Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

STICKY - February 24 Update 2015

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:38 pm

There have been some interesting developments coming out of the Cedar tree stadium this week and thought I'd share what I can with you:

The actual crowd for the recent Barcelona match was 89,678 as two thousand of the Merseyside supporters club were held up by customs at Cardiffs Darcey Blake airport.

Didier Drogba has publically apologised to fans for not doing the :ayatollah: after being replaced by Lionel Messi, he said in a statement "I'm sorry butt"

Some of you may be aware there was a minor disturbance in the Gavin Rae stand in our pre season friendly against Brazil, this was due to a number of the ambassadors not being given their lobster sandwiches on time. This has now been sorted out and in a statement chief steward Jason Koumas said "it's sorted, heads have rolled"

After some initial ground work a benefit match involving our reserves has been diarised for mid June, in support of raising monies for the now defunct Swansea City. A collection for the fund was held during the match against Arsenal for the fund and 75 pence was raised, thanks to a generous contribution from Baz from Islington.

Tickets for the return leg at Barcelona will be available to members of the Gold ambassadors scheme, all 7000 tickets are expected to go and are reasonably priced at £456 each which also includes a half time sausage roll. Hopefully we'll continue our good form and build on our 3-0 lead thanks to a Lee Naylor hatrick.

Some of the older heads on here may remember Annis Abraham, who still states he started this forum despite what Carl Curtis says. Well those of you who know The Reverand Abraham will know that he switched alleigances to rugby when Cardiff started playing regularly in the champions league and is now the president of Glamorgan Wanderers. Annis will be a guest of Cardiff City for our match against Lyon and has promissed to attend as long as the Wanderers match against Treorchy isn't reschedulled for that night.

Stadium tours will continue with stadium tour guide Alan Tate after they were stopped for a few weeks due to a member of the Cardiff City supporters club from Greenland dropping a 'Robin Friday' in the away team bath. In a statement Alan said "It was horrible it stunk"

Supporters in the Lee Baddley stand will be pleased to hear that their heated seats have now been repaired and a free 50p voucher for the club shop will be given to those affected.

Despite the rumours Wales will continue to play their fixtures at the Cedar tree stadium after the recent shananigans by Scottish supporters in removing the statue of Super Kevin McNaughton and dressing it in drag. In a statement the chairman of the Scottish supporters association said something I couldn't understand.

Cardiff City team coach driver Dai Hunt has just taken delivery of the teams new Volvo £895k luxury coach and in a statement said "Jay........................Jay..........................Jay....................................Jay...............................Jay"

Despite rumours John Terry will not be leaving Cardiff City for champions league rivals Halifax and said in a statement "I am happy to stay especially as Paul Parry and his wife have settled back in to the area" Some of you may know Paul is now working for Asda down the bay and is good freinds with the Parrys.

For those of you who missed the 50/50 draw against Abu Dhabi Manchester the winning number was 479 and the prize £247,965. Enough petrol money for a year isn't to be sneezed at.

:ayatollah:

Re: STICKY - February 24 Update 2015

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:48 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fair play to you Rita - very good! :lol:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:54 pm

Rita Pidsdale wrote:There have been some interesting developments coming out of the Cedar tree stadium this week and thought I'd share what I can with you:

The actual crowd for the recent Barcelona match was 89,678 as two thousand of the Merseyside supporters club were held up by customs at Cardiffs Darcey Blake airport.

Didier Drogba has publically apologised to fans for not doing the :ayatollah: after being replaced by Lionel Messi, he said in a statement "I'm sorry butt"

Some of you may be aware there was a minor disturbance in the Gavin Rae stand in our pre season friendly against Brazil, this was due to a number of the ambassadors not being given their lobster sandwiches on time. This has now been sorted out and in a statement chief steward Jason Koumas said "it's sorted, heads have rolled"

After some initial ground work a benefit match involving our reserves has been diarised for mid June, in support of raising monies for the now defunct Swansea City. A collection for the fund was held during the match against Arsenal for the fund and 75 pence was raised, thanks to a generous contribution from Baz from Islington.

Tickets for the return leg at Barcelona will be available to members of the Gold ambassadors scheme, all 7000 tickets are expected to go and are reasonably priced at £456 each which also includes a half time sausage roll. Hopefully we'll continue our good form and build on our 3-0 lead thanks to a Lee Naylor hatrick.

Some of the older heads on here may remember Annis Abraham, who still states he started this forum despite what Carl Curtis says. Well those of you who know The Reverand Abraham will know that he switched alleigances to rugby when Cardiff started playing regularly in the champions league and is now the president of Glamorgan Wanderers. Annis will be a guest of Cardiff City for our match against Lyon and has promissed to attend as long as the Wanderers match against Treorchy isn't reschedulled for that night.

Stadium tours will continue with stadium tour guide Alan Tate after they were stopped for a few weeks due to a member of the Cardiff City supporters club from Greenland dropping a 'Robin Friday' in the away team bath. In a statement Alan said "It was horrible it stunk"

Supporters in the Lee Baddley stand will be pleased to hear that their heated seats have now been repaired and a free 50p voucher for the club shop will be given to those affected.

Despite the rumours Wales will continue to play their fixtures at the Cedar tree stadium after the recent shananigans by Scottish supporters in removing the statue of Super Kevin McNaughton and dressing it in drag. In a statement the chairman of the Scottish supporters association said something I couldn't understand.

Cardiff City team coach driver Dai Hunt has just taken delivery of the teams new Volvo £895k luxury coach and in a statement said "Jay........................Jay..........................Jay....................................Jay...............................Jay"

Despite rumours John Terry will not be leaving Cardiff City for champions league rivals Halifax and said in a statement "I am happy to stay especially as Paul Parry and his wife have settled back in to the area" Some of you may know Paul is now working for Asda down the bay and is good freinds with the Parrys.

For those of you who missed the 50/50 draw against Abu Dhabi Manchester the winning number was 479 and the prize £247,965. Enough petrol money for a year isn't to be sneezed at.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:03 pm

brilliant :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:16 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bring on Abu Dhabi Manchester :ayatollah:

What time is the forum bus leaving for the Liverpool cowboys game

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:54 pm

This should be a sticky, its effing brilliant :D

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:20 pm

i enjoyed that :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:13 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:36 pm

Cant help feeling a little dejected as Carl gets many more thanks than me :(

I was hoping to get my crystal ball out on a two or three week basis and give you simillar updates.

Shall I bother ?

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:53 pm

Excellent!

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:54 pm

Rita Pidsdale wrote:Cardiff City team coach driver Dai Hunt has just taken delivery of the teams new Volvo £895k luxury coach and in a statement said "Jay........................Jay..........................Jay....................................Jay...............................Jay"

A brilliant post all round but the bit above just cracked me up.

Fair play to you mate, I'd love to see more of the same. :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:58 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:
Rita Pidsdale wrote:Cardiff City team coach driver Dai Hunt has just taken delivery of the teams new Volvo £895k luxury coach and in a statement said "Jay........................Jay..........................Jay....................................Jay...............................Jay"

A brilliant post all round but the bit above just cracked me up.

Fair play to you mate, I'd love to see more of the same. :lol: :ayatollah:

it's years now since I have had the 'pleasure' of sitting by him, I take it he hasn't changed then.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:04 pm

Rita Pidsdale wrote:There have been some interesting developments coming out of the Cedar tree stadium this week and thought I'd share what I can with you:

quality :ayatollah: :ayatollah: