Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Parking ticket spoiled my night!!

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:37 pm

My own fault I know! But FFS I checked there was no parking zone lines for permit holders! GGGGRRRR!!!!

Great win, and Parkins backheel was world class! :lol:
:ayatollah:

Re: Parking ticket spoiled my night!!

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:38 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:My own fault I know! But FFS I checked there was no parking zone lines for permit holders! GGGGRRRR!!!!

you leave the village and look what happens :lol:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:41 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:My own fault I know! But FFS I checked there was no parking zone lines for permit holders! GGGGRRRR!!!!

If it's not a ticket from the police, I would ignore it. You will get a few threatening letters over the next 3/4 months but don't answer any of them.

Worked for me against our last game at home to West Brom. ;) :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:49 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:

If it's not a ticket from the police, I would ignore it. You will get a few threatening letters over the next 3/4 months but don't answer any of them.

Cheers Uncle F will do! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:53 pm

my dad got one and my brother. they are from cardiff council so dont think you can get away with it.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:31 am

a horse with no name wrote:my dad got one and my brother. they are from cardiff council so dont think you can get away with it.

ive had 2 off the council one just before xmas and one a few weeks ago.
bastards :twisted:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:13 am

Uncle Fester wrote:

Actually, you take a BIG gamble by ignoring. The company that runs this effective 'scam' are very good at what they do and your fine will potentially accumulate to a much higher final fee....

Only saying, as there seem to be a lot of Barrack room Lawyers on here ready to give 'Feck Em' advice when it's not their rears on the line....

Ultimately up to you though....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:40 am

where did you park?

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:41 pm

my mate perret got one too, check the signs they have changed from no parking 8am - 6pm to 10pm crafty bastards, where the f**k are we supposed to park

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:51 pm

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/fo ... e-unlawful

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/bargains-a ... age_id=512

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclai ... et-appeals

HTH. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:10 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:

Actually, you take a BIG gamble by ignoring. The company that runs this effective 'scam' are very good at what they do and your fine will potentially accumulate to a much higher final fee....

Only saying, as there seem to be a lot of Barrack room Lawyers on here ready to give 'Feck Em' advice when it's not their rears on the line....

Ultimately up to you though....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Actually it's your advice which the debt collection agencies (or in house debt collecting departments) thrive on as they rely wholly on the fear factor to recover small amounts (rule of thumb amounts under £5,000)

They will never take you to court because that would involve them paying upfront fees which can reach £300 to £400 (when enforcement costs are added) and that makes no economic sense as they have no idea of your circumstances, ability to pay or even whether you actually reside at the address they have for you.

The worst that can happen is that they will plague you with letters threatening 'doorstep collectors' 'possible court action' or even letters from bogus solicitor firms for about 4 to 5 months before giving up.