Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" DONT YOU THINK OUR FANS ARE ON OUR PLAYERS BACKS "

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:36 am

" DONT YOU THINK OUR FANS ARE ON OUR PLAYERS BACKS TO MUCH ? "

Forget mb's/forums there just for debates/opinions etc

But I have noticed Our players can make one mistake in the New stadium and thousands start yelling at them, How does that help ?

Yes they dont Sing and shout in Support of them ?

YET AWAY FROM HOME THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN, WE SING/CHEERS For 90 Mins of most Away games :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " DONT YOU THINK OUR FANS ARE ON OUR PLAYERS BACKS "

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:39 am

People are so nervous this season Annis after the last 4-5 years of Hurt. We all know we have the squad to do it, but we just cant seem to pull away from the teams around us. The leauge is so tight, the jacks are above us etc etc. I also think this is affecting the atmosphere in the stadium.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:41 am

bigwave1927 wrote:People are so nervous this season Annis after the last 4-5 years of Hurt. We all know we have the squad to do it, but we just cant seem to pull away from the teams around us. The leauge is so tight, the jacks are above us etc etc. I also think this is affecting the atmosphere in the stadium.

I can def see all that not helping, as the 5 previous yrs have not helped.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:43 am

Cant we rebuild Ninian park just for the final run in of the season. Im sure we would go up then. LOL!!!!!

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:50 am

This is what i posted yesterday under the thread PMT effecting the Atmosphere :-

Promotion Match Tension - I honestly think this is the case after our end of Season suffering at the end of the past 2 seasons we all want automatic promotion this season. We therefore go into every home game expecting and demanding our players deliver a win however most sides come to the CCS and set out not to get beat and if we do not get a good start or early goal we all get nervous and some fans start getting on the players backs
We now have 6 home games left and these will all be 6 cup finals and we all have to get over our PMT and give the team and DJ our 100% resounding vocal support

I agree we need to concertrate on supporting our players and not get on their backs every time they make a mistake or miss a chance we are all in this together and our support could make the difference this Season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:01 am

The fans have high expectations and are very nervous for every game I don't think this has helped the atmosphere and I think a lot of our fans are quicker than ever before to jump on players backs. The forest away support was one of the quietest I've heard our away support for a while. Would be good if everyone can get behind the team for the last few games :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:12 am

Annis this is one thing you can't try and pin on either the stadium or on Dave Jones.

I think Blue Heaven is right, it's down to Supporter stress levels & raised expecations.

I don't remember Andy Kerr getting a tenth of the stick that Naylor gets, primarily because our expectations were that much lower in those days.

We all know that due to mismanagement of the club coffers during the last 20 years, now more than ever, it's promotion or bust.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:15 am

Totally. Fans. Not supporters. Massive difference.

I will only ever sing in support of the Bluebirds. It's why I never have a voice left.

If anyone has a voice left after the game they've failed to support the team to their fullest.

It's pretty simple really.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:27 am

Completly agree, no matter how bad Naylor was, the abuse he gets was never going to help him and only make him worse. If it was up to some of our fans Hudson would have been gone from us after about 2 months, now hes a contender for player of the season. Our fans need faith and patience.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:36 am

I only groan (note: don't boo) when a player makes a mistake through laziness or carelessness. If it's a genuine mis-placed pass which had intent and effort behind it then I don't care but I get pissed off with effort rather than ability.

I never, for all his cons, had a go at Naylor until his last game when it looked like he couldn't be fucked. Now I know he might have had a bug so it would explain it but I still felt he wasn't trying as hard as he could.

The support is nowhere near as critical as it was the first season we went up into the Championship. I remember all these new fans turning up and booing every single bad touch. Shameful. I feel we're very supportive now to be honest.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:02 am

i have noticed around me that since the guy shouted to bellamy people around me in the ninian are alot more encouraging of players. when people make a mistake there is a moan but theres probbly 10 or so of us that unlucky *insert players name* keep ur head up. people around me are getting more possitve but there is still a tense feel about the place.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:11 am

bigwave1927 wrote:People are so nervous this season Annis after the last 4-5 years of Hurt. We all know we have the squad to do it, but we just cant seem to pull away from the teams around us. The leauge is so tight, the jacks are above us etc etc. I also think this is affecting the atmosphere in the stadium.

Got it in one, Also we all know that even if we are 2 up and they get one back we cant rest as we have given up so many leads before. We all know this is our best team in a long time and our best chance of Auto promotion, and if we blow it now its all back to a nothing season again. As know one wants the play offs again.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:13 am

bigwave1927 wrote:Cant we rebuild Ninian park just for the final run in of the season. Im sure we would go up then. LOL!!!!!

Ninian Park the scene of the biggest cave in ever seen at this club or probably anywhere else. The last season when Dave Jones and his merry men totally fucked up and could not get that one point to put us in the play offs :evil:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:33 am

Forever Blue wrote:" DONT YOU THINK OUR FANS ARE ON OUR PLAYERS BACKS TO MUCH ? "

But I have noticed Our players can make one mistake in the New stadium and thousands start yelling at them, How does that help ?

YET AWAY FROM HOME THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN, WE SING/CHEERS For 90 Mins of most Away games :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

annis,the problem is it never looks like that player(whichever one)is trying,giving 100%,classic example kevin mcnaughton made a couple of mistakes tuesday night,nobody got on his back because he gives 100%,if he flitted in and out of a game like whittingham then you got to see were people are coming from,for me whitts is lazy and of his game but i back him when he is playing :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:44 am

Forever Blue wrote:" DONT YOU THINK OUR FANS ARE ON OUR PLAYERS BACKS TO MUCH ? "

answer me this annis,
in terms you understand well :D
if you go out for a meal with the missus, and spend a lot of money do you expect the meal to be what you have paid for?
or would you be happy with any old chunk slapped on your plate ??
i myself pay as far as im concerned good money to watch a team of very well payed althletes to put on a display worthy of my money and the other 22k of people who have done the same, if i can see that what i have paid for it shit im gonna make comment, (im not taking about booing) im on about the likes of jay diving, jet and olly giving the ball away stupid things like that.
that is my right as a paying customer, who knows that what i should be getting im much better than whats being offered

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:07 pm

Annis,

You mentioned it when Jay didnt play the ball he shouldve early in the game and a few fans swore and shouted at him cos of it. You didnt, I didnt, and thousands of others didnt, but my m8 did!!

Expectations massive.

I agree one or two mistakes nobody should get on their backs and yes, encourage instead but for us all its bloody frustrating as it was another opportunity of going towards goal,
However on the other side of it when Chops scored, that Jay pass and others were probably all forgotten about it.

Think people forget how well most of the players have done this season and we should encourage cos i guess where we were sitting Jay probably heard "the moaners" :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:11 pm

i agree annis fans do get on there backs real quick now cuz they demand so much but that's the nature of footie these days.

but some players don't help them selves tho

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:34 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:answer me this annis,
in terms you understand well :D
if you go out for a meal with the missus, and spend a lot of money do you expect the meal to be what you have paid for?
or would you be happy with any old chunk slapped on your plate ??
i myself pay as far as im concerned good money to watch a team of very well payed althletes to put on a display worthy of my money and the other 22k of people who have done the same, if i can see that what i have paid for it shit im gonna make comment, (im not taking about booing) im on about the likes of jay diving, jet and olly giving the ball away stupid things like that.
that is my right as a paying customer, who knows that what i should be getting im much better than whats being offered

When you see people turning round and saying "a football club shouldn't be a business, the money is ruining the game", this is pretty much where it ends up at.

There's a difference between entertainment and a service. And even then there's a difference between sport and light entertainment.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:44 pm

But this sort of thing goes on at every ground up and down the Country. Its not a CCFC thing and it has always happened, its called football !! We all have different opinions, some air them under there breath some scream it out some wait till they get on a message board and then let em have it. There isn't a right or wrong way of doing it its football we all think we are managers, that is why we love the game, Sometimes i want to scream at Jay to get of his lazy arse and sometimes i am bowing to him. There isn't a correct way to eat a Cadburys Cream egg and there isn't a correct way to support your Football team either :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:09 pm

Totally agree, I get embarrassed in home games now with the way some people act. Fair enough if people dont want to chant or sing but why use your voice to just be negative. Ive said before and stick by the fact I dont think a lot of our fans, if I wasnt a Cardiff boy I would never want to sign for this club because of our fans (unless Ridsdale was giving out contracts again then I may consider it :lol: )

Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:09 pm

Back of the Net wrote:I don't remember Andy Kerr getting a tenth of the stick that Naylor gets

Mostly because Kerr was better :lol:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:19 pm

ELY BOY wrote:That bunch of old guys Dai Hunt used to sit by are the worst, they don't stop fecking moaning all fecking game. That and shout, "f*cking book him ref" now and again.

Ahhh tell me about it..they're an absolute nightmare haha!!! Just my luck that my season ticket is the seat directly in front of them this year. Every game I swear they must be watching a different game to everyone else..the comments they come out with are just unreal!

Probably why I decided before Christmas that I was going to move to the Canton stand next season haha

New user by the way..hi! :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:24 pm

Agreed and it seems on the increase, a lot of fans are always looking for someone to have a go at, Jay looks the latest target, which is mad considering he is just coming back from injury and is still the Championships top scorer ???

Get behind them, they need our help :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:35 pm

I was only saying this to a lad next to me at the Leicester match. I think its because we still get a lot of new fans at home games who have either not seen many games or dont really want top be there (bought ST's just to guarantee a seat when we 'went up')
At away games, because of the expense and commitment, only real fans travel so the majority are in love with the club.
Its drives nails into me Annis - there were 3 kids behind me on Tuesday who were booing, one of whom asked who Whittingham was.
Not knocking new supporters but I think this is the case with us.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:37 pm

Bluemellons wrote:I was only saying this to a lad next to me at the Leicester match. I think its because we still get a lot of new fans at home games who have either not seen many games or dont really want top be there (bought ST's just to guarantee a seat when we 'went up')
At away games, because of the expense and commitment, only real fans travel so the majority are in love with the club.
Its drives nails into me Annis - there were 3 kids behind me on Tuesday who were booing, one of whom asked who Whittingham was.

very true. mad you hear a kid saying that tho :shock:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:12 pm

Bluemellons wrote:I was only saying this to a lad next to me at the Leicester match. I think its because we still get a lot of new fans at home games who have either not seen many games or dont really want top be there (bought ST's just to guarantee a seat when we 'went up')

I thinks its Pathetic and I would rather them stay away, its not like were loosing every week, Surely if your going to Watch Cardiff City, You are there to Support them and CHEER THEM ON, Mistakes are made but thats reality.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:41 pm

I don't think the support is exactly incredible away either. It is good, but when things started going wrong at Bristol City, we were embarrassingly quiet. I know we were getting a thumping, but we used to sing regardless of the score. I suppose expectations are high this season and it's almost hard to enjoy it.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:33 am

owen27 wrote:
ELY BOY wrote:That bunch of old guys Dai Hunt used to sit by are the worst, they don't stop fecking moaning all fecking game. That and shout, "f*cking book him ref" now and again.

Ahhh tell me about it..they're an absolute nightmare haha!!! Just my luck that my season ticket is the seat directly in front of them this year. Every game I swear they must be watching a different game to everyone else..the comments they come out with are just unreal!

Probably why I decided before Christmas that I was going to move to the Canton stand next season haha

New user by the way..hi! :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I sit next to those guys :D

Cant say I find them a nightmare but yes they come out wuth some unreal comments.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:43 am

We shoild support the team, no matter what happens. It's bad enough the players have got to think about the pitch and which way the ball is going to bob, Nevermind the crowd on their backs too.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:47 am

forever blue, hasnt this always been the case, away from home we sing all game, its always been the same, but i bet most fans from other clubs say this as well, i still think wer all still trying to get to grips with being in the new stadium