Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FOR ALL THOSE WHO ARE OPPOSED TO...

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:10 pm

The Welsh Assembly Government and wish to see it abolished...isn't it just a touch ironic that if you vote NO in the referendum you will be voting to preserve the the very organisation that you dislike/hate so much to remain exactly the same as it is now. You can just see the brain cell working overtime....."I really hate the WAG so much that I will goddam vote to keep them EXACTLY the same....that'll teach em!" You just couldn't make it up :lol:

Re: FOR ALL THOSE WHO ARE OPPOSED TO...

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:20 pm

Or having a giant axe wound in your forehead and electing not to hit yourself with an axe again and again and again.

I don't really care either way (although Taxes WILL rise with a yes vote). Mybe it should be a three way vote:

More

Same

Feck off

Be interesting to see how that'd go.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:29 pm

RFMH wrote:Or having a giant axe wound in your forehead and electing not to hit yourself with an axe again and again and again.

I don't really care either way (although Taxes WILL rise with a yes vote). Mybe it should be a three way vote:

More

Same

Feck off

Be interesting to see how that'd go.

Taxes won't rise cos we are not voting to give em tax raising powers!!! They've had tax raising powers in Scotland for yonks but they are yet to use them. It's just more scaremongering from people who wish to do Wales down!

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:07 am

I couldnt wait to vote for a welsh parliament but it has turned out to be a waste of money ,its just a super council that has no powers but alot of money is wasted .Now if we vote for YES we will waste even more money on AMs. We are all doomed.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:24 am

bluebirdrob wrote:I couldnt wait to vote for a welsh parliament but it has turned out to be a waste of money ,its just a super council that has no powers but alot of money is wasted .Now if we vote for YES we will waste even more money on AMs. We are all doomed.

Hence the reason to vote YES...in order to give the Assembly the power to make a real difference to people's lives. If the French people get fed up with their government and think it's a waste of money would they give permission for the Italians or the Germans to take decions about French issues instead of themselves?? OF course not! So why are we in Wales so happy for English MPs to decide what is good for Wales? They haven't done a very good job have they as Wales is at the bottom of all the health and wealth leagues!

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:39 am

The Welsh Assembly already looses money every day. Without the fact that the money it does have goes in terrible places like advocating a dead language (Welsh) when: http://www.leftfootforward.org/2011/02/ ... and-wales/ Child poverty is highest in Wales above anywhere else in the UK.

That's not the point anyway, if you think taxes won't rise, you're deluding yourself (as they'll probably rise either way). OP said that voting no was somehow a hypocrisy, it isn't. It's just a shame a three way vote wasn't established to see how this country truly feels about the WA.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:59 am

doesn't have tax raising powers but does have the power on the say of local tax... aka Council Tax, whilst Council Tax in England and Scotland are frozen, ours is not. Fair eh.