Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE SEARCH FOR A KEEPER CONTINUES.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:11 pm

Chris Kirkland turned us down yesterday as he wants to fight for his place at Wigan, so the search goes on for another keeper for back up to heaton, as apparently Marshall has an elbow injury and is awaiting surgery.

Re: THE SEARCH FOR A KEEPER CONTINUES.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:11 pm

Heaton's a much better keeper anyway - Marshall is far, far too hesitant !

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:33 pm

Colin Doyle from Birmingham is the rumour at the moment.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:47 pm

victor valdes please dj :D

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:52 pm

The problem DJ has is that any keeper he tries to bring in knows that they will play second fiddle to Heaton, who is playing very well.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:57 pm

Should never have got rid of Alexander :laughing6:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:03 pm

carlccfc wrote:The problem DJ has is that any keeper he tries to bring in knows that they will play second fiddle to Heaton, who is playing very well.

Carl was this the news you were to confirm Thursday / friday ?

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:18 pm

The thing is though, if we get another keeper on loan its a loan space wasted :(

especially if we get another def

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:22 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Heaton's a much better keeper anyway - Marshall is far, far too hesitant !

Have to disagree dont rate Heaton i'm sorry. Too short,crap at kicking it etc etc. :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:41 pm

why dont he try to get alumunia from arsenal he would be very good at this leval

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:42 pm

Bowmonster wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Heaton's a much better keeper anyway - Marshall is far, far too hesitant !

Have to disagree dont rate Heaton i'm sorry. Too short,crap at kicking it etc etc. :ayatollah:

i agree with bowmonster heatons to short and his kick is abismal

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:59 pm

i like heaton, i think heaton is quite a good keeper to be fair but his kicking isn't the best.

he's probably the best keeper we've had for quite a few years though. :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:19 pm

What about getting Stuart Taylor back down here as back up...Where is he now ??

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:30 pm

carlccfc wrote:The problem DJ has is that any keeper he tries to bring in knows that they will play second fiddle to Heaton, who is playing very well.

Spot on with that comment Carl.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:42 pm

ben foster :lol:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:09 am

Heaton playing well ?

He's playing better than he was, but if we had a decent back-up he would have been dropped after the Stoke home game !

Wasn't he at fault with Tommo's equaliser at the near post again ?

Very dodgy on long shots, anyone remember McGugans goal for forest, the slip that let Watford back in the game ?

Too many people with rose coloured spectacles on here !

What we have is Hobsons choice, because Marshall is so poor and we can't get anyone else in !

Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:12 pm

The Trooper wrote:Heaton playing well ?

He's playing better than he was, but if we had a decent back-up he would have been dropped after the Stoke home game !

Wasn't he at fault with Tommo's equaliser at the near post again ?

Very dodgy on long shots, anyone remember McGugans goal for forest, the slip that let Watford back in the game ?

Too many people with rose coloured spectacles on here !

What we have is Hobsons choice, because Marshall is so poor and we can't get anyone else in !

Thommo's goal, blame Bothroyd - let his man go, free header.

McGugan - hmm, he's always scoring long shots. Must be a lot of crap keepers.

Slip? Anyone can slip. Hardly a hanging offence.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:45 pm

I think he's playing well he handled the high balls well last Tuesday

Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:21 am

nobby wrote:Chris Kirkland turned us down yesterday as he wants to fight for his place at Wigan, so the search goes on for another keeper for back up to heaton, as apparently Marshall has an elbow injury and is awaiting surgery.

The info i had about Kirkland turning us down seems to be right, and we have now made a second approach for him.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Tr ... 06871.html

Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:29 pm

nobby wrote:
nobby wrote:Chris Kirkland turned us down yesterday as he wants to fight for his place at Wigan, so the search goes on for another keeper for back up to heaton, as apparently Marshall has an elbow injury and is awaiting surgery.

The info i had about Kirkland turning us down seems to be right, and we have now made a second approach for him.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:34 pm

nobby wrote:
nobby wrote:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

GO Dai Go :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: