Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

STRANGE - REGARDING STADIUM...

Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:29 pm

As a season ticket holder smack bang in the middle of the canton stand we always sing, not everytime everyone joins in but we have a good go.
For millwall, bristol, swansea and stoke i have gone over to the ninian stand, and you cannot hear a peep from the canton stand, but i know they sing because i stand there every week.

on the other hand, when we are stood in the canton we can hear a group of 10/30 sometimes more clear as a bell singing in the ninian stand, and we can also clearly hear the away fans.

so why cant you hear the canton stand??

Re: STRANGE - REGARDING STADIUM...

Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:34 pm

Yeah, I've wondered about this because for games when the Canton Stand has been in full voice the Ninian Stand has said we're really quiet. Is there a prevailing wind in the stadium??? :lol:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:37 pm

The Canton stand is ok for 5/10 mins the goes very quiet...why, because you cannot hear the away fans and the banter is lost.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:49 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:The Canton stand is ok for 5/10 mins the goes very quiet...why, because you cannot hear the away fans and the banter is lost.

A lot of it is to do with trying to outsing the opposing fans to get the players' morale up to perform better and i suppose if you can't hear the away fans then it takes some of the atmosphere away maybe? :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:05 pm

ccfcninian wrote:
shinyBlueGlue wrote:The Canton stand is ok for 5/10 mins the goes very quiet...why, because you cannot hear the away fans and the banter is lost.

A lot of it is to do with trying to outsing the opposing fans to get the players' morale up to perform better and i suppose if you can't hear the away fans then it takes some of the atmosphere away maybe? :ayatollah:

Exactly, banter is what made the atmosphere go on and on, that and exciting football.
If the football ain't great and the banter ain't great it stands to reason that the atmosphere won't be great.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:15 pm

milly44 wrote:As a season ticket holder smack bang in the middle of the canton stand we always sing, not everytime everyone joins in but we have a good go.
For millwall, bristol, swansea and stoke i have gone over to the ninian stand, and you cannot hear a peep from the canton stand, but i know they sing because i stand there every week.

on the other hand, when we are stood in the canton we can hear a group of 10/30 sometimes more clear as a bell singing in the ninian stand, and we can also clearly hear the away fans.

poor acoustics i suggest, we need a roof

Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:17 pm

I sit in the grandstand close to the Canton End. IMO people are deluded if they think the Canton end sings much. Yes there's the odd occasion when everyone joins in and the noise stirs the hairs on the back of one's neck but on the whole they're no better than the Ninian Stand.

I suspect fans are slowly succumbing to the sit down and be quiet scenario seemingly being put out by the club. A degree of anarchy is required for people to sing well in such circumstances something the club is unlikely to allow. A sanitised stadium will never be conducive to good singing. Ali does his best to stifle any singing before the game so it's not like an atmosphere can be built up. Indeed is this deliberate policy?

Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:59 pm

you can hear the canton stand at the start of the game then ninian starts ( by the away fans) starts for a bit but then it stops that's that until we have a shot on goal it starts up again.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:01 pm

There is an obvious accoustics problem in the stadium but the problem will never be solved because too many fans do not like change.

I have seen some suggestions on here including drums to keep tempo of songs, megaphones to start songs and people bringing old shirts and scarves to wave around and create a sea of blue. But as soon as someone makes a suggestion they get shot down by most people.

So if no one is going to encourage and accept change then they need to accept that the stadium is going to be as quiet as a gentlemans club for a while.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:16 pm

ashccfc wrote:There is an obvious accoustics problem in the stadium but the problem will never be solved because too many fans do not like change.

I have seen some suggestions on here including drums to keep tempo of songs, megaphones to start songs and people bringing old shirts and scarves to wave around and create a sea of blue. But as soon as someone makes a suggestion they get shot down by most people.

So if no one is going to encourage and accept change then they need to accept that the stadium is going to be as quiet as a gentlemans club for a while.

Yep I agree Even new songs have been posted but never hear them. :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:07 pm

milly44 wrote:As a season ticket holder smack bang in the middle of the canton stand we always sing, not everytime everyone joins in but we have a good go.

You were Rubbish v LEICESTER, WE OUT SANG YOU :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

COME AND JOIN US COME AND JOIN US IN THE NINIAN STAND :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

You were Rubbish v LEICESTER, WE OUT SANG YOU :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

COME AND JOIN US COME AND JOIN US IN THE NINIAN STAND :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

this is all we need annis, ffing fans against each and fans vs players its like bloody circus :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:09 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

this is all we need annis, ffing fans against each and fans vs players its like bloody circus :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Rob, I am just winding Milly up :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I did renew for the Canton but have now decided to stay in the Ninian but havemoved to 116 for next season :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

mr abraham, you will never ever get me to bite. the only time i ever bite cheaply is into a free bacon bap :D

Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:55 pm

Which block are you in Nathan? You keeping same seat for next season, still to make our minds up, thinking of maybe going further back from row V 105, even though its a great crack where we are, they spend most of the time laughing at me trying to get songs going! :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:04 pm

I'm in the Ninian stand and I cant understand it either. I dont shut up. And if you sit behind the dugouts the noise is fantastic from the other stands. I went there for the Stoke game and couldnt believe how loud it was. Weird.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:32 am

tangledupinblue wrote:

Which block are you in Nathan? You keeping same seat for next season, still to make our minds up, thinking of maybe going further back from row V 105, even though its a great crack where we are, they spend most of the time laughing at me trying to get songs going! :ayatollah:

my actual seat is smack bang in the corner between the ninian and canton stand, but i know the steward and he lets me up into the middle of canton stand. i stand next to baz, row S right in the middle. will probly transfer my season ticket to there next year. come and join us :D :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:06 am

ccfcninian wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I did renew for the Canton but have now decided to stay in the Ninian but havemoved to 116 for next season :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:07 am

milly44 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

mr abraham, you will never ever get me to bite. the only time i ever bite cheaply is into a free bacon bap :D

:lol: :lol:

Ha ha good one Milly :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:07 am

ashccfc wrote:There is an obvious accoustics problem in the stadium but the problem will never be solved because too many fans do not like change.

I suspect that the more people there are in the stadium the less likely they are to be heard unless they up the volume. When we've had small attendances it doesn't take much to get the sound moving around the stadium because the infrastructure is exposed and it bounces around. People act as mufflers and so the more there are the more the sound gets muffled by them making it harder to be heard.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:21 am

you dont see alot of hands in the air during singing either anymore which is a shame people seem embarrassed i think, really dont know what is wrong with our fans