Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FANS LEAVING EARLY

Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:17 pm

CONFUSES ME WHY FANS LEAVE EARLY
WE ARE CLOSE TO THE PREMIERSHIP , THE BOYS NEED THE SUPPORT UNTIL THE END. :ayatollah:
THIS SEASONS THERE SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN MORE VERY LATE GOALS THAN EVER.

LAST NIGHT PEOPLE BEHIND ME LEFT WITH 10 MINS TO GO , I HEARD THEM SAY IT WAS TO GET OUT OF THE CAR PARK EARLY.....

I THEN I LEFT MINUTES AFTER THE FINAL WHISTLE TO SEE THEM IN THE CAR TRYING TO GET OUT OF THE CAR PARK.
MORE THAN EVER THE BOYS NEED OUR VOICES UNTIL THE END. FOR SOME WE MAY NEVER HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF SEEING THEM IN THE PREMIERSHIP.............. :old:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: FANS LEAVING EARLY

Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:27 pm

It confuses me why people leave their seats early before half time.

No not really. I don't let other people's habits impinge on my life.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:27 pm

Not sure if its true but someone mentioned we have scored more late goals than anyone this season :o

I agree though, im in my seat having a heart attack praying for 3 points in games and people are leaving.....I just dont get it

Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:28 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Not sure if its true but someone mentioned we have scored more late goals than anyone this season :o

I agree though, im in my seat having a heart attack praying for 3 points in games and people are leaving.....I just dont get it

We have scored more early goals than anyone this season.

It's obvious why people leave early.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:29 pm

Yeah I read that on the BBC but someone elso said we scored more late goals as well.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:31 pm

I hate leaving games early but for the Reading game and last nights game i was working Nights so left with ten minutes to go, i had a choice either not go at all or go and watch 80 minutes, its better than watching none of the game i suppose.

Also my view on this is its up to the individual, they have paid their way and bought a ticket or season ticket so they can come and go as they please.

Moan about the fans that dont turn up first, then the ones who leave early.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:28 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Not sure if its true but someone mentioned we have scored more late goals than anyone this season :o

Surely Norwich have scored more late goals than anyone? They take the piss!

Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:35 pm

ALso QPR seem to score late a lot.... this is just what someone said at the footie (they were listening to the radio as well)
Could very well be wrong

Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:36 pm

ABLOCKBLUE wrote:CONFUSES ME WHY FANS LEAVE EARLY
WE ARE CLOSE TO THE PREMIERSHIP , THE BOYS NEED THE SUPPORT UNTIL THE END. :ayatollah:

LAST NIGHT PEOPLE BEHIND ME LEFT WITH 10 MINS TO GO , I HEARD THEM SAY IT WAS TO GET OUT OF THE CAR PARK EARLY.....

I THEN I LEFT MINUTES AFTER THE FINAL WHISTLE TO SEE THEM IN THE CAR TRYING TO GET OUT OF THE CAR PARK.
MORE THAN EVER THE BOYS NEED OUR VOICES UNTIL THE END. FOR SOME WE MAY NEVER HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF SEEING THEM IN THE PREMIERSHIP.............. :old:

i leave the top of the canton stand with two mins left, to go and stand next to the steps , still see final wistle, and still clap them.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:05 pm

CCFC- Bramhill wrote:

i leave the top of the canton stand with two mins left, to go and stand next to the steps , still see final wistle, and still clap them.

Same here :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:27 pm

I read last week that norwich have scored the most. 9 in total after 90 mins. Most cardiff goals come in the 1st 15 mins

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:51 pm

i got to be blunt about this but the post was about why people leave their seats early not the scoring statistics of other clubs.I think we should at least stay till the final whistle in my opinion that is supporting your team to the last.Away fans see this and word gets around i for one don't want to see the bluebirds ridiculed. :( :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:36 pm

I would never ever leave before the final whistle. I do a 300 mile round trip for every home game so its important for me to get my moneys worth. And I regard myself as a proper supporter.

I do however leave a few minutes early to get a pint at half time every other game. My mate does the same on alternate weeks. As you are probably aware, if you waited for the half time whistle you would not get served before the whistle's blown for the start of the second half. Its a terrible service.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:08 pm

i always leave smack on 90mins during mid week games if the game is on knife edge but leave earlier if game is in the bag because i work nights regular in tredegar and use 1.5 hours of my floating days everytime [also my 11 year old as school the next days]! .... watching cardiff always takes up one or two of my 5 floating days! ... hope this answers your question as we are not all in the same situation.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:11 pm

AHERNE wrote:i always leave smack on 90mins during mid week games if the game is on knife edge but leave earlier if game is in the bag because i work nights regular in tredegar and use 1.5 hours of my floating days everytime [also my 11 year old as school the next days]! .... watching cardiff always takes up one or two of my 5 floating days! ... hope this answers your question as we are not all in the same situation.

and tbh its the f**kers who arrive late for kick off piss me off more!

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:14 pm

nobby wrote:I hate leaving games early but for the Reading game and last nights game i was working Nights so left with ten minutes to go, i had a choice either not go at all or go and watch 80 minutes, its better than watching none of the game i suppose.

Also my view on this is its up to the individual, they have paid their way and bought a ticket or season ticket so they can come and go as they please.

Moan about the fans that dont turn up first, then the ones who leave early.

Good man :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:07 pm

AHERNE wrote:i always leave smack on 90mins during mid week games if the game is on knife edge but leave earlier if game is in the bag because i work nights regular in tredegar and use 1.5 hours of my floating days everytime [also my 11 year old as school the next days]! .... watching cardiff always takes up one or two of my 5 floating days! ... hope this answers your question as we are not all in the same situation.

fair do's mate anything like work,kids and other lifestyle things are always important.This by no means was a dig at shift workers or family fans but just a general opinion. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:22 pm

The obvious answer to this thread is why are you so concerned about what other people are doing with their time? I'm sure there are many different reason's why people leave early and in anycase they have turned up to support the Bluebirds and that's good enough for me.

I always leave early around the 89 minute mark because I have walking difficulties and I like to get out before the mad rush for exit stairs start.

However, the new stadium has plenty of HDTV’s and once I'm on the concourse I watch the last part of the game from there.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:09 pm

I left with 85 mins on the clock.

Last Tues against burnley night we stayed to the end (me and my 10 year old) but y=then took an hour to get out of the car park and then the m4 is shut by newport (live in chepstow)...and we didnt get home until gone 11.30

on a s at afternoon i can bear the hassle - but not on a week night with my lad...

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:12 pm

this thread gets posted every couple of weeks, it boring now, face the facts, people have to leave because, they have family commitments, etc, etc, etc, and i will take a guess at, we are not the only club it happens to?

Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:26 pm

ninianblue wrote:this thread gets posted every couple of weeks, it boring now, face the facts, people have to leave because, they have family commitments, etc, etc, etc, and i will take a guess at, we are not the only club it happens to?

^^^^^This :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:39 am

Yeah,and all those people who leave early at half time to get the drinks in, what about those who during the game go to the toilet at least 3 times
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:54 am

cwmbachbluebird wrote:
ninianblue wrote:this thread gets posted every couple of weeks, it boring now, face the facts, people have to leave because, they have family commitments, etc, etc, etc, and i will take a guess at, we are not the only club it happens to?

^^^^^This :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

^^^^^^ This too! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

They pay their money it's up to them.
The club needs our support right to the end agreed, however, they also need us to sing and chant throughout the game.
Do we though?

Nope!

No one has the right to make anyone sing or stay to the end. What I do know is this, slagging them off will not help at all. Encouragement might. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:22 am

I hate seeing fans leaving early, I always stay till the final whistle no matter how bad we're playing or being beaten.

But it's each to his own I suppose, you pay your money and it's up to you. :(