Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

how can they turn a blind eye to standing

Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:24 am

in the canton but play f**k with people who stand anywhere else in the stadium?
they say they will tolerate it in the canton but to me if they tolerate it then the club are breaking the rules..
how can fans be threatened with eviction and season ticket ban but someone 50yrds away allowed even though the rules state they are not allowed..
we must be one of a very few clubs that are over the top on standing because when i watch away games or match of the day and football league show loads of clubs fans stand.

Re: how can they turn a blind eye to standing

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:39 am

They didn't say they'd tolerate it, they said they'd have a slightly more 'relaxed' policy. The stewards still come up and ask people to sit down at frequent intervals but provided no-one is causing trouble then it's not an issue the club needs to worry about.

Unfortunately, I think because our club still carries a stigma of violence (unfair given our recent record) we are focused on so the club needs to appear to be slightly more willing to address the issue hence why they make sure three stands are sitting so it does appear that they are doing something about it in case the authorities ask.

Re: how can they turn a blind eye to standing

Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:04 am

They can't.

Such is the world that we live in :|