Re: " MATTHEWS TO CELTIC "

Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:02 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Bowmonster wrote:
Bowmonster wrote:When are you going down next Tony :ayatollah:
It will be good to see you. :D

Is that picture of you and Chops outside your bookies :lol:

NO COMMENT....Lee ;)

What my Hero does off the pitch is up to him ;) Long may his work rate and Goals contiue for us :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Not sure about the next game,but will keep in touch here and with Wes. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good luck to Adam,another young gone before getting a real chance.

Cheers Tony :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:07 pm

nerd wrote:
The Great One wrote:
nerd wrote:Hmm, tribal football aren't exactly the most reliable news source tbh - when our sources confirm it, then it's fact.

The Sun a good enough source?

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol ... erkid.html

Read tribal football. Read that article..

One is a retread of another.

Plus, you know, it's the Sun. Fact checking hardly their forte.

Cardiff "insiders" revealed it super duper exclusively to one or other of those "sources". I'd suspect Carl et al would have got wind of it before them, eh?

Maybe, maybe not.

Celtic are sneaky when getting players for pennies, look at ben hutchinson we signed him on a pre-contract and it was in the media before middlesborough knew anything about it.

Shite player but that's not the point.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:07 pm

Oh is this official enough for you

http://www.celticfc.net/newsstory?item=739

:lol:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:15 pm

Join up with Joe Ledley who has turned out to be a great signing this season !! So why do Hoops fans call him Ledlegs ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:It was put out on This Site 2 Months ago by

Milly, Carl and Myself Hmm

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ ... ws-1472901

At least he would be played to his full potential.

:cry: :cry: JOKE

Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:28 pm

Just said on Sky Sports too, Mathews gone.

Quite sad really, another prospect gone.

Good luck Mathews. :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:33 pm

Why do Cardiff not tie their "hot Prospects" down on long term deals?

A wee something i whipped up.

Mouse is fucked thats why the crosshairs squiggly as Matthews signature on our contract.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:46 pm

To be fair Adam has been very poor in the games he has had and did fail to impress and you cant blame anyone but Adam for that. Disappointed in him after the great start he made but the right move for club and player I think. All the best Adam see you in a Wales shirt very soon :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:47 pm

We have no dirty secret on you - you just owe us big time for selling us Loovens!!!! :lol:

I've never heard of this kid, but it seems from a wee look over this forum that opinion amongst you guys is pretty split on him. Hopefully he'll become a decent player for Celtic in the future, but if he hasn't shown that he can cut it for Cardiff to date, then you can't really expect clubs to splash out big money for a young guy who is nothing more than 'potential'. At the end of the day he might not even get near the Celtic first team. You only really know for sure what these kids are worth once they have proved that they can hack it.

Still, you would imagine Cardiff will have insisted on some sort of clause for further payments depending on appearances etc.

By the way re Ledley:

Up until the New Year he was commonly referred to as "The Ghost" by large sections of our support, due to his ability to play for 90 minutes without anyone realising he was actually on the park:lol: However in the last 8 weeks or so, he seems to have settled in and the majority of Celtic fans are now quietly pleased with him. I'd only seen him a few times for Cardiff, but from what I had seen I'd hoped he would have been more of an attacking midfielder for us, maybe contributing 8-12 goals a season, which doesn't seem to be the case, but still; he works hard and pulls his weight without being spectacular.

All the best for the rest of the season.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:09 pm

Anybody with a trained football eye could see how Adam could play. Very composed and comfortable on the ball. Adam could pass and move and play triangles. The most accomplished player on the ball in defence and did not revert to hoofball. He could look up and pass a ball unlike certain other defenders. The manager with his stupid comments did not help his progress this season.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:13 pm

He cannot play for them till after July 1st. so if Dj does not or will not, play him, he will be so unfit with no match practice, serves celtic right, for shafting us.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:19 pm

Igovernor wrote:He cannot play for them till after July 1st. so if Dj does not or will not, play him, he will be so unfit with no match practice, serves celtic right, for shafting us.

Talk about shafting teams, you guys were late and struggle to pay motherwell who were in dire straights for a player.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:21 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:22 pm

The Great One wrote:Oh is this official enough for you

http://www.celticfc.net/newsstory?item=739

:lol:

Yup, that's a better source. Tribal football is quite frankly utter gash.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:23 pm

Terrible but you could see it coming. Hasn't Matthews got the same agent as Ledley?

Doesn't suprise me at all. Gutted about it too as Matthews is good, too good for that mob

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:25 pm

The Great One wrote:
Igovernor wrote:He cannot play for them till after July 1st. so if Dj does not or will not, play him, he will be so unfit with no match practice, serves celtic right, for shafting us.

Talk about shafting teams, you guys were late and struggle to pay motherwell who were in dire straights for a player.

Remind us how many people Motherwell shafted in the past under that chairman? Indeed, Motherwell may well have been in dire straits, that would have been due to the chairman who previously took them into admin... a shifty, sweaty ginger Jock ready to whine to Sky...

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:26 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:Terrible but you could see it coming. Hasn't Matthews got the same agent as Ledley?

Doesn't suprise me at all. Gutted about it too as Matthews is good, too good for that mob

That mob top the league your beloved rangers play in, we destroyed you last week and the week before we had 70% of the possession with 10 men against your 11.

Where else would he have went? Stoke?

Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:33 pm

I thought he has his sat nav set for Old Trafford :old:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:12 pm

oh great you lot know what this means....loovens is coming back :shock:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:46 pm

mathews has gone on a pre-contract deal, 200k compo for him
so there will be no add on clauses just the compo

cardiff offered him a new deal but turned it dwn, hes got the same agent as ledley so not suprising
http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 20,00.html

yes hes got potential but hasnt shown it this year when hes played, so why every1 is having a go at DJ i dont know because now we actually have a squad & if someone isnt doing their job they dont play simple we moan enough wen he doesnt drop players that r playin badly so whats the problem??
& he obviously doesnt want to be here otherwise he would of signed the deal, so all the best to adam mathews in a shit league

Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:59 pm

does that mean I can call him a jack b*stard now?? :D :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:08 pm

nerd wrote:
The Great One wrote:
nerd wrote:Hmm, tribal football aren't exactly the most reliable news source tbh - when our sources confirm it, then it's fact.

The Sun a good enough source?

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol ... erkid.html

Read tribal football. Read that article..

One is a retread of another.

Plus, you know, it's the Sun. Fact checking hardly their forte.

Cardiff "insiders" revealed it super duper exclusively to one or other of those "sources". I'd suspect Carl et al would have got wind of it before them, eh?

Indeed I did and this was said in an update I did on January 23rd

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33922&p=314269#p314269

The player was Loovens they were chasing but Celtic were confident they would get Adam for peanuts without having to give Loovens.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:20 pm

carlccfc wrote:[
Indeed I did and this was said in an update I did on January 23rd

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33922&p=314269#p314269

The player was Loovens they were chasing but Celtic were confident they would get Adam for peanuts without having to give Loovens.

Agree, Carl, I was well aware you'd posted it before today. My point was more relating to official confirmation of it happening...

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:35 pm

Yet again, Jones has allowed another exciting prospect from City to be eased out of the club. What is it with Jones and youngsters? Clearly he rated Naylor as a better bet for us than Matthews. Crazy! This is yet another decision, in an increasing long line, to make it virtually impossible to have any respect for DJ. Lennon calls him, 'one of the most exciting prospects in the Championship,' whilst Jones is willing to discard him.

StT.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:37 pm

What a scandalous waste of a good young player. The throw alone is a secret weapon
just waiting to be used (Legge, Bobby Woodruff, Delap).

Criminal that we aren't getting a fee or even a sell on clause?Have we lost
our marbles? In the right hands young Adam will flourish.

Hang your heads in shame City...We sign Naylor and get shot of Matthews?!

Really BAD BAD management.

Anther young gun getting away :(

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:59 pm

Disappointed by this, not because i assumed he was going to turn in to the next Bale, but he was most certainly good enough to be within our squad and is no worse than Quinn and most certainly a better player than Naylor. Reading the BBC article and DJs comments are a bit over the top looking back at it, i agree with his statement but the way he has spoken about the player is unnecessary to say the least. Adam was a very good prospect and well deserved of an opportunity this season, and if not def should have been sent out on loan to regain his confidence/gametime etc.

Where has this figure of £200,000 come from? Speaking of which do we know how much we/are getting for Ledley then, or did i miss it?

Unfortunate, but we'll get over it, as many have said he's barely figured at all lately and when he has he hasn't set the place on fire, and we've done ok without him? I would have raised more of an eyebrow if Keinan hadn't have been brought in etc but im sure we'll do fine without him and as long as we get a decent fee for it then there we are. Just imagine it was Bothroyd or Burke that had signed a pre-contract - that would have been far more worrying!! :shock:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:01 pm

He done it with ramsey dropped him for the bench/stands b4 he even signed for arsenal many times yet look what hes turned out to be then theres matthews we seen more of him in the stands not even on the bench at some games its madness and now hes gone makes u wonder wtf dj is playing at sometimes like lennon said he's "one of the best youngsters in championship" yet he rotts at ares somethings not rite and then theres the famous quote from dj "its the lads fault hes young and needs to learn" ..yet he played naylor for 7games and was clearly the worst and weakest point on the park and nothing got said whats that all about,matthews played one game got slated in the media by dj no fucker has seen him since :?

Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:56 pm

Potential -thats all he had.

He is the third best right back at a Championship side. Actually, could be 4th best if you put him behind Blake as well as Naughts and Quinn (on his recent form).

Celtic have taken a £200,000 gamble that he MIGHT be another Gareth Bale. He was never going to play for us this year and definitely not Premier League class at present. Therefore a very shrewd deal by the club.

And his agent, of course.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:59 pm

wigstar wrote:What a scandalous waste of a good young player. The throw alone is a secret weapon
just waiting to be used (Legge, Bobby Woodruff, Delap).

Criminal that we aren't getting a fee or even a sell on clause?Have we lost
our marbles? In the right hands young Adam will flourish.

Hang your heads in shame City...We sign Naylor and get shot of Matthews?!

Really BAD BAD management.

Anther young gun getting away :(

Naylor has a long throw aswell but nobody likes him (unfairly for much of the time). Matthews will never play in the Premier League.

his agent must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Celtic can't afford Premier League players so have to gsamble on Championship players.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:01 pm

Unfairly ???? How many points has Naylor cost us this season ?