Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

stadium capacity

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:23 pm

when cardiff get promoted this season, are they going to up the capacity ready for next season, and if they are how will they fund it

Re: stadium capacity

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:23 pm

35,000 will be official capacity and its already been funded when we bought the stadium i think.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:56 pm

Where has that info come from?

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:59 pm

the info on the increased capacity IF we get promoted was from the malaysians statement a few months back on the cardiff city website, how ever regarding the price, annis may answer that but im sure we paid for all of the stadium (2nd tier included)

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:10 pm

if that is true, it will be awesome

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:35 pm

rorkes drift wrote:when cardiff get promoted this season, are they going to up the capacity ready for next season, and if they are how will they fund it

Have a look at this. We can either make the stand deeper like Coventry's looks now.....or we can go for a 2nd tier. Id prefer the latter because it gives us at least a little bit more character and separates us from the coventry's, southampton's, leicester's and many other identical stadia. it would be even better if we can have the top tier linked on the corner of the canton/ninian....grange/ninian.

Behind the back wall is a huge corridor that wraps around 3 of the stands, iv'e walked through it and there is a hell of a gap between that and the actual exterior cladding, I reckon if we did the 3 stands we would get and extra 7-10k??

Then you got the problem of getting relegated from the prem and we get less supporters than the last time in the championship because we have a lot of fickles who only like the taste of glory and will disappear.....but with a bigger stadium it'll look herrendous, thats fickles for you! We would deal with that IF it happened I suppose. :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:40 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote:Where has that info come from?

Why do you think the roof is so bloddy high and ruining the acoustics?? Its all ready to go...it'll take a summer break to do it, if that.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:59 pm

i would much prefer an extra tier

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:03 pm

rorkes drift wrote:i would much prefer an extra tier

:lol: Shotgun top bunk! :D

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:23 pm

In Steve Borley's Q & A session on this MB I asked him about this and he replied (& remember he is an engineer) that it would cost around £12m and take about a year to upgrade CCS to it's full 37,000 seat capacity.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:02 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:In Steve Borley's Q & A session on this MB I asked him about this and he replied (& remember he is an engineer) that it would cost around £12m and take about a year to upgrade CCS to it's full 37,000 seat capacity.

Really?? Well thats a surprise.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:09 pm

so in other words, the capacity would be the same as it is now

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:28 pm

fill in the bloody corners, hate those gaping tunnels, only need one of them for the machinery to come in and out :old:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:35 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:fill in the bloody corners, hate those gaping tunnels, only need one of them for the machinery to come in and out :old:

didn't consider that, that could be another 3-4k filling 3 of the corners....simple enough. I think the only problem would be an escape route for wheelchairs users on each corner.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:46 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:fill in the bloody corners, hate those gaping tunnels, only need one of them for the machinery to come in and out :old:

we have the corners to get air in so the pitch stays in good condition they dont seem to be working

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:48 pm

a horse with no name wrote:

we have the corners to get air in so the pitch stays in good condition they dont seem to be working

if thats the only reason then I think we fill them NOW. lol.