Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Chelsea V Cardiff Judicary Farce "

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:22 am

Hi guys,

I hope you don't mind me infiltrating your site. I came across it by chance. I have followed Chelsea for 3 decades and have witnessed plenty in that time from our supporters. I was saddened to read about the sentences metted out to some of your supporters for seemingly very little last February. No doubt many of our own will suffer the same fate as the law deals with 95 cases.

What gauls me most is the inconsistent way in which football supporters are treated. If you saw a plastic cone thrown outside a pub from within a group on a normal Friday night, the pepetrator if apprehended, would get a ticking off from the policeman or at worst a caution. 16 months is utterly ridiculous, and from what I have read on your forum, some of the individuals jailed were first time offenders. I have the utmost sympathy for the individuals and their families and empathise with what they must be going through and what the impact on some of these young men's futures will be.

3 or 4 years ago after an FA Cup tie between Chelsea and Tottenham, dozens of supporters from both teams met up outside a pub in Parsons Green. The fight had been pre-arranged and involved knives, bottles, Ice hockey sticks, studded baseball bats, chains and various other lethal implements. Over half a dozen supporters were hospitalised and 50 odd arrested. When the dust settled, only 2 men were sent for sentencing, one from each mob. They both received suspended jail terms. Puts this case in perspective really doesn't it ?

Jason Marriner from what I know of him is exactly what he describes himself as....A bit of a nuisance. He is regarded as a bit of a laughing stock at Chelsea as his mouth appears to have got himself in more trouble than his fists. He was undoubtedly fitted up by the Met and Donal MacIntyre, and seeing him on the video in his poor disguise doing little or nothing on the King's Road, actually made me feel sorry for him in the knowledge that he is likely to receive 5 years on March 25th.

The law applied is unbalanced, unfair and inconsistent. I believe the respective Police forces took their opportunity when the game came up (knowing the notoriety of both sets of fans and the years that have elapsed since they last met) to make an example of offenders caught and dark forces have evidently been at work here.

I don't condone what went on last Feb, but in times when prisons are overcrowded, prisoners are being released early to save taxpayers money, these sentences are an absolute outrage and my sympathies go out to those caught up in this warped and incomprehensible judiciary system.

Re: Chelsea V Cardiff Judicary Farce

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:26 am

Good post mate. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:39 am

spot on. these guys are doing the time for other peoples crimes in my opinion

Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:45 am

no mentions of arrests after Sheff U v Millwall or after the goings at at Millwall v Boro last weekend , consistency comes to mind here . Or not ............. the OB need to sort themselves out .

Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:46 am

very good post, thanks for joining hope th hear more from you :ayatollah:

Re: " Chelsea V Cardiff Judicary Farce "

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:10 am

A Very Good and True Post, Spot on :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:05 am

your lads have gone to prison for jestures,swearing and bouncing up and down on the spot

have a look at this verdict and tell me if you think justice has been done compared to how Cardiff/chelsea lads have been treated?:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... t-200.html

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:23 am

Justice system is a joke, serious crimes at the moment seem to get minor sentences and minor offences seem to get serious sentences.

I though Ken Clark said less people should be sent to prison.

My mate recently got 26 months for graffiti on some trains, 26 months for fycking graffiti!
Another was remanded for shoplifiting a jacket from House of Fraser as he was supposedly wanted for a unpaid bus fine, he's been there almost 2 months now.

Sick joke :evil:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:14 am

Very good post mate and yes very true. :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:36 pm

I must say, and do understand both Cardiff City FC and Chelsea FC priorities are BIZNESSSS then football, But in scenarios such as these unfair and unjust sentences should be showing some form of support to both sets of Fans than the what seem's to be no interest from either Club, and personally im not impressed with either Club, Its not as if there had been any news breaking accounts serious injuries or disturbences etc etc, Both Clubs must realize that They have a ok (Not Duty) may'be concern to the treatment of they're Supporters. Otherwise all sorts of supporters OAP's to to the Boy's could end up infront of a Judge with charges of dropping walking sticks to not finishing a Pint, I also believe the press local and General should try to at least bring some positive attention to these matters. Come on CCFC how bout you as a Club (SUPPORT OUR BOYZ AND MAKE SOME NOISE!!! :(

Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:15 pm

fantastic post mate

Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:10 pm

Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:I must say, and do understand both Cardiff City FC and Chelsea FC priorities are BIZNESSSS then football, But in scenarios such as these unfair and unjust sentences should be showing some form of support to both sets of Fans than the what seem's to be no interest from either Club, and personally im not impressed with either Club, Its not as if there had been any news breaking accounts serious injuries or disturbences etc etc, Both Clubs must realize that They have a ok (Not Duty) may'be concern to the treatment of they're Supporters. Otherwise all sorts of supporters OAP's to to the Boy's could end up infront of a Judge with charges of dropping walking sticks to not finishing a Pint, I also believe the press local and General should try to at least bring some positive attention to these matters. Come on CCFC how bout you as a Club (SUPPORT OUR BOYZ AND MAKE SOME NOISE!!! :(

Certain subjects have become taboo and best to stay well away from. This and the mad train woman being prime examples. The club will only respond if enough people make a noise about it.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:13 pm

2 Chelsea got sent to prison today, waiting on full info.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:12 pm

Great post :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:26 pm

Hi again. Thanks for the polite replies from all of you. I did fear a hostile response from some given that Chelsea fans were the oppostion that day a year or so ago. I guess supporters from both clubs are in the same boat over this ridiculous misscarriage of justice.

I am writing to Kenneth Clarke to express my concerns over these sentences, given that he is not in favour of sending people to prison for not so serious crimes. I think Annis is referring to Tony Gunter and John Meachen whose cases were heard this week. More pointless sentences.

I do hope appeals are made and succeed and common sense prevails at some point.

Good luck with promotion this season chaps. I genuinely hope you make it as I've always had a soft spot for your club.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:35 pm

wELCOME to the forum !!! were not a bad bunch of poster s on here :roll:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:04 pm

Chelsea Tang wrote:Hi again. Thanks for the polite replies from all of you. I did fear a hostile response from some given that Chelsea fans were the oppostion that day a year or so ago. I guess supporters from both clubs are in the same boat over this ridiculous misscarriage of justice.

I am writing to Kenneth Clarke to express my concerns over these sentences, given that he is not in favour of sending people to prison for not so serious crimes. I think Annis is referring to Tony Gunter and John Meachen whose cases were heard this week. More pointless sentences.

Good luck with promotion this season chaps. I genuinely hope you make it as I've always had a soft spot for your club.

Cheers For your Posts and Good Luck to Chelsea and Their Fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:26 pm

Great post. Feel for all the Cardiff AND Chelsea in this. :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:11 am

Chelsea Tang wrote:Hi again. Thanks for the polite replies from all of you. I did fear a hostile response from some given that Chelsea fans were the oppostion that day a year or so ago. I guess supporters from both clubs are in the same boat over this ridiculous misscarriage of justice.

Feller, Chelsea were the opposition that day. Your not the opposition now ;)
Like most on here I have mates doing bird as we speak over all this. It stinks
to high heaven.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:09 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37886

Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:29 pm

Cheers for your posts Chelsea :ayatollah: :ayatollah: