Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SKY TELLY ON YOUR MOBILE ?

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:48 pm

Now I know you can set up with Sky and watch sports etc on your mobile, I've done it myself, but my son came home in a taxi this week and the driver had an HTC phone that was programmed in some way into his sky box at home, this meant he could watch anything that was on his home package thru is phone, anyone got any details.

Re: SKY TELLY ON YOUR MOBILE ?

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Probably a slingbox, you plug your sky box into it and you can watch and control the sky box from anywhere in the world over the internet including using slingplayer app on a smart phone.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000W4CXT0/r ... B000W4CXT0

or if you want to plug more than one thing into it you can get a slingbox pro.

It sends the signal over your broadband connection so you need to have very good broadband upload speed (probably only virgin speeds would give decent non buffering connection). Also needs to plug directly into modem so need to have home modem set up next to sky box.

Currently with talktalk and upload speed is only about 500Kb/s but moving over to virgin so I'll probably get one then.

Worth it just so you can annoy the wife by switching the channel over from America's next top model at half time down the football.