Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

euthanasia,

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:01 pm

are you for or against it,,,,,im all for it,,,, if your quality of live is non exsistant, then you should have the choice,,, also members of your family should be able to choose, whats good for the family member, if a loved one is suffering,,,,,, as they say, you wouldnt let a dog go through, some of the pain loved ones go through,

Re: euthanasia,

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:10 pm

I'm for it under the correct circumstances.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:10 pm

A man takes his dog to the vet and asks why he is so ill.The vet replies your dog is very old,i think we’ll have to put him down.The man says,ive had him fifteen years,hes my best mate, i want some tests done! The vet replies,okay we’ll give him a blood test.

The results come back suggesting the dog has to be put down and the vet tells him this.The man says i’m not happy about it, can we run more tests? So the vet calls his nurse in with a labrador. The nurse lets the labrador off the leash, it walks up to the sick dog, has a sniff, walks around it and looks into its eyes, then looks up at the vet and shakes its head.The nurse puts it back on the leash and walks out, and the vet says,sorry,we’ll have to put your dog down.

The man says,you’ve got to be joking i want more tests done!, so the vet calls the nurse in with a cat.The nurse walks in, lets the cat off its leash,and the cat walks up to the sick dog,has a lick, walks around it,and looks up at the vet shaking its head, and then walks back out with the nurse.The vet says again to the man,sorry we’re going to have to put him down.

The man looks in disbelief, but decides its the best thing and they give him the fatal needle.The man picks up the body and the vet says you can pay the nurse on the way out.

The man walks out to reception, picks up the bill,and reads £675 and asks why so much? The nurse replies,it was £75 for the appointment and euthanasia, £200 for the blood test, £200 for the Lab report and £200 for the cat scan. :D

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:14 pm

I think the problem is that its a slippery slope.
Who gets to make the choice?
If its the person, how is that different to suicide?
And if it isn't, who are we to say that someone else isnt having a good quality of life and how could we stop it being taken advantage of.

My gran had alzheimer's, and it got really bad (to the state where she didn't know who we were a lot of the time). But even then there were moments when you could have a proper conversation with her, when you could clearly see it was her and she was happy. There's no way I would have let anyone even suggest euthanasia.
Last edited by WelshBluebird on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:14 pm

i brought this subject up, because i heard on the radio, there was an australian guy in cardiff, today, preaching, euthanasia, ?

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:30 pm

First things first: Look up the five stages of grief. They are very important in the argument. Many people could be at a certain stage and want euthanasia then get to acceptance and have more enjoyment in their life that they may not have had.

Personally I'm for it but certainly not the family can decide thing, seems like it could be exploited for monitary inspired children. But under the right circumstances it can be a good, but we need to avoid medical staff being forced to becinvolved if they disagree.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:46 pm

my father past away in december, he had lung cancer, in the early stages, he was on, 15mil, of morphine, towards the end, he was on 100mil, of morphine,,, and he told me, he was on the max amount , but the pain, was so great, that he said,i want to end it now, there was no cure, so why not put people out of pain?

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:38 pm

Yes we treat Animals better than Humans.