Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: cardiff city parents, Your Childs First game ?

Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:06 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
blue nile wrote:My oldest son Alex.s first game was Fulham home 1995, my youngest Joel ,Reading away 2001, Joel still comes with me , was on the forum bus to Forest last Saturday, Alex now lives in london, he,s not into football anymore, just like,s his music :ayatollah:

Your son Alex's first match is the same as my first match. Infact, I've been reading the programme for it lately - I miss the old programmes :(

What i remember about this game, was a lot of City fans were missing that day due to watching the Wales game in Holland, I belive that Wales lost that day 7-0 if my memory serves me right. :old: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:34 pm

My son aged 4, first game 'v' Crewe, 6-1 win. Good timing, took 5 games for him to see us lose, 1-0 to Norwich, Earnie scored, then carried him kicking and screaming down Sloper Rd (my son, not Earnshaw) and all the fans were saying 'don't worry mate, you'll get used to it'.

Now he's ten and still throws a hissy fit if the opposition score. Thinking of bringing SuperNanny along in the future, (can just see half the crowd having to sit on the steps rather than stnding near their seats during the game :roll: ).

Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:27 pm

My sons first game was a 3-2 loss to Ipswitch we where in the Grange end i think Erine scored his 100th goal that day.He was 7 years old spent the whole game sitting on the crush barrier.
We had 4 rather large lads next to us shouting through out the whole game he joined in with them :D.
The lads then asked me what i thought of the ref before i could reply my son said the ref was bent and turned straight back to watch the game, the 4 lads just fell about laughing. When they had recovered they said you have taught you son well. It one thing for the ref to get stick form adults,its something else when its a 7 year old!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: