Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Craig Bellamy to face disciplinary charges

Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:15 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28221651/

Does anyone know if there is any chance he can get suspended for this?
It seems crazy that by the time the case goes infront of the panel it would have been a month and a half since the Reading game :shock:

Re: Craig Bellamy to face disciplinary charges

Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:30 pm

2blue2handle wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/football-news/2011/02/23/craig-bellamy-to-face-disciplinary-charges-91466-28221651/

Does anyone know if there is any chance he can get suspended for this?
It seems crazy that by the time the case goes infront of the panel it would have been a month and a half since the Reading game :shock:

2Blue;

Yes CB can get suspended if he is found guilty of the charge and thats the reason he has asked for a personal hearing. I understand the process having spent many years involved with the administration of it and I can tell you he would of been informed of the likely punishment when he received the charge documents.

This gives the player the opportunity to accept the charge without any surprises when the punishment is dished out, the only reason he has asked for a hearing can be he was told there would be a suspension involved IMO that's the only reason he could possibly want a personal hearing. Craig of course has always had a problem with admiting any wrong doing but he is taking a chance here because he could have any suspension increased by a game if the panel find him guilty and think the hearing request was time wasting.

If he is found guilty he will likely miss Millwall away and possibly Barnsley at home afterwards, the panel could however find in his favour but we are talking Craig Bellamy here. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:34 pm

Ah cheers mate, interesting stuff. Lets hope he doesnt get a suspension but as you say it is Bellamy :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:06 pm

I think Bellers is Fooked, the reading player banned for 3 games, and the club gets a £45,00 fine, £io,ooo of which was for an unsucessful appeal??
Bellers destiny already seems done. 3 Game ban, and a fine for the club, maybe more as you "say" its Craig Bellamy...
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:14 pm

his knees will be well rested

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:10 pm

the reading player was banned for violent conduct. and the fine was for failure to control their players. i understand bellamy is being hit with a lesser charge so im expecting 2 games, but hopefully only 1

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:11 pm

paulh_85 wrote:the reading player was banned for violent conduct. and the fine was for failure to control their players. i understand bellamy is being hit with a lesser charge so im expecting 2 games, but hopefully only 1

i think 1 match ban will be the maximum as it was alledged improper

not violent
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: