Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

stewards at 117

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:04 pm

why do we let a couple of stewards tell the entire f*cking block to sit us down? they;re a tad bit outnumbered dont you think.

Re: stewards at 117

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:10 pm

No loyalty from our fellow fans, and seemingly a lot of new people coming in and pissing everyone like you and me off.

At away matches, I'd trust city fans to help me if I got in bother.

At home, there's not a hope.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:11 pm

i f*cking would help ya fella....not being funny but us fans PAID, as in given money, the club for these tickets so we should stand. christ i swear we are run by commies from russia

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:20 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:No loyalty from our fellow fans, and seemingly a lot of new people coming in and pissing everyone like you and me off.

im in the 117 s.what you blaming other fans for!the stewards have been given the power by the club itself!i sing n dance when i want to,whatever you say to the top nobs,they wont listen.slagging other fans off on here,aint gonna help your concerns

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:23 pm

boxerbob wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:No loyalty from our fellow fans, and seemingly a lot of new people coming in and pissing everyone like you and me off.

im in the 117 s.what you blaming other fans for!the stewards have been given the power by the club itself!i sing n dance when i want to,whatever you say to the top nobs,they wont listen.slagging other fans off on here,aint gonna help your concerns

But it is the truth. 117/116 full of plastics who only sing when we score. Utter crap, I'd say at least 80% of the fans in 117/116 are NOT helpful to the cause AT ALL. They only support the team when they score/win.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:30 pm

littlebluebird wrote:
boxerbob wrote:

But it is the truth. 117/116 full of plastics who only sing when we score. Utter crap, I'd say at least 80% of the fans in 117/116 are NOT helpful to the cause AT ALL. They only support the team when they score/win.

in all fairness the plastics wont be on here to listen.i dont think it will change even if we get promoted

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:45 pm

its fustrating cause i said earlier...we paid for the tickets so we should stand if we choose to. :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:48 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:its fustrating cause i said earlier...we paid for the tickets so we should stand if we choose to. :ayatollah:

What if the one behind you who paid for a seat wants to sit down and watch the game? ;)

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:49 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:its fustrating cause i said earlier...we paid for the tickets so we should stand if we choose to. :ayatollah:

What if the one behind you who paid for a seat wants to sit down and watch the game? ;)

if theres a spare seat move otherwise tough shit :D

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:59 pm

I always find it quite amazing that the club is nothing without it's fans, yet the club don't listen to the fans and infact make the experience worse with the stewarding. Why doesn't everyone just stand up? What they going to do? Ban everyone?
Previous poster was right in that it's not down to the stadium itself, it's up to those in it. If 1000 away fans together can make it then surely 20,000 home fans should. Got to get everyone sitting together. Simples

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:01 pm

I get on with the stewards by me just fine. Sure they try and get us to sit down now and again but that's their job. Don't feel the need to have an argument with them like I have seen some people do.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:02 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

if theres a spare seat move otherwise tough shit :D

If you think its bad this year, wait until next year, the club are really going to enforce the rules and the stewards wont even have to get involved. They will identify you from the CCTV and next time you turn up your ticket will be blocked, watch this space, not saying I agree with it I love it going mental, just telling you how it is. :old:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:19 pm

That's the reason why I'm gonna be in 106 instead of 118 next season reluctantly as i like it where i am at the moment :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:40 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:why do we let a couple of stewards tell the entire f*cking block to sit us down? they;re a tad bit outnumbered dont you think.

Get some photos of them for me mate.

I'll see what I cAN DO.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:46 pm

What if the one behind you who paid for a seat wants to sit down and watch the game? ;)[/quote]

if theres a spare seat move otherwise tough shit :D[/quote]

If you think its bad this year, wait until next year, the club are really going to enforce the rules and the stewards wont even have to get involved. They will identify you from the CCTV and next time you turn up your ticket will be blocked, watch this space, not saying I agree with it I love it going mental, just telling you how it is. :old:[/quote]

The 'Rules' are non-existant really. Just a mish-mash of boshed 'regulations' that
are used as and when it suits. Man Utd fans stand at home games, they do not
have their allocations cut for away games. Cardiff City FC are doing everything
they can to turn the f*cking club into a rugby environment. For that reason alone
I'd like Hammam back as

"Atmospherics Director"

Get Macca and Glamorgan Security back.

f**k off Nash, f**k off Jenkins you pair of CoNTS

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:52 pm

Lads, I am currently in 117 and I asked the steward last night if there is a deliberate ploy of theirs to try to piss us off so we all move across to the Canton. He of course denied it but I reckon with the prospect of Premier league football for us next season they want to ensure that all of us who want to stand and sing do so in the Canton and not near the away fans. Whats your thoughts on this?

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:56 pm

They have pretty much forced me to the Canton Stand next season. I feel out of place singing in our own stadium. How sad is that

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:56 pm

WE STAND IN THE CANTON
YES WE STAND IN THE CANTONNNNNNNNN
STAND IN THE CANTONNNNNNNNNNN
YES WE STAND IN THE CANTONNNNNNNNN

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:06 pm

TERRYB wrote:Lads, I am currently in 117 and I asked the steward last night if there is a deliberate ploy of theirs to try to piss us off so we all move across to the Canton. He of course denied it but I reckon with the prospect of Premier league football for us next season they want to ensure that all of us who want to stand and sing do so in the Canton and not near the away fans. Whats your thoughts on this?

I have basically been told that mate. Also was mentioned that the club want families either side of the away fans when were in the Premiership....'A more family friendly atmosphere'.

Might indicate why a lot more families/kids are being recommended 117 etc as 'family friendly' areas of the ground, rather than the sold out FAMILY STAND.

It feels pretty shitty when you're clearly not wanted by your own club.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:13 pm

i stand at EVERY game and sing my guts out,its the only way.Isay "RIP THE f*cking SEATS OUT"!! then we all stand. :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:28 pm

troobloo wrote:i stand at EVERY game and sing my guts out,its the only way.Isay "RIP THE f*cking SEATS OUT"!! then we all stand. :lol: :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I wish that would work mate :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:46 pm

it's a tough one. i'm over in the canton at the moment, but im just left of the "unofficial" standing rows. so it all depends on who buys the tickets in front or behind us. we're in a block where people aren't quite sure what to do because we're half standing/half sitting. i invariably get stuck behind a 6footer standing up, but end up feeling guilty about standing so i sit down because i've usually got a small guy directly behind me sitting with his little kids.

however, it's doing my hamstrings and glutes the world of good spending 90 mins every other week doing squats non stop.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:50 pm

nickyh wrote:it's a tough one. i'm over in the canton at the moment, but im just left of the "unofficial" standing rows. so it all depends on who buys the tickets in front or behind us. we're in a block where people aren't quite sure what to do because we're half standing/half sitting. i invariably get stuck behind a 6footer standing up, but end up feeling guilty about standing so i sit down because i've usually got a small guy directly behind me sitting with his little kids.

however, it's doing my hamstrings and glutes the world of good spending 90 mins every other week doing squats non stop.

That's what is putting me off the canton mate, the lack of clarity - my parents got tickets there last night with a view to standing (row r, 105) and everyone was sitting :(

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:11 pm

you pay for your seat! which some people like to use you know ;)