Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " AARON RAMSEY LAST HOME GAME ? "

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:00 pm

Ramsey ave the home fans quite a clap at the end of the match. Looked like a goodbye to me which is a shame.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:01 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Ramsey ave the home fans quite a clap at the end of the match. Looked like a goodbye to me which is a shame.

i thought that to

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:36 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ds-newsxml

...gone

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:50 pm

Damned Yank wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1359707/Aaron-Ramsey-Arsenal-quadruple-bid.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

...gone

Thanks for that link Damned Yank,looks like we were correct with the info we had.

If this was Aarons last game at the CCS - Thanks for the help you have given us in the last month :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

And good luck with your career with Arsenal and Wales.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:00 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Damned Yank wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1359707/Aaron-Ramsey-Arsenal-quadruple-bid.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

...gone

Thanks for that link Damned Yank,looks like we were correct with the info we had.

If this was Aarons last game at the CCS - Thanks for the help you have given us in the last month :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

no probs bro, although I am yet to play for Arsenal. :lol:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:06 am

Damned Yank wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

...gone

no probs bro, although I am yet to play for Arsenal. :lol:

;)

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:06 am

Top cat also see here:

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has reassured Ramsey that he has a big future at the Emirates and intends to recall him from Cardiff to help the club’s push for trophies on four fronts.

"He is on loan until Saturday," said Wenger. "After that, he comes back. He could be available for the FA Cup replay against Leyton Orient next Wednesday.

"Yes, I intend to use him. I have had good reports from Cardiff. He could not play on Saturday because he had a little hip problem and we demanded he rest.

"I think he will play this Saturday again and then we will see if he comes through that game well. After that he is available for Arsenal."

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ar ... z1EjgYEtpL

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ar ... um=twitter

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:08 am

It doesn't look good but a friend of mine at the WM&E says he's staying for an extra month and this talk is a smoke screen. Not sure why tho...
:ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:27 am

Damned Yank wrote:It doesn't look good but a friend of mine at the WM&E says he's staying for an extra month and this talk is a smoke screen. Not sure why tho...
:ayatollah:

Thats the same info that i have heared tonight.Each day in football can change,i would love for Aaron to stay but the info that i had today and Carl is he was going back...The next few days will be interesting.

At least the daily papers have got the same info i had today. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:09 am

I know this is selfish but Ramsey is still not fully fit and would benefit from another month on loan with ourselves to get back to full fitness perhaps this can be arranged between DJ and AW with Arsenal having a instant recall clause if they suffer an injury crisis.

If not that the very best wishes to Ramsey and a big thank you for coming here it's been fantastic to see him in a City shirt showing us just what we are missing :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:34 am

I really do think that its too early for AW to call Ramsey back. Looking at Arsenal fixtures they have the Carling Cup final on Sunday so thats one comp down. Then he could play against Leyton Orient, if he does I dont AW would risk him in the game against Sunderland 3 days later. After that they have to play Baracelona away and Manchester Utd away(if they beat Orient), is Ramsey sharp enough to play against them? Their last game for the month is against WBA which he could play in.

So looking at Arsenal month ahead i think Ramsey would get more game time here, then Arsenal could call him back in April. Where if they are still in all comps they have a massive month.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:45 am

ackers1927 wrote:I really do think that its too early for AW to call Ramsey back. Looking at Arsenal fixtures they have the Carling Cup final on Sunday so thats one comp down. Then he could play against Leyton Orient, if he does I dont AW would risk him in the game against Sunderland 3 days later. After that they have to play Baracelona away and Manchester Utd away(if they beat Orient), is Ramsey sharp enough to play against them? Their last game for the month is against WBA which he could play in.

So looking at Arsenal month ahead i think Ramsey would get more game time here, then Arsenal could call him back in April. Where if they are still in all comps they have a massive month.

Is this just wishful thinking?

I am not too sure. He looked absolutely on his feet last night in last 15 mins or so but he still just kept going and going.

Would he get a game at Arsenal? What good is warming the bench or having half an hour v Orient?

They should just make a decision to say, stay at Cardiff for the season and come back for our pre season in prime form.

Whateber happens, he has been the highlight of this weird season. His goal will always be remembered with sheer delight :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:46 am

ackers1927 wrote:I really do think that its too early for AW to call Ramsey back. Looking at Arsenal fixtures they have the Carling Cup final on Sunday so thats one comp down. Then he could play against Leyton Orient, if he does I dont AW would risk him in the game against Sunderland 3 days later. After that they have to play Baracelona away and Manchester Utd away(if they beat Orient), is Ramsey sharp enough to play against them? Their last game for the month is against WBA which he could play in.

i just cant see him being bein called back yet mate.the point of sending him out was to get game time.if they wait till end of season,plenty of friendlies to play in then.if he goes back now,he wont have any game time and he'll be starting from scratch again.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:08 am

Boxerbob and Danny says, I agree with you both :ayatollah:

AW has send Ramsey out to get fit. To call him back next month to sit on the bench, or come on half hour here, half hour there makes no sense.

If they are still in all comps, he should call him back in April. If not they wont need him, and like you both say he should stay until the end for the season. Go back pre season fit and ready :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:14 am

Oh b@llocks

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... enal-news+

Arsenal Official Site.
Ramsey pencilled in for FA Cup comeback

By Chris Harris

Aaron Ramsey has been pencilled in for the FA Cup Fifth-Round replay with Leyton Orient.

The Wales midfielder is currently on loan with former club Cardiff City but he is due back this weekend and, fitness permitting, will be considered for Arsenal duty a little over a year since his last first-team appearance ended with a double leg fracture.

“He is on loan until Saturday,” Wenger told Arsenal.com. “After that he comes back. He could be available for the second game against Leyton Orient on Wednesday.

“I have had good reports from Cardiff and I intend to use him. He could not play last Saturday because he had a little hip problem and we demanded that he rest.

“I think he will play this Saturday again and then we will see if he comes through that game well. After that he is available for Arsenal.”

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:00 pm

He came into the Premier Lounge to collect his man of the match award.
He had been with his personal trainer from Arsenal so was late arriving.
He was absolutely dead on his feet and wearing a track suit and trainers ( MOM are usually suited and booted )
He got a tremendous ovation and was not asked any awkward questions.
I think Arsenal will recall him and bed him in to their mid field but there is hope in the fact that he still needs match fitness. A very slim hope though but if the quotes attributed to AW are correct then there seems to be none.
Thank you Aaron you are a class apart from most of our players.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:51 pm

Rumoured Ramsey cannot play v Orient as he was on loan to us for original cup tie.
Source - CCMB.

Don't know if (i) this is correct or (ii) and more importantly if it will make any difference to Arsenal wanting him back.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:57 pm

I thought there was some form of gentlemans agreement between DJ and Wenger that he would stay for the rest of the season?

What has changed for him to be here only for 1month?

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:59 pm

Stavross wrote:I thought there was some form of gentlemans agreement between DJ and Wenger that he would stay for the rest of the season?

What has changed for him to be here only for 1month?

Carl will explain all in Fridays update :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:00 pm

Its been a privelige to see Rambo back in Bluebirds side. He has already made a massive contribution towards us achieving our dream and if does go back we have to thank him for the 100% effort he has put in on our clubs behalf. He is the best welsh player for several generations and that includes Bale, Rush, Giggs, Toshack and he is a Bluebird through and through. I'm gutted I couldn;t be there last night to see what was probably his final game at CCS for us, but if Wenger can afford to leave him out then Denilson must be some player :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " AARON RAMSEY LAST HOME GAME "

Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Aaron Ramsey will face a fitness test this afternoon to assess whether he can play tonight. Also despite what you may have read elsewhere I understand that Aaron will be recalled by Arsenal as soon as his loan deal expires. There will be no extension to this agreement.

I am told also that Michael Chopra is very likely to start tonight.

SADLY
Carl You were spot on about AARON RAMSEY. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The Echo made out we were trying to keep him, another mb said he was staying, But It had been decided last week he was 100% going back NO MATTER WHAT.

gutted, oh well, thanks for your effort Aaron :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:44 pm

CF14-SE14 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Aaron Ramsey will face a fitness test this afternoon to assess whether he can play tonight. Also despite what you may have read elsewhere I understand that Aaron will be recalled by Arsenal as soon as his loan deal expires. There will be no extension to this agreement.

SADLY
Carl You were spot on about AARON RAMSEY. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The Echo made out we were trying to keep him, another mb said he was staying, But It had been decided last week he was 100% going back NO MATTER WHAT.

gutted, oh well, thanks for your effort Aaron :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Same here Aaron, Great to watch pure CLASS :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:35 pm

The thing is that with Arsenal being in such a good position in the PL, a real chance of winning with 11 games left, if Aaron can get game time in 10 of those he could win a PL winners medal.

Those are few and far between and if there is any chance surely we would all thank him for everything during the last month and wish him the best of luck back at the Arsenal.

Having said that Arsenal cannot play him in the FA Cup replay because he was not available for the 1st leg so in March Arsenal only have 2 other PL games and the 2nd leg CL game with Barcelona, so how much would he actually be used by Arsenal during March.

I still hope that AW will see he can get another 4 games here before the International break and then he could go back to Arsenal for the last 6 weeks of the season, maybe even an FA Cup final.

Lets hope we can agree another loan until after 19th March that would be a huge bonus for us, it still may be possible. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:20 am

SADLY
Carl You were spot on about AARON RAMSEY. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:52 am

Forever Blue wrote:

SADLY
Carl You were spot on about AARON RAMSEY. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Spot on lads Carl-Annis you were Correct AGAIN :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
I just hope that Chops can start more games,and keep scoring.We look a better team with Chops in it. :ayatollah: