Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

RAMBO AT 11 YEARS OF AGE

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:37 pm

I remember one of my mates Neil Wickham good Welsh League footballer and almost made it as a pro, told me many years ago that he'd seen someone special at one of the Academy training sessions, that someone special was Aaron Ramsey and it just makes me wonder how good he was to stand out so much at that tender age, a bit like Rooney.

How to people pick up on that much potential in kids who have just finished playing with their action man and wrestling figures. watching Aaron last night and you could just see the class oozing out of him, what is it that sets them apart, is the speed of thought, the vision, he makes it look so easy you wonder why others can't copy it, but if it were that easy I'd be f*cking Ronaldo not Rolypolyo. ;)

Re: RAMBO AT 11 YEARS OF AGE

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:40 pm

Gwyn the flick he produced on the edge of their box at the Family stand end yesterday was absolute class

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:49 pm

This kid has got the potential to be one of the WORLD's best players. I remember him as a 17yr old at NP in a under 21 game against France and he looked the senior player on the pitch.

Considering he is still only 20 and having spent 10 months out of the game. Fair play to Arsenal they have taken him up a step, best move he could of had. And he is a nice guy off the pitch too. :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:56 pm

And no sell on clause, well done Ridsdale, 20% of a zillion pounds would have been nice. :x

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:24 pm

Think hes the Fabregas replacement to be honest.

And the same tit i've mentioned before in block 112 of Ninian was giving him shit again last night and Jet, Jay etc. When i had a word and asked if he was a jack as all he does is slag cardiff off he replied he is an ambassodor and can say what he wants!!!

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:19 pm

Welshpaul wrote:Think hes the Fabregas replacement to be honest.

And the same tit i've mentioned before in block 112 of Ninian was giving him shit again last night and Jet, Jay etc. When i had a word and asked if he was a jack as all he does is slag cardiff off he replied he is an ambassodor and can say what he wants!!!

what a muppet he is, ramsey & jet were class last night imo!! :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:24 pm

I know what you mean Gwyn. How they see so much potential in someone that young is astounding. Watching a spotty average teenage fullback at Southampton called Gareth Bale I wondered what Tottenham saw in him to part with so much cash. The experts are well placed in these matters though, but with the scouting network out there, for every Wayne Rooney there's a Jermaine Pennant or Freddy Adu-Allegedly the'next best things once. With Ramsey, it goes to show that our academy is possibly the most important facet of the clubs recent history. That unforgettable afternoon at the Riverside in the cup quarter final put Ramsey in the shop window, proving what a unique talent he is. Gutted he has to go back but I'm sure Dave Jones has made contingency plans

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:13 am

at 15 ramsey was regarded as the next steven gerrard and one of the best homegrown talents in britain . also I remember watching ledley at 12 my best mate who was then cardiff and wales keeper, said see that kid by their with the mop head, one of the best players you'l ever meet, Turns out he was i never thought he would make the first team :lol:
seen him play and wasn't too impressed. also we was in the same age catagory for cardiff schools,

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:25 am

Welshpaul wrote:Think hes the Fabregas replacement to be honest.

Rambo is pure class,and jet prob had the best game ive seen him play for us-even Jay didnt fall down as much as lately!!!! Does he watch the same game as everyone else?

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:45 am

he went to my school anywayyy :lol: :lol:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:03 am

When Pat Jennings was 11, he was selected to play for Northern Ireland under 16's ! If Rambo has half the career Pat did he will do well !

Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:21 pm

Rambo at 17 Risdale thought there’s a nice little earner.
Sam set up the academy and all the players produced were sold.
Earnie, Gunter, Ramsey Ledley,
Wilkinson brought Jerome with him but he was still a youngster, what happen to him?
---------sold

Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:15 pm

Bale didn't have the stand out ability in school, only really turned up in our school cup final when he needed to. Although had a great determination to succeed. Possibly the same with Ramsey who has come on leaps and bounds with his over all play

Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:24 pm

stickywicket wrote:Rambo at 17 Risdale thought there’s a nice little earner.
Sam set up the academy and all the players produced were sold.
Earnie, Gunter, Ramsey Ledley,
Wilkinson brought Jerome with him but he was still a youngster, what happen to him?
---------sold

Ridsdale is a tw*t but AR wanted to go, and the improvement he has made has justified the decision. Arsenal have brought him on tremendously, which we couldnt of with a player of that promise

Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:35 pm

Every club that matters in the Premier League offered Rambo a deal and he would have gone as well due to the great deals being bartered for him. The reason he didn't go and chose to go through the Cardiff City Academy was down to Lee Robinson. Robbo was the Academy manager at the time and he courted Rambo's father and convinced him that Cardiff was the right choice.

Part of his reasoning was if he had gone to a top 4 club at that point then there was a real possibility that he could have blended in too well and then fall by the way side. At Cardiff he was always going to stand out and attract attention. He was always destined for a top 4 club anyway and Cardiff was the best option to make sure that would happen.

Robbo pulled off an absolute blinder in securing Rambo, it was by far the biggest deal the Academy has ever done or likely to do for a very long time. The thanks Robbo had for his efforts at the Academy? Ridsdale sacked him.