Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: German flag in 117 .....WHY??111

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:16 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I'm sick of him. I'm sick of the midget 3 rows in front who gives it all to the away fans after we score, despite moaning before. I'm sick of it all. 117, row g or so down is a disgrace :evil:

Is the midget me :lol:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:30 pm

Midfield general wrote:Thats right try and wipe out the history of those brave souls who put their lives on the line to save this country from Hitler. This German flag should be taken out of the stadium and set alight.

BOLLIX

what has our current flag to do with the 3rd reich? Feck all...

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:25 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Germany

as you can see, the black-red-gold flag has nothing to do with the 3rd reich. the current flag was actually outlawed by the nazis, as it stands for democracy, freedom and a republic. thats why i got no probs in flying it...

and for your interest, germany and the UK are friendly nations today, allies and even have combined manuvers of german and british forces.

the british SAS once helped german forces to free a hijacked plane in 1977. a few months ago, german airforce fighter planes helped and freed british forces in afghanistan who were trapped by talibans...

so, we're not at war anymore, that ended in 1945. you should prob. get a bit of knowledge about history and not get ur "knowledge" and opinions from the sun, notw or war movies... :old:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:40 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:A man in 117, who offers NO support during the match, unfulrs a German flag at the end when we win.

No likey und Irish flag, NO likey und Deutsche flag.

perhaps he was planning on invading the opposite side of the stadium where the Jewish flag was????

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:31 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I'm sick of him. I'm sick of the midget 3 rows in front who gives it all to the away fans after we score, despite moaning before. I'm sick of it all. 117, row g or so down is a disgrace :evil:

Is the midget me :lol:

I didn't mention anything about wanting to be Scottish ;) ;)

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:36 pm

Zabier wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
Zabier wrote:If he was from Germany or has German background what's the problem? If he wasn't then it's a bit pointless but he pays as much as we do per game so he can do what he wants provided it doesn't have a negative effect on our team.

Don't get me wrong mate, fly what ever flag you wish.

My point is that he doesn't cheer our team during the match, moans about people making an atmosphere, tells the stewards etc - all negative to our team what with hampering the atmosphere - then wallows in the glory when it suits him. Too many fans willing to do that, but hamper everyone elses enjoyment. The problem with our fans is that too many care only about themselves and what entertainment they get.

So this is more than a one game issue then? In that case I see the argument. I thought it was just this one off time regarding him flying a German flag in an attempt to wind up the Leicester fans.

If I am honest fella, I was pished last night, but I think some my sentiment came across correctly. As a whole, a lot of people around there seem to me like they dont make an effort to support the team, only to bask in our teams glory when they win. At the same time they hamper others desire to create an atmosphere - and I wouldnt say creating an atmosphere is a selfish thing, I'd call it altruistic.

I just used him as an example because it annoyed me someone would go to that effort each match of obtaining a german flag just to provoke the opposition, when he could just at least sing, or even just not try to look at people like myself like we're mentally handicapped because we're singing/clapping. There are plenty of others around him with the same traits, and it just sickens me. I used to be able to find common ground with city fans around me, but they've changed and are so inhospitable.