Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " PLEASE BE HONEST HERE.. ? "

Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:49 pm

baseboy007 wrote:Stan knows all about it at its worst, or best day of my life imo. Campbell 2nd half extra time lob?? Ouch.

I'll never forgive that ginger headed mong faced b@stard!
:lol:

Broke my heart that day. :cry:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:56 pm

Iv'e got many framed pics on my wall of that day with him holding the trophy aloft, ill take a pic and send you it. haha. I have to say that weekend almost destroyed me, It took me 2 days to finally go home...just out partying non stop. Hard life aye!! :D

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:14 pm

Here we go, don't let it get to you Stan. :D :D :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:24 pm

You just had to didn't ya! :evil:
:lol:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:31 pm

It's Andy Campbell he plays up front, he's a useless ginger c**t, he can't score goals and he is quite slow why we signed him i'll never know.... He scored a good goal against QPR He scored a good goal against QPR :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:58 pm

Great question and so difficult to answer IMO this is our best ever shot at the Premiership and having followed City for 40 Years i feel i have 'paid my dues'and deserve to see my team in the Premiership. However life ain't fair and can be cruel and having supported City all that time i have suffered many disappointments but if we were to do it this season the potential is truly massive.

I have a Guy in work with me whose a plastic Leeds fan :twisted: but if we get promoted he's talking about getting a Season ticket because he wants to watch Premiership football and there are many thousands more like him. I honestly believe if we went up and we market the games properly we would be looking at 35K - 40K crowds which when you consider around 10 years ago we were averaging 8K shows how this club is growing.

Just hope that it's us and QPR filling those top 2 spots with us as champions of course :D

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:08 am

blueheaven wrote:Great question and so difficult to answer IMO this is our best ever shot at the Premiership and having followed City for 40 Years i feel i have 'paid my dues'and deserve to see my team in the Premiership. However life ain't fair and can be cruel and having supported City all that time i have suffered many disappointments but if we were to do it this season the potential is truly massive.

I have a Guy in work with me whose a plastic Leeds fan :twisted: but if we get promoted he's talking about getting a Season ticket because he wants to watch Premiership football and there are many thousands more like him. I honestly believe if we went up and we market the games properly we would be looking at 35K - 40K crowds which when you consider around 10 years ago we were averaging 8K shows how this club is growing.

Just hope that it's us and QPR filling those top 2 spots with us as champions of course :D

Nice of you to say so blue.

You are right if you went up your potential is absolutely ridiculous, obviously the Malaysians know this & have funded the club in the hope of making it reality. If it happens they are onto a very big thing. But as we've said throughout this thread their is always the possibility it won't happen. Even for us leading all season it means nothing till the end of play on the 8Th of May.

In your honest opinion how do you see things panning out over the next 13 games for Cardiff? You've had many years watching the game, from the players to the management, the board & even the fans doing they're bit, will you get this mission completed? Glass half full or empty?

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:32 am

Stan-QPR wrote:
blueheaven wrote:Great question and so difficult to answer IMO this is our best ever shot at the Premiership and having followed City for 40 Years i feel i have 'paid my dues'and deserve to see my team in the Premiership. However life ain't fair and can be cruel and having supported City all that time i have suffered many disappointments but if we were to do it this season the potential is truly massive.

Nice of you to say so blue.

You are right if you went up your potential is absolutely ridiculous, obviously the Malaysians know this & have funded the club in the hope of making it reality. If it happens they are onto a very big thing. But as we've said throughout this thread their is always the possibility it won't happen. Even for us leading all season it means nothing till the end of play on the 8Th of May.

In your honest opinion how do you see things panning out over the next 13 games for Cardiff? You've had many years watching the game, from the players to the management, the board & even the fans doing they're bit, will you get this mission completed? Glass half full or empty?

Honestly Stan, I wasn't surprised or gutted when we lost to Blackpool last year because i was convinced from November last season that we were going to get to the Play Off Final and lose :( Now in no way am i psychic but after the Blackpool defeat i said we will go up next year and when you look where we were at the time with rumours of Bothroyd, Whitts and Chopra all possibly leaving us most people thought i was mad :lol:

However i have been convinced since that Blackpool defeat that we will go up this year and wether that be automatic or via the Play Offs i just don't know? What i do know is with 13 games to go and probably 9 wins needed we have a fantastic chance and we certainly have the players and despite all the DJ haters i also think we have the Manager to do it.

Of course it might all be wishful thinking on my part after all the years of disappointments but that's what being a fan is all about you take the lows and the highs and whatever happens i will be there supporting them next season but hopefully that will be in the Premiership :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:11 am

You have a good outlook on things blue. Fair play to you mate.

Sit back, buckle up & enjoy the ride! :D

Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:27 am

The Sleeping Giant thing is a bit of a weird one and I think someone else mentioned it earlier but we seemed to have been tagged with it (or perhaps tagged ourselves) for as long as I can remember. I tend to think that it might not really be true. Can anyone else think of any examples of clubs that have had poor or moderate support and then exploded when they reach the big time? I'm not saying that our support is poor in terms of numbers but a lot of clubs who get to the PL don't tend to massively increase their crown attendances and 'big' clubs who get relegated such as Leeds and Man City still pull big crowds in the 2nd or 3rd tier. Perhaps Cardiff is different because of our geographical location and the fact we would be a Welsh club in the PL etc. I think that we probably wouldn't gain heaps of new supporters but we have a large amount of fickle fans that would turn up to but wouldn't have been to see us when we were in the lower divisions which separates us from the likes of Leeds, Man City and Newcastle. It's a bit sad really but past history suggests that our core of really loyal fans is pretty small.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:04 am

We all know the potential is huge but the only way to unlock it is being in the prem.

Some good points in previous posts. I think we all know someone, who even though don't watch City regular atm, would become a season ticket holder on reaching prem. As for the increasing attendances and maintaining them, just look at Reading. I been to Elm Pk cpl times in 80s n 90s and their support was crap. Wigan av attendance was shite too before making prem and they are staunch Rugby Lge in that area. I class us in the same bracket as Wolves, with the potential to be a Spurs in a decades time.
Some will call me a dreamer for that statement but instead of being brought up on Liverpool n Man U, the youngsters will be wearing City shirts after we have become a prem team, mark my words :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:54 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Dave Jones in my opinion will go down as the worst manager in our history if he fecks it up with this Squad.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:26 pm

I feel that based on the last 3 years and our trememdous fans,Cardiff are the most deserved team to go up as we have been there or there abouts consistently for the last 2 seasons and our fans away in the premiership will absolutely amazing!

QPR have been consistent all of this season and deserve to go up but with Cardiff City aswell

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:35 pm

Bondi Bluebird wrote:The Sleeping Giant thing is a bit of a weird one and I think someone else mentioned it earlier but we seemed to have been tagged with it (or perhaps tagged ourselves) for as long as I can remember. I tend to think that it might not really be true. Can anyone else think of any examples of clubs that have had poor or moderate support and then exploded when they reach the big time? I'm not saying that our support is poor in terms of numbers but a lot of clubs who get to the PL don't tend to massively increase their crown attendances and 'big' clubs who get relegated such as Leeds and Man City still pull big crowds in the 2nd or 3rd tier. Perhaps Cardiff is different because of our geographical location and the fact we would be a Welsh club in the PL etc. I think that we probably wouldn't gain heaps of new supporters but we have a large amount of fickle fans that would turn up to but wouldn't have been to see us when we were in the lower divisions which separates us from the likes of Leeds, Man City and Newcastle. It's a bit sad really but past history suggests that our core of really loyal fans is pretty small.

hence why its important for a generation of kids to see us up there making history, as iv'e said before look at Leeds and their history, why would people from and around Leeds want to support anyone else?? Its about about attracting them to come and then the rest is history.

As Kevin Costner voice in his head once said "build it and they will come".

Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:00 pm

If we go up, the stadium will be expanded to hold 35000 and we would sell out most weeks. I think we might just survive although never having played there, every side says that.
If we dont go up this year, we're doomed. But then we say that every season!!! :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:11 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Some excellent posts here lads so I will try to answer what you asked in one message.

With regards to us first yes Loftus Rd is an issue, I love it because its home & its all I've ever known since I first went as a four year old in 1980 but the stadium is crap, its cramped, the toilets & refreshment areas are ridiculous & if you go for a burger at half time don't expect to see the first 10 mins of the second half as getting back to your seat is like Piccadilly Circus on Xmas eve its terrible. We are not a big club and as mentioned we are 2.5 miles away from Brentford but more importantly Fulham & Chelsea who are established Premier league clubs who get approx 60,000 through the gates on a match day. Not to mention a mere 20 mins on our wonderful tube system & you are up against Arsenal, Spurs & West Ham. We are very small in comparison.

Stan
Funny I remember Loftus Road being mentioned as a 'cracking little stadium' around the time the Premiership started 20 odd years ago. I have an attachment to LR because I spent a lot of time as an inpatient in Hammersmith Hospital during the mid-nineties and I would often see the floodlights on and hear the crowd from my bedside window when QPR played at home (the other great pass time was seeing the prisoners being marched around in the Scrubs :lol: )

Due to that I consider Shepherds Bush as my part of London and we stayed in a Hotel just around the corner for the FA Cup Final in 2008 and got over the Portsmouth result by drowning our sorrowing in the Weatherspoons in the shopping centre.

I have stood outside LR and been in the club shop (although it was shut due to refurbishment in 2008) on half a dozen occasions but I have never seen a game played there. :cry: Also I think I know the piece of land you are referring to as they will let you park your car there for a fiver :lol:

It is hard to predict what will happen to us if we don’t go up this season, but I am just hoping that Vincent Tan’s long term plan for us means that he will stick around and give the finances for another push at promotion, preferably without that idiot Dave Jones at the helm.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:10 pm

Tony Blue cracking post mate I enjoyed reading that. Seems like you have a genuine bond with the Shepherd's Bush area & QPR, after all that & you've never seen a game there wow, well next time your in London send me a private message mate & I will get you a ticket for the game I get 4 comps every game so I'd be more than happy for you to have a pair.

Of course your a Cardiff man & I'm not trying to poach you :lol: but its clear to see you have more in common with the area than many.

You are right about the plot of land, its a big spot & would be ideal for a new state of the art ground. As I said & you mentioned Loftus Rd is at times a great place to be but its withered now & we need to step up, saying that I love it like you guys loved NP so if I had my way I'd stay there forever!

Only thing that scares me is after being at many of these new grounds like Coventry, Reading etc is they are like a soulless boring bowl, absolutely no character, I haven't been to the CCS yet so I will reserve judgement till we travel up on the 23rd April :D

Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:02 pm

CHEERS Stan Great Debate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: