Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:46 pm

whats everyone opinions on him tonight.

he put foot in bit more 2nite to be fair :ayatollah:

Re: BOTHROYD

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:48 pm

primma donna!!!!! end of!!!!!

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:57 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:whats everyone opinions on him tonight.

He did absolutely f**k all!! needs to be dropped. Parkin came on and did more with 2 touches than Bothroyd did all game. Doesn't look interested, looks more interested with staying on the floor and half jogging around the pitch, mostly in offside positions. Parkin + Bellamy up front next game if Chopra unfit.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:57 pm

Lazy!! really lazy!!

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:59 pm

haha

parkin did what number 9 suppose to do push defenders backwards :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:01 pm

in all fairness he did stay on his feet tonight and did battle a lot more than usual.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:06 pm

He and Whitts were shite. Parkin and Burke to start on Saturday :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:07 pm

I think he had a fairly good game.

BUT still has that tendancy to go out wide all the time and also Faff around and keep the ball too long.

Prime examle: that great move down the wing and JET gave him the ball and broke, made a cracking burst of speed behind and in between the FB and centre half and Bothroyd fannied around with it and missed the pass! JET was furious!

Another example, he had it on the edge of the box in good crossing position, he cut inside tried to dribble past now 3 players and lost the ball.

Thought Parkin and JET especially was brilliant and made far more impact that Bothroyd.

I don't know he seems to make everything look so much harder than he needs to. Does some great first time touches and skills to beat players, but he beats them going sideways :shock: :shock: :shock:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:13 pm

He frustrated me a bit but did his job I thought I am happy with tonight played a good team kept a clean sheet and scored 2 well worked goals.

Defence did well tonight against some very good players I thought Quinn had a great game

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:17 pm

valleyrambill wrote:He frustrated me a bit but did his job I thought I am happy with tonight played a good team kept a clean sheet and scored 2 well worked goals.

Defence did well tonight against some very good players I thought Quinn had a great game

agree defense where fantastic super quinn flying down the wing lol

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:37 pm

thought he was poor tonight, doesnt show enough urgency, though got better when the crowd got on his back a little bit

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:39 pm

blueonthegrange wrote:

He did absolutely f**k all!! needs to be dropped. Parkin came on and did more with 2 touches than Bothroyd did all game. Doesn't look interested, looks more interested with staying on the floor and half jogging around the pitch, mostly in offside positions. Parkin + Bellamy up front next game if Chopra unfit.

parkin HAD TO DO MORE with 2 touches because his first touch is p**s poor,jay needs a good kick up the backside but parkin is not even close to the answer

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:51 pm

I cant believe people really compare Parkin and Jay to be honest.
Jay is ten times the player even when he isnt interested, and must start every game possible IMO.
Parkin will be useful but shouldnt start unless we are desperate

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:03 am

Jay Bothroyd is our best player by a mile and we all need to appreciate him whilst he lasts (for us).

If he leaves in the summer we'll have to spend many millions to get player as good as he is! Simple as kids!

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:10 am

parkin is shite to be fair

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:38 pm

cityblue wrote:
blueonthegrange wrote:

parkin HAD TO DO MORE with 2 touches because his first touch is p**s poor,jay needs a good kick up the backside but parkin is not even close to the answer

I meant 2 seperate touches ;) As in the ball was played yto him in the air twice, and twice he got it, Jay, something like 9 times, didnt get the ball once, either didnt try or out muscled

Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:36 pm

get him back at city

Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:45 pm

Joe_masonn wrote:get him back at city

Who? Parkin? :D