearly he rated Naylor as a better bet for us than Matthews. Crazy! This is yet another decision, in an increasing long line, to make it virtually impossible to have any respect for DJ. Lennon calls him, 'one of the most exciting prospects in the Championship,' whilst Jones is willing to discard him.

StT.

How do you know it's Dave Jones' fault? What I don't get is how a manager can go from the best wheeler dealer in English football to letting all the playing assets walk for free, all virtually overnight. It doesn't make sense.

Berwyn, We usually agree on things, but on this, I Blame DJ as well, he is in TOTAL CHARGE DOWN THERE.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:42 pm

For god's sake will you people stop taking every chance you get to have a go at our club. Yes Matthews was not a bad player but a lot of it was hype because we all wanted another star to come through from the Acedamy. Even better that he was rejected by the Jacks. But he wants to go and he us nowhere near ad good as the likes of Earnie or Rambo or even Gunter come to that. Chil out FFS.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:49 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:For god's sake will you people stop taking every chance you get to have a go at our club. Yes Matthews was not a bad player but a lot of it was hype because we all wanted another star to come through from the Acedamy. Even better that he was rejected by the Jacks. But he wants to go and he us nowhere near ad good as the likes of Earnie or Rambo or even Gunter come to that. Chil out FFS.

It doesn't really matter how good or not he is. It also doesn't matter how much he was or wasn't rated at Cardiff. What does matter is other club's rate him and if it's true that there are clubs in the Premier league rate him as well then he must have a value more than the 200k compo fee.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:57 pm

Not being funny but Dave Jones is employed to manage, recruit and sell players - he must do this as he sees fit!! its his decision! Lets be honest Matthews is OK but not great. 200k i think is a good price IMO :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:58 pm

Berwyn wrote:
Citysince1964 wrote:For god's sake will you people stop taking every chance you get to have a go at our club. Yes Matthews was not a bad player but a lot of it was hype because we all wanted another star to come through from the Acedamy. Even better that he was rejected by the Jacks. But he wants to go and he us nowhere near ad good as the likes of Earnie or Rambo or even Gunter come to that. Chil out FFS.

It doesn't really matter how good or not he is. It also doesn't matter how much he was or wasn't rated at Cardiff. What does matter is other club's rate him and if it's true that there are clubs in the Premier league rate him as well then he must have a value more than the 200k compo fee.

It's a fail for DJ either way, if he becomes a top player he will be worth a hell of a lot more than 200k even if he becomes average he will still be worth more than 200k

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:22 pm

earnieblue wrote:Complete joke that fee

It isn't a fee... it's training / development cost compensation...

Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:56 am

Forever Blue wrote:
POOLERBLUE wrote:Scandal, that we let this guy go.

£200,000 is a joke. Whats the point of having an acadamy when we just let players leave for peanuts.

Was never given a proper chance.

Certain individuals at the club need to have a long hard look at themselves for the way Adams career has been handled. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sadly, I could not agree more with those comments. You would of thought we would of learnt our lesson after the Ledley Fiasco.

Annis, call me cynical but it there a link with the Ledley saga?? (Agent, mates, Jonesy, etc)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:52 am

Sven Ghali wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
POOLERBLUE wrote:Scandal, that we let this guy go.

£200,000 is a joke. Whats the point of having an acadamy when we just let players leave for peanuts.

Was never given a proper chance.

Certain individuals at the club need to have a long hard look at themselves for the way Adams career has been handled. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sadly, I could not agree more with those comments. You would of thought we would of learnt our lesson after the Ledley Fiasco.

Annis, call me cynical but it there a link with the Ledley saga?? (Agent, mates, Jonesy, etc)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sven, Carl and I were all talking about that the other day, there is def a link. and its not looking good as our players are being stolen away in my opinion by greedy agents.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Sven, Carl and I were all talking about that the other day, there is def a link. and its not looking good as our players are being stolen away in my opinion by greedy agents.

Can't solely blame the agents.

Matthews case for example, blamed publicly by manager, barely played, contract not offered when due.

Look at Jay as another example - greedy agent or purely down to jay?

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:04 am

nerd wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Sven, Carl and I were all talking about that the other day, there is def a link. and its not looking good as our players are being stolen away in my opinion by greedy agents.

Can't solely blame the agents.

Matthews case for example, blamed publicly by manager, barely played, contract not offered when due.

Look at Jay as another example - greedy agent or purely down to jay?

Jay, I believe, is one to make his own mind up and wants to stay with Cardiff, as he appreciates what the club (and Dave Jones specifically) have done for him

However, he has decided to wait until the end of the season to see where WE are, what is on offer WHEN we go up or what other teams are prepared to do to get him....

Judging by the lack of 'real' interest in January I suspect he will be here for a while....and that is good IMO

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: