Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Shocking atmosphere again

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:42 pm

Was really bad last night, I really am starting to despair with it all, Theres periods of long extended silences. We dont support the team anymore other than when we score or are winning. Scunthorpe was very very poor and last night a massive game with us pushing for the premiership and after ALI shouted make some noise support the boys it was met with 5 minutes of silence. Its so bad i STArted thinking can i bothered with a season ticket next year, I will renew on reflection but I dont enjoy home games now and the sleepwalking coma fans we have become, rows and rows of even young fans clueless , old songs not being sung, not even for example one stand chanting to the other to do a song, the ayotollah is now RIP at home games, I could go on, for those of us trying to get it going I salute you all and we must keep going but sadly i really am despairing at the apathy and lack of chants on a weekly basis. We have become a club at home games that we always said will never be how manytimes have your mates said 'oh we'll never be like these other grounds we visit' but within 2 years we have. Everyone next home game lets try and get the place bouncing and show the passion we generate away

Re: Shocking atmosphere again

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:49 pm

I thought the ninian stand was good last night, out done the canton

Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:06 pm

What is this obsession with atmosphere? Let people support however they wish, if you want to sing, chant and be heard great. If you want to sit silent taking in the whole game and cheer when something motivates you, then fine.

Is football the only entertainment strand where the performers get motivated to do their best? You don't go to a comedy gig and massage the ego of the comedian to tell a good joke, you sit, listen and if he performs well you laugh. You go to the theatre an ensemble cast perform and they may get a standing ovation.

Therefore why is it to peoples annoyance that others sit silent until some overpaid prima dona actually does something to deserve a cheer or a chant.

Could we have anymore threads about the same thing. Also I have sat behind both goals and the family stand is no more empty than the Canton Stand so before we moan about season ticket holders NOT turning up in the Family Stand can we get the empty seats in the Canton filled.

Back on the atmosphere front. Silent fans cannot get quieter, perhaps it's the two singing sections that need to look at themselves in respects to variety of songs, and the lack of gusto with which they sing.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:46 pm

all just go in the canton it will be exactly like an away atmosphere ! simple as !

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:01 pm

We try every game in the canton,gettin less n less people joinin in every week.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:11 pm

i didnt go last night, first home game i missed in 2 years, but just couldnt be bothered with the souless atmosphere and negative fans. Im starting to wish we were back in the lower leagues with only our passionate fans supporting us.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:19 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:Was really bad last night, I really am starting to despair with it all, Theres periods of long extended silences. We dont support the team anymore other than when we score or are winning. Scunthorpe was very very poor and last night a massive game with us pushing for the premiership and after ALI shouted make some noise support the boys it was met with 5 minutes of silence. Its so bad i STArted thinking can i bothered with a season ticket next year, I will renew on reflection but I dont enjoy home games now and the sleepwalking coma fans we have become, rows and rows of even young fans clueless , old songs not being sung, not even for example one stand chanting to the other to do a song, the ayotollah is now RIP at home games, I could go on, for those of us trying to get it going I salute you all and we must keep going but sadly i really am despairing at the apathy and lack of chants on a weekly basis. We have become a club at home games that we always said will never be how manytimes have your mates said 'oh we'll never be like these other grounds we visit' but within 2 years we have. Everyone next home game lets try and get the place bouncing and show the passion we generate away

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:04 pm

murphy wrote:i didnt go last night, first home game i missed in 2 years, but just couldnt be bothered with the souless atmosphere and negative fans. Im starting to wish we were back in the lower leagues with only our passionate fans supporting us.

glad im not alone in my thoughts !!! As one poster even put earlier its getting worse in the Canton, the tension/worry factor may be a factor but im not sure

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:12 pm

Wayne S wrote:What is this obsession with atmosphere? Let people support however they wish, if you want to sing, chant and be heard great. If you want to sit silent taking in the whole game and cheer when something motivates you, then fine.

Is football the only entertainment strand where the performers get motivated to do their best? You don't go to a comedy gig and massage the ego of the comedian to tell a good joke, you sit, listen and if he performs well you laugh. You go to the theatre an ensemble cast perform and they may get a standing ovation.

Therefore why is it to peoples annoyance that others sit silent until some overpaid prima dona actually does something to deserve a cheer or a chant.

Could we have anymore threads about the same thing. Also I have sat behind both goals and the family stand is no more empty than the Canton Stand so before we moan about season ticket holders NOT turning up in the Family Stand can we get the empty seats in the Canton filled.

Back on the atmosphere front. Silent fans cannot get quieter, perhaps it's the two singing sections that need to look at themselves in respects to variety of songs, and the lack of gusto with which they sing.

Been a City fan long mate? :? :banghead:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:58 pm

There was nothing wrong with the atmosphere last night, It was a cold Tuesday night.... What did you expect?

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:18 pm

Was really bad last night, I really am starting to despair with it all, Theres periods of long extended silences. We dont support the team anymore other than when we score or are winning. Scunthorpe was very very poor and last night a massive game with us pushing for the premiership and after ALI shouted make some noise support the boys it was met with 5 minutes of silence. Its so bad i STArted thinking can i bothered with a season ticket next year, I will renew on reflection but I dont enjoy home games now and the sleepwalking coma fans we have become, rows and rows of even young fans clueless , old songs not being sung, not even for example one stand chanting to the other to do a song, the ayotollah is now RIP at home games, I could go on, for those of us trying to get it going I salute you all and we must keep going but sadly i really am despairing at the apathy and lack of chants on a weekly basis. We have become a club at home games that we always said will never be how manytimes have your mates said 'oh we'll never be like these other grounds we visit' but within 2 years we have. Everyone next home game lets try and get the place bouncing and show the passion we generate away

Sorry earlier I posted your post instead of this reply:

Anyway I love Cardiff City FC iv got Blue Blood in my veins like most Die-Hards. Next season no matter what devision we are in i'll try to do every away game, hopefully no less than 18, wich means I will sea the City play no less than 18 times, 0 at home. I feking loath CCS and all the pomp that goes with it, Ok times have changed and football has moved on, From the moment of entry with that computerized turnstyle is a downer to start, but the way things have developed at the City is feking larrrrrf-able, granted with new success comes new support and its obvious CCFC hasnt delt with this scinario wisely or with longterm fans in mind, We were there for the club when they needed us, or needed our cash upfront and fannied us with Ambassador'ism and we all fell for it, My opinion is that all us Fans that bought Grangend season tickets should have been catered for at the CCS, As the Grangend was as important to us as the Kop is to Anfield, Im set in my ways and right or rong cant except being told to Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh by new wave fans when i join a chant, and as for putting away support next to the family stand is such a feking an egg chasing scenario it hurts, CCFC are guilty of taking the money from all types of Fan wether old school , new wave Fan or family fans and just given us a seat No, Yes times have changed but not that Feking much, or has it? iv been slated of late for making a couple vids i made in regards to the scum on both MB's, Well i dont give a sh'te what anyone says or thinks I HATE swansea city till I die, and anyone who slates me for it is a jack, not too long ago anyone who gave a cardiff fan stick for piss taking swansea would have been annhialated by all on either MB, Truth is the Goodie two shoes have almost taken over the full caboodle, What CCFC need to realise is that suporters likes myself and the old school would still support the City even if the bubble burst, As it goes one of the originel sleeping Giants (HOPEFULLY) is about to awaken, But i think the Club should remmember not to take for granted our recent success, by forgeting who was there when the Club needed us, its a funny old game' one demotion and you will need all the old school/ soul crew/ undesierables ex ex the Club can get, as it goes im commited to half dozen home games this season, but next seaon id have spent £000s on whaching the City and not one peny would have gone to the regime that Nocked me, (Familey Stand????.ha ha ha) Apart from one very small section of CCS , The whole place is the Family stand. And make no mistake,if Cardiff do hopefully go up come may, All the old school/chanters and singers will be even less welcome than we are now. Away gams only for me next season!!!! o yeh, :P i cant type so dont remind smart ar,,s

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:18 pm

Dont know where you sit but thought the Ninian was good last night. Could'nt hear the Canton much maybe quieter than normal. But on a cold Tuesday night in Feb not bad I thought,