Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We want Sam hammam walking round the pitch

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:24 pm

Sam will get this city buzzing again!

No need to move ends to create atmosphere!

We need vocal and informative owners!

The banter and the wind ups in the dressing room we loved to hear about is gone! We need this back! Sam had a dream and as far as I am concerened he is still living the dream!! Come on Sam get involved! And take us to the promised land!!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: We want Sam hammam walking round the pitch

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:25 pm

would bring back the passion that has gone missing. it was sams dream to get us to the prem so lets make him a part of it :D

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:26 pm

I'd have faith in him to actually listen to the fans with passion, and not just see each 'customer' as £££

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:29 pm

a horse with no name wrote:would bring back the passion that has gone missing. it was sams dream to get us to the prem so lets make him a part of it :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:57 pm

Have to agree with that, the club misses Sam I miss him

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:59 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:09 pm

Sam could easy be the 12th man along side the real fans! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:39 pm

I don't want him walking round the pitch, or anywhere else in South Wales.

Guess I'm not a real fan then.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:40 pm

Let's carry him around instead.......

.......I'm sure there will be plenty of volunteer pallbearers. :lol:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:57 pm

Sam was there for the beginning

and he should be there for the end. :ayatollah:

it was his dream , his influence what would life of been without him. :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:02 am

ccfc_cotta wrote:Sam was there for the beginning

Hardly.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:03 am

It's little things that people forget with Sam.

An example, when he came earnie wasn't exactly in favour - I believe the club were trying to get rid of him.

Sam took earnie, gave him confidence, told him to get built up physically. And it worked.

Sure we had to sell him....but without SAM, we wouldnt have had him to sell for that much anyway.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:10 am

You know the english press is going to turn this into a bad thing.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:13 am

I liked the man.

Possibly the nearest man to the Great Mrs T :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But hey ho, lets blame everything else Eh!

A Woman sorted our little island out. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:33 am

No thanks.

Some people have very short memories. He wasn't flavour of the month on Black Friday.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:21 am

TH63 wrote:

Hardly.

we wouldn't of got out of division three if sam never took over.
that was the beginning of the dream .

modern era anyway

Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:26 am

have i missed something as sam turn into jesus why don't we put a pool in ccs because most of you on here thinks he can walk on water.sam had his chance and he gone for good so get in the real world not in that parrel world most of you live in.THIS SAM THING IS GETTING BORING BOYS :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:50 am

steve wrote:have i missed something as sam turn into jesus why don't we put a pool in ccs because most of you on here thinks he can walk on water.sam had his chance and he gone for good so get in the real world not in that parrel world most of you live in.THIS SAM THING IS GETTING BORING BOYS :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

attending the ccs is getting boring mate.
I'm just saying if Sam was around it would be like a carnival at home games and between games!! :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:28 am

i am there to watch football not the side show. i have been watching city 30years all i care about on game day is result :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:47 am

I think I would welcome Sam back........not 100% sure why but I have this feeling his involvement would take us over the line! :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:48 am

and he should be there for the end. :ayatollah:

it was his dream , his influence what would life of been without him. :ayatollah:

Yes he was and he started OUR DREEAM and WERE STILL LIVING IT :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:51 am

Canton stand baz wrote:
I'm just saying if Sam was around it would be like a carnival at home games and between games!!

No it wouldn't. :roll:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:58 am

No thanks I always liked the bloke and then black Friday happened and he nearly took us to the wall so I have no time for him now.

I can completely understand why his 'inner circle' would want him back they must have a great time of it with Sam free booze/tickets whatever but I think most of our fans wouldn't care about Sam coming back, in fact I think many would boo any sort of return.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:04 am

botw2 wrote:No thanks I always liked the bloke and then black Friday happened and he nearly took us to the wall so I have no time for him now.

I can completely understand why his 'inner circle' would want him back they must have a great time of it with Sam free booze/tickets whatever but I think most of our fans wouldn't care about Sam coming back, in fact I think many would boo any sort of return.

Spot on feller.

This is an internet messageboard. It represents a tiny fraction of our weekly support. So to say "we" want him walking round the pitch is just plain wrong if the We refers to the weekly supporters of Cardiff City FC.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:49 am

Inner circle WTF! I have never been involved in any inner circle or had any free booze! :twisted:

I also would not want him in control of any fianances. A director of football roll would be ideal as he will get this city buzzing and exited again! I feel this will help for our final push!! I don't think it will do any harm providing he is awAy from the coffers!

This I feel may be our only chance to get to the promised land for a while. :ayatollah:

I am sorry but without Sam we would not be where we are now!
:ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:58 am

Canton stand baz wrote:A director of football roll would be ideal as he will get this city buzzing and exited again!

I am sorry but without Sam we would not be where we are now!

No he won't.

And don't apologise for saying what you think!

Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:35 am

remind me when cardiff fc was formed iam sure it was before 2000 sam had 5 years out of 100 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:48 am

steve wrote:remind me when cardiff fc was formed iam sure it was before 2000 sam had 5 years out of 100 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
all the fans traveling to 1927 cup final i bet all of them had a dream

Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:31 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:
botw2 wrote:No thanks I always liked the bloke and then black Friday happened and he nearly took us to the wall so I have no time for him now.

Spot on feller.

This is an internet messageboard. It represents a tiny fraction of our weekly support. So to say "we" want him walking round the pitch is just plain wrong if the We refers to the weekly supporters of Cardiff City FC.

I am generally on your side of the argument here lads with regards to Hammam. I will forever be cautious because his actions when it came to our club were often hysterical, emotionally-influenced and borderline schizophrenic. However, Ridsdale killed any character and identity this club had.

Would I sell my soul to the Devil (don't take literally!) to get that identity back? If he has a limited football-only role then I have to say I probably would. I don't think I could ever like the man or trust him but I'd appreciate what he could do to put the emotion and passion back into the club.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:44 pm

I really cant see Sam ever coming back, and the club, and game, has changed beyond all recognition now, it wouldnt be the same! Why doesnt Sam invest in a club like Newport or Merthyr, in the English pyramid, and give them some much needed finance, direction and passion! Im sure many City fans would follow their fortunes if Sam was involved and it would bring back some of the old school atmosphere that so many miss at the football!