Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" MATTHEWS TO CELTIC "

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:16 am

It was put out on This Site 2 Months ago by

Milly, Carl and Myself Hmm

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ ... ws-1472901

At least he would be played to his full potential.

Re: " MATTHEWS TO CELTIC "

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:40 am

Scandal, that we let this guy go.

£200,000 is a joke. Whats the point of having an acadamy when we just let players leave for peanuts.

Was never given a proper chance.

Certain individuals at the club need to have a long hard look at themselves for the way Adams career has been handled. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:43 am

POOLERBLUE wrote:Scandal, that we let this guy go.

£200,000 is a joke. Whats the point of having an acadamy when we just let players leave for peanuts.

Certain individuals at the club need to have a long hard look at themselves for the way Adams career has been handled. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sadly, I could not agree more with those comments. You would of thought we would of learnt our lesson after the Ledley Fiasco.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:56 am

Or maybe he just hasn't gou "it".

I've seen most of Matthews minutes in a City shirt, and I can't say I've been bowled over, bar 2 or 3 runs down the wing.

I'm not sure how many people here see him training week in week out & can confirm he's actually a world class full back, but all I've seen is possible potential.

Maybe the club have learnt their lesson but not from Ledley but from the players they've offered contracts to, Taiwo, Commingues etc who signed contracts but weren't able to cut the mustard.

Only time will tell.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:56 am

f*cking Hell :twisted:

Have Celtic got a dirty secret on us or something? We are getting like a feeder club to them. £200k????????????
The club needs to make a statement and explain their f*cking actions about this.

CCFC never fail to astound me :evil:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:57 am

Absolute joke
Our club is meant to be on the way up and we are selling our hot prospects for next to nothing.......cant understand

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:21 am

Same old, same old. Will the club ever learn :evil:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:35 am

Spot on mate. Matthews, albeit an inexperienced right back had a chance to learn his trade when we had injuries this season and last but was shunned. I am gutted he's leaving because attacking he was a quality player and sadly I don't think Celtic are going to make him a better player either. :(

Good luck Adam. :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:41 am

McCormack went to Leeds because he lost it with us. He has not eaxctly done much there. Matthews has gone the same way as Ross, from a multi million pound player to peanuts. Personally I cant see him doing much at Celtic from what I have seen of him lately.

Two different types of players who have fallen to the wayside for different reasons.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:58 am

Bakedalasker wrote:McCormack went to Leeds because he lost it with us. He has not eaxctly done much there. Matthews has gone the same way as Ross, from a multi million pound player to peanuts. Personally I cant see him doing much at Celtic from what I have seen of him lately.

Two different types of players who have fallen to the wayside for different reasons.

spot on baker

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:11 am

Was the guy really a multi-million pound talent,,,or was that Mr Ridsdales spin? I don't know, but i do know that, in hindsight, we should have sold Joe Ledley to Stoke when we had the chance, & selling Ross has turned out the right thing to do. You win some, you lose some.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:18 am

sorry i could'nt care less.
he's a legend in his own mind.
not in rambo's league

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:33 am

It seems we've "stolen" another player from you guys, Heard a lot about the young matthews seems a fantastic prospect.

What are your honest thoughts on the guy? Without being blinded by the fact that he's jumped ship. Apparantley Man Utd sent scouts out to look at him this season so that seems quite welcoming, Maybe he asked Bellamy what celtic was like and he sold us onto him.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:36 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Sadly, I could not agree more with those comments. You would of thought we would of learnt our lesson after the Ledley Fiasco.

POOLERBLUE - Agree with your post 100%.

Annis - i remember us talking about this when first this was mention on this Messageboard ;)
I said late last night,that the next 7-10 days would be interesting..... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:52 am

The Great One wrote:It seems we've "stolen" another player from you guys, Heard a lot about the young matthews seems a fantastic prospect.

What are your honest thoughts on the guy? Without being blinded by the fact that he's jumped ship. Apparantley Man Utd sent scouts out to look at him this season so that seems quite welcoming, Maybe he asked Bellamy what celtic was like and he sold us onto him.

How do you rate Ledley then? Has he set the SPL on fire??

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:57 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:
The Great One wrote:It seems we've "stolen" another player from you guys, Heard a lot about the young matthews seems a fantastic prospect.

How do you rate Ledley then? Has he set the SPL on fire??

Ledleys not set the spl on fire, he has been very consistent though.

Very rarely loses the ball, covers great for our left back and works at 100% every game. He should probably score more goals but i'm quite happy with the way he's been performing.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:01 am

Of the two, i think Ledley was the biggest "steal". Matthews has a lot to learn & prove,,, but time is on his side. Best of luck to him.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:12 am

His agent would have played a big part in this move. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Celtic get to have Leadley and Matthews from us now...Same agent i think.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:21 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:

Tony you have a pm :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:25 am

Good luck Adam, Never showed your full potential here as Mr Jones would not play you :evil: .Good luck for the rest of your career. :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:26 am

Annis, have we got a sell on clause on matthews?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:26 am

Bowmonster wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

Tony you have a pm :ayatollah:

I think i know what you are going to ask me....Wes said you were on here,the last time we had a beer was at the PNE game?

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:31 am

When are you going down next Tony :ayatollah:
It will be good to see you. :D

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:33 am

Bowmonster wrote:When are you going down next Tony :ayatollah:

Is that picture of you and Chops outside your bookies :lol:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:36 am

Its an absolute joke i really rate Matthews but he has been screwed by Jones (Pardon the pun :lol: ) The sad thing is if we don't go up Jones will be gone and we would need Matthews. Matthews is a winger not a defender i am sorry the way our club is run is a joke :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:36 am

This annoys me so much! What a joke! Why dont we just shut down the academy and not bother? if a player of Matthews obvious talents cant be given a go and feel wanted then whats the point!!! :evil:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:40 am

Hmm, tribal football aren't exactly the most reliable news source tbh - when our sources confirm it, then it's fact.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:47 am

Bowmonster wrote:
Bowmonster wrote:When are you going down next Tony :ayatollah:

Is that picture of you and Chops outside your bookies :lol:

NO COMMENT....Lee ;)

What my Hero does off the pitch is up to him ;) Long may his work rate and Goals contiue for us :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Not sure about the next game,but will keep in touch here and with Wes. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good luck to Adam,another young gone before getting a real chance.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:53 am

nerd wrote:Hmm, tribal football aren't exactly the most reliable news source tbh - when our sources confirm it, then it's fact.

The Sun a good enough source?

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol ... erkid.html

Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:02 pm

The Great One wrote:
nerd wrote:Hmm, tribal football aren't exactly the most reliable news source tbh - when our sources confirm it, then it's fact.

The Sun a good enough source?

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol ... erkid.html

Read tribal football. Read that article..

One is a retread of another.

Plus, you know, it's the Sun. Fact checking hardly their forte.

Cardiff "insiders" revealed it super duper exclusively to one or other of those "sources". I'd suspect Carl et al would have got wind of it before them, eh?