Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

hudson and quinn

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:27 pm

tonight they both proved a point. Mc naughton is amazing we know that lol but hudson has improved considerably over the past few months and is a rock at the back. quinn on the other hand has been the missing link throughout the season. our defence is something we can rely on for the rest of the season even when the going gets tough. well done lads :ayatollah:

Re: hudson and quinn

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:34 pm

People sat by me were slagging off Paul Quinn and I was like "REALLY?!"

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:40 pm

i love paul quinn. :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:41 pm

milly44 wrote:i love paul quinn. :ayatollah:

and i love you xxxx goodnight sweetie :D

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:42 pm

That was one of Paul Quinn's best games, very good going forward.

hes a no nonsense defender i love it, just what we needed. slagging quinn off? how many games they been to? :lol:

quinn was outstanding tonight :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:49 pm

quinn will be a big part of our promotion push...if only he was added into the starting 11 a bit earlier...we may have saved a few more points

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:01 am

our defence has been decent since bringing in keinan and getting rid of that plonker naylor. jus need our midfield abit tougher and not so lightweight and our strikers to practice finishing more chances n we will go up.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:04 am

a horse with no name wrote:our defence has been decent since bringing in keinan and getting rid of that plonker naylor. jus need our midfield abit tougher and not so lightweight and our strikers to practice finishing more chances n we will go up.

keinan has been a good singing. but bringing quinn into the team has made a huge difference. no nonsence defender who is very organised, attacks from time to time and can actually run.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:51 am

Quinn plays class all the time good going forward aswell well done Quinn :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:54 am

PhatFrog wrote:People sat by me were slagging off Paul Quinn and I was like "REALLY?!"

He is class

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:33 am

Quinn last year couldn't pass to one of our own and caused a lot of trouble/goals amongst the defence (not that it took much). This season he's been a bloody saviour. More or less him and Darcy Blake have been opposites, Darcy this year can't pass the ball to someone on his own team for love nor money, again a totally different player to the back end of last season. My opinion is that Quinn has, despite the few cock ups last year, so far been worth the £400,000 we paid for him given the run he's had within the team, he's been brilliant. We'd be better off getting rid of Blake for that amount of money and just be done with it. Quinn I think myself will improve under a decent(ish) centre pairing, Darcy just isn't good enough for the championship, he's more than a liability. Darcy's mental and spatial awareness just isn't there neither is his will power for off the field problems. Quinn looks like he knows what's going on during a game and to be fair to him has looked hell of a lot more clued up than Darcy has. My opinion anyway.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:18 am

Peely CCFC PT wrote:Quinn last year couldn't pass to one of our own and caused a lot of trouble/goals amongst the defence (not that it took much). This season he's been a bloody saviour. More or less him and Darcy Blake have been opposites, Darcy this year can't pass the ball to someone on his own team for love nor money, again a totally different player to the back end of last season. My opinion is that Quinn has, despite the few cock ups last year, so far been worth the £400,000 we paid for him given the run he's had within the team, he's been brilliant. We'd be better off getting rid of Blake for that amount of money and just be done with it. Quinn I think myself will improve under a decent(ish) centre pairing, Darcy just isn't good enough for the championship, he's more than a liability. Darcy's mental and spatial awareness just isn't there neither is his will power for off the field problems. Quinn looks like he knows what's going on during a game and to be fair to him has looked hell of a lot more clued up than Darcy has. My opinion anyway.

i agree with your quinn comments, i think last season he was ok from time to time when he did play but this season he has made a big improvement and i have no worries regarding our defenece. in fairness i think you should give darcy bit more credit. he came on against swansea and done one hell of a job as left back. he isnt getting the run out he did last season but he is still someone who you can rely on when we need to bring him on. but he does have his off games more than most.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:26 am

I love the little run that quinn makes , and to be fair he do have some good pace about him and its runs like that can make big problems or the other teams. Good on you Quinn

Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:00 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:I love the little run that quinn makes , and to be fair he do have some good pace about him and its runs like that can make big problems or the other teams. Good on you Quinn

the only word to describe quinn is....ANIMAL!!

Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:09 pm

We now have a first choice defence that will take us up although I was disappointed to see Naylor on the bench last match.
He needs to be kept well away from the squad!

Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:42 pm

Peely CCFC PT wrote:Quinn last year couldn't pass to one of our own and caused a lot of trouble/goals amongst the defence (not that it took much). This season he's been a bloody saviour. More or less him and Darcy Blake have been opposites, Darcy this year can't pass the ball to someone on his own team for love nor money, again a totally different player to the back end of last season. My opinion is that Quinn has, despite the few cock ups last year, so far been worth the £400,000 we paid for him given the run he's had within the team, he's been brilliant. We'd be better off getting rid of Blake for that amount of money and just be done with it. Quinn I think myself will improve under a decent(ish) centre pairing, Darcy just isn't good enough for the championship, he's more than a liability. Darcy's mental and spatial awareness just isn't there neither is his will power for off the field problems. Quinn looks like he knows what's going on during a game and to be fair to him has looked hell of a lot more clued up than Darcy has. My opinion anyway.

Haha peeley as i was readin the darcy bit i thought this sounds like peeley this does....then i seen the name,lol..fair 1 :ayatollah: