Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" SO BOYS TELL ME.. "

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:20 am

What's the secret to beating Leicester City?

I was very impressed with your result last night as I would of said on form I would of gone for a draw or possibly an away win.

What did you feel was the major factor in beating your opposition & how did you keep Yakubu quiet?

Another clean sheet as well, you really are in contention now for an auto spot, seems you've hit form at the right time.

Reason i ask is that Leicester are our next opponents at home & its a game I'm a little worried about, but should I be? Well we are QPR we're masters at messing most things up but this might just be our year.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Re: SO BOYS TELL ME..

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:24 am

Stan-QPR wrote:What's the secret to beating Leicester City?

I was very impressed with your result last night as I would of said on form I would of gone for a draw or possibly an away win.

What did you feel was the major factor in beating your opposition & how did you keep Yakubu quiet?

Another clean sheet as well, you really are in contention now for an auto spot, seems you've hit form at the right time.

Reason i ask is that Leicester are our next opponents at home & its a game I'm a little worried about, but should I be? Well we are QPR we're masters at messing most things up but this might just be our year.

they good passing in triangles so really your team needs to get in there faces, and yakubu was man marked by hudson and didn't get a sniff he not that good in the air to be honest. i am sure qpr will beat Leicester

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:24 am

the yak was wank, hudson had him in his pocket all night. Also oli had a great game, i think you'll miss derry big time cos u need to keep an eye on andy king making l8 runs in the box. i would pump crosses in the box as their gk is tiny and flaps like fook!!

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:25 am

IsThatUJohnWayne wrote:the yak was wank, hudson had him in his pocket all night. Also oli had a great game, i think you'll miss derry big time cos u need to keep an eye on andy king making l8 runs in the box. i would pump crosses in the box as their gk is tiny and flaps like fook!!

good point that king was nitemare at the start but if you can get someone on him its helps lol and keeper your right was shocking

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:35 am

Thanx lads.

Interesting about man marking Yak & him not being good in the air as last night Neil Warnock to the bold decision to drop both of our centre half's & replaced them with Danny Shittu & Fitz Hall who I must say were absolutely outstanding, totally bullied Jason Scotland & the Wickham lad so them to up against Yak I would fancy us.

The poster who said about us missing Derry to counter Andy King, why would we miss Derry mate? He's not up for a suspension as far as I know & is fit?

23 you said about pumping balls into the box, with Wayne Routledge & Adel Taarabt they're keeper will have plenty to do on that front.

Rangers fans believe 6 more wins and a few draws will be enough to get us up, you guys may need to win 9 /10 of your last 13 going by other teams results lately. Are you confident?

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:36 am

They are a very good side and the first goal will be the key, against your lot i hope they get it :D They are definitely beatable but i'm not going to tell you how to do it and agree with other posters Hudson had Yakubu in his pocket :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:39 am

Stan-QPR wrote:Thanx lads.

Interesting about man marking Yak & him not being good in the air as last night Neil Warnock to the bold decision to drop both of our centre half's & replaced them with Danny Shittu & Fitz Hall who I must say were absolutely outstanding, totally bullied Jason Scotland & the Wickham lad so them to up against Yak I would fancy us.

The poster who said about us missing Derry to counter Andy King, why would we miss Derry mate? He's not up for a suspension as far as I know & is fit?

23 you said about pumping balls into the box, with Wayne Routledge & Adel Taarabt they're keeper will have plenty to do on that front.

Rangers fans believe 6 more wins and a few draws will be enough to get us up, you guys may need to win 9 /10 of your last 13 going by other teams results lately. Are you confident?

if you can do what we did last night you could get least 3.0 again Leicester stan ( not that i want you to win 3.0 :lol: ) :D :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:48 am

hasnt derry picked up his 10th yellow?

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:What's the secret to beating Leicester City?

Was the Yak playing?!! Leicester looked pretty sharp for 25 mins and we on top and should have scored, but as soon as we scored we didn't look back. It'll be interesting to see how you boys do this weekend.

In response to your other question, I think we need 9 wins to go up automatically, but even then it's tight. I think you need at least 7, but if we beat you it could be squeaky bum time for you too!

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:33 pm

Cheers lads.

All yellow cards were wiped on the 1st of January so only bookings after that point will go towards a ban. Off the top of my nut I think Derry only has 2 so he could be the man to mark King.

I agree you wouldn't want us to beat Leicester for obvious reasons but we are doing ok & at home I'm always confident.

The fact the Jacks are churning out results every damn week I think they will be in contention till the very end unfortunately. Imagine losing out on an auto spot to them?!! I'm saying nothing.

Our next game is Boro away which is a notoriously bad ground for us so I'm a little sceptical but as I've always maintained draws away & wins at home & you won't be far off promotion.

Who's your next 2 games? Also our meeting at the CCS really is gearing up to be the proverbial promotion 6 pointer.

Cannae waiiit :D

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:39 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Thanx lads.

Stan, if QPR only need another 6 wins and a few draws then we only need another 8 wins and a few draws as we are only 6 points (ie 2 wins) behind you so I don't see how you say that we need 9 or 10 wins. Also, don't be fooled by our result against Leicester. They are a very good side who dominated possession against us and at times we were like the away team counter attacking....though with Taraabt and Routledge that might suit you too. The truth is there isn't very much to choose between the top 9 or 10 teams in our league and with a couple of slip ups from QPR you would be back in the mix too. Like Dave Jones said....there are a lot of twists and turns to come yet.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:47 pm

Good post moon.

Firstly the reason I said you guys may need 3 more wins than us is simply down to the fact that we've only lost 3 times all season where you have lost what 9 or 10? Could you let me know, and I simply was using that as an average with regards to you could still lose a few more. Not to say that we won't mate I'm sure we will.

As you say playing counter attacking football would suit us as we break very very quick & have the players to do the damage.

You are right their is lots of twists & turns yet, but for you to catch us you would need to win 3 & us lose 2 to overtake us it could happen but if I was honest I can't see it. We've been consistent all season & have only not been top on 2 separate weeks of the whole season. But again we're QPR we're masters at f*cking shit up! :lol:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:53 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:You are right their is lots of twists & turns yet, but for you to catch us you would need to win 3 & us lose 2 to overtake us it could happen but if I was honest I can't see it. We've been consistent all season & have only not been top on 2 separate weeks of the whole season. But again we're QPR we're masters at f*cking shit up! :lol:

I wouldn't take anything for granted in this division. I wouldn't put it past you to f**k it up but I'm not even going to consider us being the ones to catch you. Right now, anyone from the top six could do it. I think it will be QPR and Nottingham Forest but that's because I don't want to jinx us. Who knows? It's so unpredictable and f*cking exciting.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:00 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Cheers lads.

All yellow cards were wiped on the 1st of January so only bookings after that point will go towards a ban. Off the top of my nut I think Derry only has 2 so he could be the man to mark King.

I agree you wouldn't want us to beat Leicester for obvious reasons but we are doing ok & at home I'm always confident.

The fact the Jacks are churning out results every damn week I think they will be in contention till the very end unfortunately. Imagine losing out on an auto spot to them?!! I'm saying nothing.

Our next game is Boro away which is a notoriously bad ground for us so I'm a little sceptical but as I've always maintained draws away & wins at home & you won't be far off promotion.

Who's your next 2 games? Also our meeting at the CCS really is gearing up to be the proverbial promotion 6 pointer.

Cannae waiiit :D

Stan;

There was an amnesty of the 5 card suspension at the end of December but there is still a suspension for hitting 10 / 15 bookings this season, and that will include all bookings up until 31st December. Derry has beem booked 10 times this season but one was in a cup game so I don't know if that will count towards the League, but 1 more booking in the League will result in a 2 game ban and thats for certain. Ask Charlie Adam he got his 10th last night.

On Leicester the played 4-5-1 and as the Yak was dealt with by another good Hudson performance and their spare midfield player didn't seem interested in trying to get forward we beat them with a little to spare. I think Leicester are better than the team we saw last night but I think they will be equally afraid of QPR as they seemed they were of us, but as I say I don't think we saw the best of them last night.

I hope they don't best you aw we need to keep the gap on teams chasing a playoff spot and although everyone says there are no easy games in the Championship we both have an easier run in than say Forest who have a ball breaking run of games coming up.

I would much rather Leeds turn the Jacks over than see Leicester beat you lot, predictable I know but why change the habits of a lifetime :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:01 pm

or we could win 3 and qpr could draw 3 would prob be more realistic..

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:01 pm

Zabier, if you wanted me to be really honest, I'm sorry to say it & I don't mean to sound like a shit stirrer but I honestly think its gonna be the Jacks as the main threat to top spot or even 2nd, they just seem to be winning very regularly & are going about their business in a quiet fashion as everyone watches us you & Forest.

I don't rate Forest if I'm honest, they didn't look anything special at our place we just didn't perform. You boys as I've said all along have the best squad in the division & seem to be on a good run at the minute minus Forest away, Norwich are efficient but don't think they have legs to see the job out & same with Leeds.

So as I see it the final table will be very very close but as I say the Jacks are worrying me now as their not dropping points.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:08 pm

Cheers castle & cardiff 2 good posts there.

Didn't realise that was the koo with the bookings. Interesting one. We would defo miss Derry.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:13 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Cheers castle & cardiff 2 good posts there.

Didn't realise that was the koo with the bookings. Interesting one. We would defo miss Derry.

if there is only a 3point gap time we play,the team with the bigger balls will win that day!i thought qpr would have gone down the league by now,but you've proved me wrong!

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:18 pm

It was quite an even game to be fair. We were lucky we scored when we did and the circumstances it was in but credit to DJ and the lads from that point we never looked like losing. Yakubu did not have a bad game. However they couldnt play their usual game. Hudson was class but when Yakubu did have the ball held up, he couldnt play it to Andy King to run forward as Oli would be there stopping it. Great work together from the midfield and defence won us that game. If you stop Andy King and Gallagher then I believe you will stop Leicester. Great to see.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:21 pm

Stan,

I think we might give you a run for the title of 'MASTERS OF f**k UPS'
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:22 pm

Its simple really, what you need to do is get a Hudson, Keinan, Quinn and defo a McNaughton and add a little Aaron Ramsey.

Simple.....

Oh and if your Jay Bothroyd is acting lazy bring on a BEAST!!!

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:23 pm

Sounds like your boys put in a real workmanship like performance last night.

What's surprised me most is your defence seems to have really sorted themselves out. Of course with your attacking players you have all the ingredients of a top side.

I really hope it doesn't go to the wire, yes its all very exciting but I just want it over. Being top all season & to then f*ck it up would be a travesty. I think we have a good mentality though so my glass is more than half full.
Honestly though the Jacks are like a bad smell they just won't go away.. Worried about them tbh.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:27 pm

Warnock will not let you bottle it. One of the managers I would want in a run in like what we are heading in to

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:28 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Sounds like your boys put in a real workmanship like performance last night.

What's surprised me most is your defence seems to have really sorted themselves out. Of course with your attacking players you have all the ingredients of a top side.

I really hope it doesn't go to the wire, yes its all very exciting but I just want it over. Being top all season & to then f*ck it up would be a travesty. I think we have a good mentality though so my glass is more than half full.
Honestly though the Jacks are like a bad smell they just won't go away.. Worried about them tbh.

The only thing we can all do is win our own games. The jacks will hopefully fack themselves up. They really are riding their luck....as well as their sisters
:ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:31 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Sounds like your boys put in a real workmanship like performance last night.

I honestly don't fear Jacks, thats not biased just my opinion. I said in December Forest would be a problem and I am still waiting for you lads to go on a bad run. We will be there at the death without question. Exciting times :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:10 pm

Don't wait to long for us to go on a bad run geez it might be to late for you by then ;)

We lost 3 over xmas & new year & that's our losses for the whole season I don't expect us to crumble now as the other poster said Warnock won't have it. Dropping our 2 centre backs last night who have had 16 clean sheets to play 2 CB's who have never played with each other shows what he's all about he will not put up with any slackness. I admire him for that.

Its gonna be a tight run in. Who are your next 2 games? We have Boro away & Leicester at home if we can get 4 points from those I'd be delighted to be honest.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:26 pm

Stan. You should come to the Ninian pub before our fixture? I'm sure ull be surprisingly welcomed.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:03 pm

baseboy007 wrote:Stan. You should come to the Ninian pub before our fixture? I'm sure ull be surprisingly welcomed.

What's your idea of welcoming a cockney into your boozer.... A cider bottle wrapped around the back of my swede! :lol:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:07 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:
baseboy007 wrote:Stan. You should come to the Ninian pub before our fixture? I'm sure ull be surprisingly welcomed.

What's your idea of welcoming a cockney into your boozer.... A cider bottle wrapped around the back of my swede! :lol:

To be honest, you've actually turned into a sensible poster which is a suprise when considering your first dozen or so posts!

Stan do the :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:19 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Don't wait to long for us to go on a bad run geez it might be to late for you by then ;)

We lost 3 over xmas & new year & that's our losses for the whole season I don't expect us to crumble now as the other poster said Warnock won't have it. Dropping our 2 centre backs last night who have had 16 clean sheets to play 2 CB's who have never played with each other shows what he's all about he will not put up with any slackness. I admire him for that.

Its gonna be a tight run in. Who are your next 2 games? We have Boro away & Leicester at home if we can get 4 points from those I'd be delighted to be honest.

hull and Ipswich we got :ayatollah: