Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" ARE THE JACKS DOING IT THE RIGHT WAY ? "

Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:57 pm

" ARE THE JACKS DOING IT THE RIGHT WAY ? "

The Jacks left their Stadium at 1.45pm Today to go to Coventry for tonights game.

No over night stay for a short journey.
Wage Cap on players £8,000 a week.
Manager £280,000 a year .

WE GO TO READING and STAY OVER NIGHT THERE FOR A NIGHT GAME(Night Before).

ARE OUR PLAYERS TO PAMPERED ?

Re: " ARE THE JACKS DOING IT THE RIGHT WAY ? "

Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:06 pm

Not sure if our players are too pampered. Probably best to travel the day before for a game in the East Midlands or North, but Reading is a bit close !

Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" ARE THE JACKS DOING IT THE RIGHT WAY ? "

The Jacks left their Stadium at 1.45pm Today to go to Coventry for tonights game.

Of coarse they are too pampered you can see that in most of our matches unfortunaltly

Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:28 pm

but with the likes of darcy blake could our players be trusted not to go out before a game?

Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:34 pm

a horse with no name wrote:but with the likes of darcy blake could our players be trusted not to go out before a game?

thats a very true there

Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:49 pm

No they are not. They have cheated their way into the championship by paying 5p in the pound to creditors and then getting a stadium built for them. They aren't the only ones though. Plenty of teams screwed creditors before the deduction of pts penalty.

Had the jacks paid their debts and built their own ground I would say well done to them but they have got where they are today thanks to cheating debtors and local council tax payers. As punishment they should be relegated to the wessex league.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:23 pm

And Won Win nil at Coventry :cry:
And still above us and we have no games in hand .

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:28 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:No they are not. They have cheated their way into the championship by paying 5p in the pound to creditors and then getting a stadium built for them. They aren't the only ones though. Plenty of teams screwed creditors before the deduction of pts penalty.

Had the jacks paid their debts and built their own ground I would say well done to them but they have got where they are today thanks to cheating debtors and local council tax payers. As punishment they should be relegated to the wessex league.

I kind of agree with this, its all well and good them being debt free but they havent had to build a stadium and didnt pay of there debts.
Good on them for paying lower wages but is that because they have to because of low crowds and because they dont own there stadium.

I do agree City should be making more cut backs though.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:36 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:No they are not. They have cheated their way into the championship by paying 5p in the pound to creditors and then getting a stadium built for them. They aren't the only ones though. Plenty of teams screwed creditors before the deduction of pts penalty.

I kind of agree with this, its all well and good them being debt free but they havent had to build a stadium and didnt pay of there debts.
Good on them for paying lower wages but is that because they have to because of low crowds and because they dont own there stadium.

Luke, but pampering our players to much,in my opinion is no good.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:58 pm

Yeah they may be a little pampared but when you have "stars" like us they expect it I guess. If they arent pampared will they lose interest? We have big name players and big wages so to keep players like that and to get them in the future I suppose we have to give into them a little rightly or wrongly.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:54 pm

Interesting quote Annis.In relation to the managers wage, we could get 3 Brendan Rogers for what we are paying Jones, now there's an interesting thought.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:23 pm

Nope smaller club with less fans smaller budget, they will miss out on promotion this year, lose Sinclair, Prately, Williams, and the slide will begin.........

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

And Won Win nil at Coventry :cry:
And still above us and we have no games in hand .

With a much harder run in, they won't be at the end of the season.........

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:29 pm

I've had the misfortune of spending a few nights in hotels in and around Reading for work and I was bored out of my mind.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:36 pm

Think you maybe wrong with your facts there Annis. Unless Ashley Williams was lying about chilling in his hotel b4 the time you are saying on twitter

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:37 pm

i think we (CCFC) stay there because they dont want the risk of traffic

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:37 pm

GarethGardner wrote:Think you maybe wrong with your facts there Annis. Unless Ashley Williams was lying about chilling in his hotel b4 the time you are saying on twitter

They Def left at 1.45pm.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:38 pm

It's a bit like rocky 3 where rocky goes back to his roots, its the eye of the tiger Rock! Sadly none of our players seem to have it! Maybe they should get them chasing chickens!

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
GarethGardner wrote:Think you maybe wrong with your facts there Annis. Unless Ashley Williams was lying about chilling in his hotel b4 the time you are saying on twitter

They Def left at 1.45pm.

Well at 13:56 yesterday he tweeted saying he was watching prison break in the hotel. That bus from swansea must have been a rocket !

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:45 pm

GarethGardner wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

They Def left at 1.45pm.

Well at 13:56 yesterday he tweeted saying he was watching prison break in the hotel. That bus from swansea must have been a rocket !

Must of been

Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:49 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

yes starting with giving wayne nash his p45 :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:09 pm

Is it being pampered? were the WAGS allowed or is it a good thing to get away from them for the night? ;)